Joanie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I know Joan is getting on in years but, watching her show, brought it home that her day job may be as an actress but, appearing on QVC to peddle her stuff, she is basically a sales person. Also, she was talking about the perfume set and, before being able to tell us what it was, she had to read the label on the body lotion, to know that is exactly what it is. Could be an age thing; I think it is just a case of her putting her name to a range, so why does she need to know the ins and outs of it?

Never watched Joan before but just caught a little. Catherine looks tentative a little nervous of Joan. Joan did make me chuckle when she scoffed 'We aren't 5 years old. Why would we want our lip gloss to taste like sweets?'.:mysmilie_12:

Catherine went quiet and I chuckled as from what I've learned about Catherine in my few months watching I reckon that the lip gloss tasting of sweets would be right up her street.:mysmilie_17:

Never watched Joan before but just caught a little. Catherine looks tentative a little nervous of Joan. Joan did make me chuckle when she scoffed 'We aren't 5 years old. Why would we want our lip gloss to taste like sweets?'.:mysmilie_12:

Catherine went quiet and I chuckled as from what I've learned about Catherine in my few months watching I reckon that the lip gloss tasting of sweets would be right up her street.:mysmilie_17:

I'm not sure what you've read about Catherine so I can't really comment but lots of brands do sweetie flavoured lip glosses. Laura Geller, Smashbox etc and I love them so I wonder what that says about me.

I was 'dipping in and out' of Joan's show. Yes, Catherine did seem nervous around her.

Now, I really like Joan Collins but tbh, I would not buy her range as I think it is too 'old school',. I think she really overdoes the makeup and I prefer the 'less is more' approach.
I also think that she would have been better suited to wearing something other than a sleeveless top - all the close ups of her showing the products were not doing her any favours of her arms. Joan usually always looks well groomed and glamourous so was surprised to see her like this.

I'm not sure what you've read about Catherine so I can't really comment but lots of brands do sweetie flavoured lip glosses. Laura Geller, Smashbox etc and I love them so I wonder what that says about me.

I've not read anything about Catherine but she seems like a real foody with rather a sweet tooth. She is always mentioning treats and overindulging and she is quite quirky so I feel sweety flavoured lipgloss would be right up her street, mine too I love the Lancome juicy tubes. I did relate to Cat. when Joan firmly put her in her place poor thing. Joans make up style could look good with a particular outfit now and again but is not an everyday look for the vast majority of women in 2014. It does remind me of the classic music vid for Robert Palmer's 'addicted to love'.

I've not read anything about Catherine but she seems like a real foody with rather a sweet tooth. She is always mentioning treats and overindulging and she is quite quirky so I feel sweety flavoured lipgloss would be right up her street, mine too I love the Lancome juicy tubes. I did relate to Cat. when Joan firmly put her in her place poor thing. Joans make up style could look good with a particular outfit now and again but is not an everyday look for the vast majority of women in 2014. It does remind me of the classic music vid for Robert Palmer's 'addicted to love'.
I do too. I can go out without eye make up but feel naked without lipstick and lip gloss. I'm fed up that QVC stopped selling Smashbox glosses as they are my all time favourites bar none. I know I can buy them elsewhere but QVC had some good sets and prices.

I just looked up had on with volume turned down, and thought what range of make-up are they selling as her make-up was over the top. Then I saw it was a Joan Collins hour!

I think Joan looks well presented. I am never encouraged to buy any product endorsed by a celebrity; as with Lulu, they are basically just promoting the range, not coming up with the formula.

The Joan Collins show is on in the background and, it seems to me, that the on screen relationship between Ali and Joan is rather frosty. La Collins has corrected Ali's pronunciation a couple of times, now, and to give Ali credit, she does appear to be treating Joan like an uber celebrity, as the latter would, I suspect, demand. JC is an actress, primarily, and it is Ali who is the professional regarding beauty products (some people on this forum may disagree with that!). Joan needs to remember she is the guest, on air to peddle her products. Definitely no charisma between the two. Joan comes across as quite aloof.

IMO Joan needs to remember she is a third rate actress, just because she has lived to a ripe old age of (?) doesn't make her an oscar winner.
She was in low budget films when very young because she fitted into the studio idea of the British equivalent of Elizabeth Taylor. She was unheard of for many years until Dynasty and let's face it the "acting" was questionable to say the least.
There is a piece of ham in our fridge which would do a better job.
Sorry folks, not a fan. All the faux Britishness gets on my wick, easy when you don't actually live here.

IMO Joan needs to remember she is a third rate actress, just because she has lived to a ripe old age of (?) doesn't make her an oscar winner.
She was in low budget films when very young because she fitted into the studio idea of the British equivalent of Elizabeth Taylor. She was unheard of for many years until Dynasty and let's face it the "acting" was questionable to say the least.
There is a piece of ham in our fridge which would do a better job.
Sorry folks, not a fan. All the faux Britishness gets on my wick, easy when you don't actually live here.

My thoughts exactly! I don't dislike Joan Collins but she was never much of an actress or didn't ever seem to be much of one. More of a professional beauty I would say.

The Joan Collins show is on in the background and, it seems to me, that the on screen relationship between Ali and Joan is rather frosty. La Collins has corrected Ali's pronunciation a couple of times, now, and to give Ali credit, she does appear to be treating Joan like an uber celebrity, as the latter would, I suspect, demand. JC is an actress, primarily, and it is Ali who is the professional regarding beauty products (some people on this forum may disagree with that!). Joan needs to remember she is the guest, on air to peddle her products. Definitely no charisma between the two. Joan comes across as quite aloof.

AY looked awful in that Biba dress(?), she merrily announce people wanted to know where she bought it? No doubt to avoid it like the plague:mysmilie_17: Totally shapeless on AY and did nothing for her. Well it was metallic so did go with her usual overload of highlighter.

Latest posts

Back