John Barrowman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He is an actor, does musicals and presents a Saturday night TV show for the Beeb.

really came to the foreground as Captain Jack in Doctor Who and Torchwood.
Been in Desperate Housewives and Arrow(new show).

Born in Scotland but brought up in America, came back to the UK some years ago.

Hmmm, I still don't know who he is but I don't watch lots of "ordinary" TV. He's from Scotland though so maybe I should know him. His mum's not called Edna is she??

So it really is just the reptilian stare & grin, nothing more than that? How dull, I was hoping he would turn out to be an ex or something.....something interesting! I am soooo disappointed! Mind you, I guess the reptilian stare & gape is sufficient......I s'pose......! :tongue: :grin:

Uncool though? Well yes, very actually! Steve McQueen was 'cool', JB not so much, or at all in fact! 'Cool' is a very subjective thing though but JB would never make anybody's 'cool wall', too bouncy, too pushy, too loud, too in-yer-face, too everything really......! LOL

God forbid. The only brush with fame I've had is Dale Winton trying get into my knickers. It was in his Pets Win Prizes days. He was very orange. (And no he didn't succeed).

God forbid. The only brush with fame I've had is Dale Winton trying get into my knickers. It was in his Pets Win Prizes days. He was very orange. (And no he didn't succeed).

Sorry BB, I would have liked to have read that quite seriously, nodding sagely with a 'Hmm, yes I see, oh dear, what an unfortunate occurrence!' etc. etc. but I'm afraid I couldn't get past the 'Pets Win Prizes' bit without snorting loudly in an extremely unladylike fashion......nope, tried a second time, same snorting reaction......! :grin:

Short version of above: :mysmilie_506: :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483:

Sorry BB, I would have liked to have read that quite seriously, nodding sagely with a 'Hmm, yes I see, oh dear, what an unfortunate occurrence!' etc. etc. but I'm afraid I couldn't get past the 'Pets Win Prizes' bit without snorting loudly in an extremely unladylike fashion......nope, tried a second time, same snorting reaction......! :grin:

Short version of above: :mysmilie_506: :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483: :mysmilie_483:

I know. Hardly auspicious is it?i mean, if it had been the Supermarket Sweep years things could have turned out very differently. I could be quaffing champers with Dale, Cilla and Biggins now.

Were you on the show

Cheeky.

It was in a gay club in Sheffield (my home town). He turned up with his couple of hangers on and stared at me all night. Understandable cos I was ****-hot back then :wave: I pretended it wasn't happening, whilst at the same time secretly loving it,obviously. At the end I was stood outside the club waiting for a taxi and he appeared next to me. A brief conversation ensued which ill not repeat in the interest of Dales privacy. then his mates pulled up in a flashy car and he left. Probably to his grans!

It was one of those bizarre episodes where you wake up next day and wonder if you dreamed it.

Last edited:
who did he play in desperate housewives? i'd never heard of him till he appeared on qvc.

Yikes! I've just remembered. There was an "incident" with Jean-Paul Gaultier in a seedy club in Manchester as well.

Burlz , Can we have a thread called "close encounters of a Burly kind" please. I want to know more!!!

I know. Hardly auspicious is it?i mean, if it had been the Supermarket Sweep years things could have turned out very differently. I could be quaffing champers with Dale, Cilla and Biggins now.

Auspicious doesn't come into it, more the thought of you as a 'pet' with the prize being, well, a lucky escape I guess! LOL

And sorry Burlz, I really don't think you'd have fitted in with the Dale, Cilla & Biggins brigade; Cilla is a total mega b*tch by all accounts for a start & unlike you in your b*tchy moments, not remotely amusing with it! Not enough champers in the world to be able to put up with that bunch for long I fear.....?

Yikes! I've just remembered. There was an "incident" with Jean-Paul Gaultier in a seedy club in Manchester as well.

Any more, or is that definitely it? :wonder: :grin:

Latest posts

Back