Jill Franks Appreciation thread

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Doo's

Registered Shopper
I know people on here don't like Jill Franks. I think Jill is a lovely, funny and caring person. A friend of a friend who knows Jill said she is absolutely lovely. A very genuine and thoughtful Lady. Jill gets a lot of stick on here. I would be very hurt and upset if I read all the nasty comments made if i were Gill :happy:

You haven't had many posts if you joined May 2009 r u a qvc employee in disguise:wonder: anyway....can you answer the burning question is she pregnant or not:yawn:

I'm indifferant as far as Jill Franks is concerned. I don't dislike her but dont find her enjoyable to watch. She is looking better recently though. Not as skinny.

I know people on here don't like Jill Franks. I think Jill is a lovely, funny and caring person. A friend of a friend who knows Jill said she is absolutely lovely. A very genuine and thoughtful Lady. Jill gets a lot of stick on here. I would be very hurt and upset if I read all the nasty comments made if i were Gill :happy:

I would be upset if someone spelt my name incorrectly!!

Well I can't say anything nice so I better say nothing at all ! :mysmilie_514: :mysmilie_11:

I've also got a friend of a friend, of a friend, who's mother-in-law has a friend who's the next door neighbour of George Clooney's cleaner !!!! (oh do keep up)

I don't dislike Jill. I don't like her presenting style much, as she tells porkies occasionally about which products she "can't live without," and the whole "I'm such a girly girl," "Hellooooo" and "amaaayzzing" things do get on my pip a bit. It's good to hear she's a genuinely nice person off-screen.

Well, I never thought I would say this, because i have been quite critical of her in the past, but she is beginning to grow on me! I thought the show she did with Liz Earle was nothing short of fantastic. I recorded it and intended to fast forward through the whole thing, but I ended up watching and enjoying it very much. Don't know if she has changed, or perhaps I have changed, but in any case I found her very watchable. She does look healthier lately, too.
But, like others on here, I am menopausal, so I reserve the right to change my mind at a moment's notice and without warning!
Others will feel differently, I believe?

Last edited:
I always defend Jill in these types of thread and today is no different ! Leave her alone she does OK. I can name a handful of other presenters who need to seriously review their presenting styles. :down:

Well, I never thought I would say this, because i have been quite critical of her in the past, but she is beginning to grow on me! I thought the show she did with Liz Earle was nothing short of fantastic. I recorded it and intended to fast forward through the whole thing, but I ended up watching and enjoying it very much. Don't know if she has changed, or perhaps I have changed, but in any case I found her very watchable. She does look healthier lately, too.
But, like others on here, I am menopausal, so I reserve the right to change my mind at a moment's notice and without warning!
Others will feel differently, I believe?

I feel the same as you Craftybel, (not menopausal, still got a few years before I reach that joyful period in a womans life), but Jill has grown on me as well lately, I wasn't a fan in the beginning but I now find her ok to watch, she's quite informative and has definately improved (in my eyes anyway). She is also looking very well of late and I am envious of her hair colour! lol But for me Jill gets a thumbs up! (Now I'll head for some cover me thinks!):bandit:

Yeah, I like Jill Franks, and can't really understand the level of criticism aimed at her on this site. I do believe I started an I Love Jill Franks thread some months ago to try and redress the balance a bit (I don't love her, but I think she's all right). Did anyone see her with John Barrowman? She was really great with him.

Cheers, CountessK.

I don't dislike Jill. I don't like her presenting style much, as she tells porkies occasionally about which products she "can't live without," and the whole "I'm such a girly girl," "Hellooooo" and "amaaayzzing" things do get on my pip a bit. It's good to hear she's a genuinely nice person off-screen.

Sadly, she still doesn't "do" it for me. And agree whole heartedly with the above - the whole 'girly, cant cook, I'm so into pink' persona, I find irritating in a woman of her age. Loen Love on IW is around the same age, and for professionalism I know who I prefer to watch.

I think the reason I am starting to like her is because I now believe that the on screen Jill matches the off screen Jill. She is a bit dippy, girly and "pink" for me, but it does seem as though that's the real her, not just an act for the telly.
Of course, I may be wrong (come on Burlz-let me have it with both barrels-am I wrong?!!!)

I really enjoyed the shows JF did with John Barrowman, I saw a few minutes of her recent show with Liz Earle and was also surprised that i started enjoying it! :giggle: I also like it when she does make up shows too. I enjoy the hours she does with Paul from Bobbi Brown and with Daniel Sandler recently.

She is definitely looking good lately. :sun:

JF does appear to be much improved lately, and much of that is to do with toning down excessive dippiness.

She knows how to sell an item on screen, and when she seems happy with a show she's ****** good. I wonder if it's not being happy with a range she has to flog that sends her into overdrive?

I agree that her show with John Barrowman was good and she also handled Harald very well. :flower::flower::flower:
She's also an adoring pet owner and mentions her pampered pooches all the time :bear: Something I know that I am very guilty of doing :bandit: :giggle:

Latest posts

Back