Jill "amazing"Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NIKKID

Registered Shopper
Anyone watching Lola Rose? Jill Franks does my head in at the best of times but how many times has she said amazing in the past hour!!!

Seriously, someone at QVC need to look at expanding the presenters vocab!!

I love Lola Rose and can't tell you how dissapointed I was to see it was Jill Franks presenting. She does her job well, by giving good factual information but her limited vocabulary, as you say NIKKID, is a real turn off. The constant use of 'amaaaazing' as an adjective begins to wear me down very quickly. It is testiment to the quality of Lola Rose that I'm still watching...even with Jill Franks presenting.

I love Lola Rose and can't tell you how dissapointed I was to see it was Jill Franks presenting. She does her job well, by giving good factual information but her limited vocabulary, as you say NIKKID, is a real turn off. The constant use of 'amaaaazing' as an adjective begins to wear me down very quickly. It is testiment to the quality of Lola Rose that I'm still watching...even with Jill Franks presenting.

Felt exactly the same when I tuned in. In fact there seems to be a glut of Ms. Franks at the moment :yawn2::dull::yawn2:

Turned it over when Jill Franks was trying on the heart charm bracelets. She took one off to try another colour and the guy said, I think it looks great with two (handing her one back). He also said....I love the sound these make. Didnt really seem the sort of thing a guy would say but was exactly the same sales pitch as ol Nikki herself. I had a sudden vision of her sat there coaching him in the art of getting people to spend more then they intended.

Thanks to the fm's we now know there are sites such as Amazon where these things can be bought much cheaper :rock:

Bet

PS Love Lola Rose by the way, just been a bit disappointed with the last two TSVs so dont buy it from QVC anymore.

Last edited:
So she has moved on to "amazing", then! It used to be "of course". I spent my time counting how many times she would say "of course" in one show. Let's just say I would quickly lose count..! She was obviously told about that as she suddenly stopped. Let's see what "amazing" gets replaced with.

Another phrase I have heard JF use is "so hilarious". It generally relates to something I don't find even vaguely amusing!

Another phrase I have heard JF use is "so hilarious". It generally relates to something I don't find even vaguely amusing!

:grin::grin:yep, I've seen that one too, thought it must have been me that just 'didnt get it'!:wonder2:

Now don't be unkind BB - if you too had an IQ equalling your height in inches you'd probably find the fact that it was raining or a leaf was blowing across the road 'hilarious' too! *waggles finger!*

:devil::giggle:

Anyone watching Lola Rose? Jill Franks does my head in at the best of times but how many times has she said amazing in the past hour!!!

Seriously, someone at QVC need to look at expanding the presenters vocab!!

i watched julia during the ToI hour yesterday. hadn't watched for a long time. i was stunned by how many times she used 'actually'. was she emulating Actually Young?

Oh, she gets on my nerves. She's such a crawler and is up there with Catherine Huntley. Her skin is the same colour as her hair, and she reminds me of Iggy Po! :D

Some of the female presenters are so far up the backsides of the shows guests and creators, they almost cant see daylight. Jill and Catherine (how much does she kiss-ass Lulu Guiness?) are the two worst offenders, closely followed by Claire and her nails-down-a-blackboard voice and patronising attitude. The only female presenter I can actually bare watching without wanting to slap them are Alison Keenan and Kathy Tayler. I find all of the male presenters completely fine and I enjoy watching any shows they're on.

I don't mind Jill so much but it does bug me when she says 'bran new' instead of brand new. She does it every time !

She's alright in small doses, but it seems she's becoming a more regular presenter, which isn't a good thing for me, or a lot of others going by the comments I've read in here! :giggle:

I know all the presenters are told to promote different items, but the female presenters are all getting so obvious in their selling that it's making me want to scream. For example, Catherine will be on with her chum Lulu when she'll say, for the 53rd time, that you could get your laptop or notebook it the bags (how many bags and ****** laptops does she own?) or the other day when she was on with Charlie Lapson (how nauseating was the whole show?), she said she has a really great purple Butler & Wilson necklace that'll match great with her (no doubt, free or heavily discounted) bag......... :sleepy:

Oh, I know what you mean!

Pipa was on with that fella and his sweeper in the early hours of this morning and she said amazing a good few times........... also seemed to stretch her words out to create extra excitement - no surprise considering she was help to sell a sweeper! :tongue2:

And now Pippa is at the amazzzzzziiiiiiinnnnnnggggg thing too!!
Well, Jill did say the other day that she and Pipa are good friends in real life and that she was round at her house recently. Maybe that's why Pipa is picking up some of her verbal ticks.

I don't mind Jill so much but it does bug me when she says 'bran new' instead of brand new. She does it every time !

I hate that too. It also irritates me when she always says 'expresso' when presenting Kipling and going through the colours, despite the guest frequently and rather pointedly saying 'Yes, this is espresso', Jiggy Franks never seems to cotton on. Definitely not the sharpest tool in the kit.

Still, with her being on so often it does at least stop me being tempted to buy as I can't watch her.

Latest posts

Back