Jilly is so boring!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think she's boring too. She's got a monotone delivery which is sooooo tedious. I also think that her hair is totally wrong for her. She does seem very pleasant but not very inspiring.

I certainly don't dislike her but I really don't like her hair as it always looks, to me, as if it has been dipped in oil and she does need a bit of root lift.It looks much better swept up. I'm not a fan of her voice either which a previous poster has described as monotone, and I agree but I do have a "thing" about voices so I'm probably being hypercritical.
I always want to tell her to get her ears pierced for those times when there isn't a model to demonstrate the earrings because I can't see how they are going to look in an actual ear, otherwise.
I don't read presenter blogs as I have no interest in their private lives but I'm sorry to hear she is having a bad week.

I certainly don't dislike her but I really don't like her hair as it always looks, to me, as if it has been dipped in oil and she does need a bit of root lift.It looks much better swept up. I'm not a fan of her voice either which a previous poster has described as monotone, and I agree but I do have a "thing" about voices so I'm probably being hypercritical.
I always want to tell her to get her ears pierced for those times when there isn't a model to demonstrate the earrings because I can't see how they are going to look in an actual ear, otherwise.
I don't read presenter blogs as I have no interest in their private lives but I'm sorry to hear she is having a bad week.

I think its totally REFRESHING to have a presenter who DOESN'T have pierced ears. Us non-piercies have become a minority in this world, and there may be a jolly good reason why she doesn't want to conform !

Being a teenager in the 60's the only women with pierced ears were very old ladies with long long earlobes, and I decided I was NOT going to end up looking like that ! However, fashion designers have decided we do not exist and unless we have to put up with the button style of earring, the only lovely clip ons and screws are usually found at antique fairs.

Stay as you are Jilly, you are the patron saint amongst presenters of the clip earring wearer !!!!!!!!!

Being a teenager in the 60's the only women with pierced ears were very old ladies with long long earlobes, and I decided I was NOT going to end up looking like that ! However, fashion designers have decided we do not exist and unless we have to put up with the button style of earring, the only lovely clip ons and screws are usually found at antique fairs.

Stay as you are Jilly, you are the patron saint amongst presenters of the clip earring wearer !!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I agree with you its up the person whether they have their ears pierced or not. I have two daughters 12 & 13, they are thinking about it, its their choice if they have their ears pierced or not. I can't stand it when babies are forced to have their ears pierced, sorry but it should be their choice when they are old enough to make it.

i like jilly she does seem more US than the others some seem like in their own world but with jilly to me anyway she seems more relevant to us the public if i make sense lol it's late

Stay as you are Jilly, you are the patron saint amongst presenters of the clip earring wearer !!!!!!!!!

I agree with you its up the person whether they have their ears pierced or not. I have two daughters 12 & 13, they are thinking about it, its their choice if they have their ears pierced or not. I can't stand it when babies are forced to have their ears pierced, sorry but it should be their choice when they are old enough to make it.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely!My daughters weren't allowed to get their ears pierced until they were 16 and I hate to see babies with earrings. I totally support Jilly's right to choose, too, I just don't think that she should present shows that feature earrings without having a model to demonstrate them.

The dedicated jewellery channels don't seem to try on their earrings on air; they use clear plastic stands held upto their lobes. (I'm not a big viewer of these channels so I stand corrected if this has changed).

How hard we are on our femail presenters: how many times have Charlie, Dale, Julian or Anthony changed their hair styles in the past 10-15 years? OK Charlie's started using lipgloss but otherwise they're stuck in a rut too by this standard.

Jilly seems comfortable with her look and she's presentable and professional at the job she does so I don't have a problem with her. Maybe she watches the multiple changes other presenters make and their regression to previous styles and thinks it's not worth the risk. I get the feeling QVC is Jilly's job not her whole life as with others; she seems to have a life outside which she's happy to keep separate and that suits me fine. I only want to hear about the products.

You can always tell when Jilly knows nothing about the product she's presenting as she relies more heavily on her catch-phrases "superb", "Right the way through" etc but then they all do that don't they?

Jude xx

A great post Akimbo! I feel exactly the same as you about Jilly. BTW in my post when I joked about some people liking Craig and DB I did actually mean DF.I dont know enough about DB to form an opinion as I dont do craft.:mysmilie_845:

Imo Jilly is a beautiful lady, she has the best skin of all the female presenters, amazing cheekbones and looks lovely without putting all her goods on show,
LoopysBoobs.gif
using gallons of slap and sparkly eyeshadows to try and look 25 or changing/colouring her hair every 5 minutes. The hair is a bit dated I agree but she looks absolutely stunning when she has an up-do. She also comes across (to me) as a very likeable lady without all the artifice, posturing and boastfulness of some others I could mention.....like JF and AK. I can see why those two old show offs are such good friends. :smirk:

Latest posts

Back