Jeff spilling the beans......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TheManWithNoName

Registered Shopper
Anyone see Jeff spilling the beans last night?

He said "I'm going to be very candid with you all. There are some things I'm just not allowed to bring to you. We ask for them - but we're told we can't have them on this show. There are certain items that we can only sell if they're on with Dave Troth or Toby Cavill".

He said "I used to be able to bring you Jade shows, but these days, I'm not allowed. I can only do Jade shows with Dave Troth - and he's not been on at this time for about 4 years now. He has to sleep sometime, so he no longer comes on this late".

This made me suspect that someone on this forum was right a while ago that Dave Troth and the Cavills 'rent' airtime to flog stones that they've sourced - with Gemporia probably getting a nice cut from each sale. Maybe this explains why things are FAR too expensive - to cover the overheads of those hours and 'splits' of the profits?

To the best of my knowledge, Debbie Cavill doesn't work for Gemporia - so I would imagine that the only reason she gets to go on TV selling the 'Cavill & Co' range is because she buys airtime too?

IF this is the case, it's a win-win for everyone I guess - the 'guests' get to flog their stuff, and Gemporia get to fill airtime without needing to have their own stock for those shows.

It probably also explains the reason for Troth constantly being on-air, despite all the complaints online about him always being on, being boring, etc.

Latest posts

Back