Jill Franks Appreciation thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You haven't had many posts if you joined May 2009 r u a qvc employee in disguise:wonder: anyway....can you answer the burning question is she pregnant or not:yawn:

No i'm not a qvc employee. I am disabled and housebound!

You go girlfriend...

The things I like about Jill is that she is full of enthusiasm and obviously enjoys her job - great thread by the way!:mysmilie_378:

I agree that her show with John Barrowman was good and she also handled Harald very well. :flower::flower::flower:

How could I forget Harald! I agree, some presenters seemed as if they weren't sure how to handle Harald, whereas JF just seemed to be having a ball! :clapping::rock::sun:

I enjoyed watching the Honora show Jill presented with Ralph last month. I thought she looked lovely in the lemon coloured dress.

I enjoyed watching the Honora show Jill presented with Ralph last month. I thought she looked lovely in the lemon coloured dress.

agree, she looked lovely, and to be honest she is not annoying me as much as she used to, she just seems to be a bit calmer and happier. The "girly" stuff irritates me a bit and the wafting on about "ooh I can't live without..........." fill in the blank with whatever she is presenting.

She's one of my favourite presenters. I like her enthusiasm and not irritated by her girlyness. She comes across as being pampered and carefree. Good for her.

She seems to have cut down on the ammaaaazzzzings lately. She does look better I'll give her that.

I like Jill too, I know some think she is OTT with loving everything and it being 'amazing' but I like her enthusiasm and she interacts well with most of the guests, especially the characters like our Harald :giggle: And she is looking really good lately, whether she has had some work done, gained some weight or is pregnant it really suits her :up::flower:

Well, I never thought I would say this, because i have been quite critical of her in the past, but she is beginning to grow on me! I thought the show she did with Liz Earle was nothing short of fantastic. I recorded it and intended to fast forward through the whole thing, but I ended up watching and enjoying it very much. Don't know if she has changed, or perhaps I have changed, but in any case I found her very watchable. She does look healthier lately, too.
But, like others on here, I am menopausal, so I reserve the right to change my mind at a moment's notice and without warning!
Others will feel differently, I believe?
I think someone has had a word with her. I've noticed her presentation has improved and doesn't seem to irritate so much with her girly girly amazing this and that.

I think the reason I am starting to like her is because I now believe that the on screen Jill matches the off screen Jill. She is a bit dippy, girly and "pink" for me, but it does seem as though that's the real her, not just an act for the telly.
Of course, I may be wrong (come on Burlz-let me have it with both barrels-am I wrong?!!!)

I get that impression too. I do find her irritating at times but then, who isn't irritating at times??

The only positive thing I can say is 'I prefer her to Craig'!!!

tricky that one but think I agree. Have wracked my brain for something positive to say about her - I appreciate when she is not on screen - does that count?

Yes I like her too. Not sure why - I can see the girly/amazing thing can grate, but she just doesn't annoy. To me she seems happy in her skin, enjoying her life and has no problems with anybody else. That's a nice place to be.

I have to say she seems to have greatly improved this year (I know its only Feb).

Last year she really annoyed me with her 'girly girl', 'i got to get this', 'i have this this' speak.

However, now she seems to have calmed herself down and is just pleasant to watch.

Haven't seen much of Beauty Day as I don't currently need a cure for insomnia :wink: but I did catch five minutes of Jill doing the Nails Inc hour this afternoon and have to admit she was really very good. She didn't witter on about how much she loooved everything or how amaaaazing it all was, asked the guest pertinent questions about the products and gave her time to answer - I actually learnt a thing or too. Keep it up Jill! :nod:

Sorry, she doesn't do anything for me. Can't quite put my finger on it, but there's something about her that's awkward. No doubt she's a lovely lady, but not a great presenter.

Latest posts

Back