Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes as Craftalot said above, self induced starvation in order to be unnaturally thin is a badge of honour to lots of people and not a new thing. Wallis Simpson once said a woman can never be too rich or too thin, Coco Chanel thought the same, Anna Wintour the American Vogue editor could be JF`s sister and Victoria Beckham is another one who probably thinks a square meal comes in a glass. VB was recently slated for using anorexic chic as the theme in her fashion show. All the models were painfully painfully thin and their makeup was deliberately applied to give them dark shadows, gaunt looking cheeks and long lank hair. Sound familiar ?
Here`s an article and is this what JF and others aspire to ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...lks-SARAH-VINE-horrified-Posh-s-new-show.html

I agree, it seems people presenting hair products look like they've got rats tails (sorry, no offence to the rats) lanky, tatty, problematic hair, people presenting clothing ranges have no sense of style, people presenting skin care have burnt, lined awful skin, people presenting food items look like they'd sooner chew their own arm off than eat any for fear of putting a pound on etc etc. Quite funny and a touch ironic when you think about it.

Um, as I cant keep up with who presents what, but following on from the outlined sentence above, has Ali Keenan ever presented Ultra Sun ????

Yes as Craftalot said above, self induced starvation in order to be unnaturally thin is a badge of honour to lots of people and not a new thing. Wallis Simpson once said a woman can never be too rich or too thin, Coco Chanel thought the same, Anna Wintour the American Vogue editor could be JF`s sister and Victoria Beckham is another one who probably thinks a square meal comes in a glass. VB was recently slated for using anorexic chic as the theme in her fashion show. All the models were painfully painfully thin and their makeup was deliberately applied to give them dark shadows, gaunt looking cheeks and long lank hair. Sound familiar ?
Here`s an article and is this what JF and others aspire to ?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...lks-SARAH-VINE-horrified-Posh-s-new-show.html

Good comments Vienna. They may all be young, thin and beautiful (?) now, but what price to their bodies in the long term. I had a lot of very slender friends in my teens and twenties, but seeing them now they have all got rather broader in the beam. Others sadly have died younger than they should have through a variety of reasons, the main one being cancer - brought about by smoking to ward off an appetite for food. The super models of yesteryear who are now in their middle years all look healthy and glowing without being anorexic.

True she might not suit very short hair, such as a pixie cut for instance, but I cannot see how it could look any worse with some of the length chopped off into, say, a bob length than it does at present - at the moment it just looks like rats tails hanging around her head, to be frank. There are hair products available that add body to limp hair - and given Jill's wide-ranging beauty knowledge (or so she implies), she must know about these products. I think you are right about it being her perception of how she looks, but she's not being honest with herself, IMO.

Thinking about Jill's hair she wouldn't suit it short as her face is too long and thin nor would she suit it in an updo. She probably feels that the long lank look is the only option for her and her girlfriends probably think she looks amazing, devine, to die for, just use any one of her favourite adjectives.

So true - and even more of a complete joke that they presume to give US advice about looking good!! Self-delusion doesn't begin to cover it.

I agree, it seems people presenting hair products look like they've got rats tails (sorry, no offence to the rats) lanky, tatty, problematic hair, people presenting clothing ranges have no sense of style, people presenting skin care have burnt, lined awful skin, people presenting food items look like they'd sooner chew their own arm off than eat any for fear of putting a pound on etc etc. Quite funny and a touch ironic when you think about it.

So true - and even more of a complete joke that they presume to give US advice about looking good!! Self-delusion doesn't begin to cover it.

I know, do you remember that Morning Style with Kathy Tayler advert were she was walking her dog with bottle green trousers and a grey anorak on? Morning perhaps, Style? absolutely not, the woman has no sense of it whatsoever.

I used to think Kathy was one of the better presenters, in that she seemed more down to earth, and didn't talk over every guest and come out with consistently silly comments, but would never in a million years have thought she could be described as stylish, so she seemed a strange choice for that hour. Sadly, I've revised my opinion of her lately, as I've watched her being quite rude to a few guests - and she seemed to have caught the "I need to talk over every guest to show that I know better than him/her" disease which is so prevalent at Q.

I know, do you remember that Morning Style with Kathy Tayler advert were she was walking her dog with bottle green trousers and a grey anorak on? Morning perhaps, Style? absolutely not, the woman has no sense of it whatsoever.

I caught a few seconds of JF on a fashion show last night and she was wearing a top which was too big (all over, the arms were down past her knuckles) and she kept swishing it around to show how big it was and kept saying it wasn't her size. Not sure what the excuse was but I would be pretty sure there were other items which would not have made her look like orphan Annie

She was wearing skinny jeans, lace frock length tunic and killer heels in WHITE, not a good look on anyone Jill

I caught a few seconds of JF on a fashion show last night and she was wearing a top which was too big (all over, the arms were down past her knuckles) and she kept swishing it around to show how big it was and kept saying it wasn't her size. Not sure what the excuse was but I would be pretty sure there were other items which would not have made her look like orphan Annie

She was wearing skinny jeans, lace frock length tunic and killer heels in WHITE, not a good look on anyone Jill
Makes me wonder if someone from Q has viewed the thread and noticed the comments about bulldog clip Franks and she had given the clip a miss for once.

I don't think they do otherwise there would be mega changes as it is always the same gripes which feature here thread after thread.

Or perhaps they do and just say "stuff those saddos"!! if the inane childish kiss kiss comments at the end of every comment on FB is anything to go by they are all living in cloud cuckoo land.

It's healthier Menopause age to have a little padding ...especially when bones become more fragile ....Skinny isn't healthy when the diet is rubbish ...some people are naturally slim ..and want to put on weight ..Jill is very tall and her shoes don't help her skinny frame ...posh spice looked so much he lather when she was in the spice girls ..and now look what she looks like and what she promotes ...( referring to very gaunt looking models in the press with her fashion items recently )I'm a sixteen at top and 14 bottom ...I have my days when I binge ..do t we all ..but during the week I don't eat wheat ( ever now actually ) but weekends could not survive without my choccy ..and I would rather be enjoying a bit of choccy than wearing maybe a size 12 jeans ( give me a magic wand and I would take it of course lol ) ...life is too short surely ? ...

I really Agee with lots that's been commented on. However, do we really know that Jill has an eating problem. Or is she just a skinny Minnie . I don't like her sales pitch, don't like her fashion, don't like her I love everything. I'm a size 16 been bigger, been smaller but I still want to be a 12...... Life's a bitch.

I really Agee with lots that's been commented on. However, do we really know that Jill has an eating problem. Or is she just a skinny Minnie . I don't like her sales pitch, don't like her fashion, don't like her I love everything. I'm a size 16 been bigger, been smaller but I still want to be a 12...... Life's a bitch.

I'm not saying personally Jill has an eating problem ..you are quite right there ...we don't know ...it is easier to tell if a person has a problem with food when overweight of course ...but of course again some medical conditions can cause this and medications I would imagine

None of us have any evidence that JF has an eating disorder and it would be libellous to insinuate that she had. Moreover, it'd just be a bit nasty. She's a right skinny old cow - far too skinny to my mind but I don't think it's right to bandy about accusations of serious mental health problems such as eating disorders.

When JF first joined QVC she wasn't as thin as she is now, and looked prettier and healthier for it. Caught a quick look of her yesterday and her legs looked the thickness of my arm, she looked unhealthy and gaunt, so for what ever reason she must think it's an attractive look to be so thin. I doubt it's through illness though because she's always stated how she lives for exercise, and I'd have thought QVC, as her employer, would've had a duty of care to help her if she's got an eating disorder, whatever the reason, in my opinion, she does look painfully underweight.

Latest posts

Back