It's nice to dream...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That ring is hugely expensive! Have you ever looked at Gemporia? They do lovely tanzanite rings at a fraction of the price, but buy from the live auctions as this is nearly always far cheaper than the web shop. Also The Jewellery Channel may be worth a look, although their tanzanite has increased in price a lot lately. I really do think QVC's tanzanite prices are ridiculous.

If I won the Euro Millions I would go to a real high end jewellers for something like this. We have two in Belfast Lunns and Fredericks both do the unusual fabulous gems, such as real untreated pink diamonds(strangely they are actually a pale peach/pink rather that true baby pink as I thought), all the other colours of diamonds and sapphires etc.

Emeralds are my thing so think i might get a specially designed piece (probably a ring?) if money was no object. Obviously a generous sprinkle of diamonds to enhance it! Dream on right!!!

That ring is hugely expensive! Have you ever looked at Gemporia? They do lovely tanzanite rings at a fraction of the price, but buy from the live auctions as this is nearly always far cheaper than the web shop. Also The Jewellery Channel may be worth a look, although their tanzanite has increased in price a lot lately. I really do think QVC's tanzanite prices are ridiculous.

I have ordered from gemporia and was hugely disappointed! It was nothing like it was on the TV... I agree though, Q's prices are high.

I must be 'odd' because jewellery does nothing for me, especially rings. I hate wearing them and don't even wear my wedding band any more. I quite like silver stuff if it's understated but generally buy costume jewellery if I want something a bit different (rarely buy anything now).

My lottery win buy could be a number of things but I've always wanted one of those 'proper' espresso machines with an eagle on top, plus the space to house it :happy:

My local independent jeweller has some gorgeous rings and will always knock off at least 25% if asked nicely. He has the most gorgeous tanzanite and diamond ring in the window for £3000 at the mo. Oh, and a red spinel and diamond. And an antique diamond...

Oh, yes. If only I could win the lottery. I think half his stock would end up in my jewellery box. It helps that I trust him as he's been in business since before I became interested in shiny, pretty stuff. My mum used to buy there and she's been gone 21 years. Whenever I pop in (even just for a nose) he always offers to clean and check anything I have on, bought from him or not. You never get that service from the telly.

I love going into a jewellers so if money were no object I'd browse on the dreaded high street and enjoy being schmoozed. Once jewellers know you're a serious buyer they treat their customers so well, it's part of the whole experience.

I'd also buy the Guerlain Orchidee range (with similar schmoozing at that counter too!). I tested the cream for the Beauty Bible and it was just beautiful to use (currently £275!!).

Latest posts

Back