It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It’s making Shop Extra look award winnig
I cannot for the life of me understand why they wanted to bring the name back. It’s toxic to me now. I wouldn’t shop with it for that very reason alone. A different name, set of values and group of presenters would have been the way forward. Not Simon and Jacks and their tired acts..Hodgson, Marshall and Lyndsay would have been better choices if they had to do it with an IW connection but a less tainted one.

Mmmm.... so Ideal World is back ?!?!
So far selling the same products with the same item numbers that are also available on tjc. Peter Simon, who I'm sure was on tjc yesterday, now apparently an ideal World presenter again. Sally Jacks repeatedly saying " new ideal world" , though co hosting with a tjc presenter and selling something available on tjc ?
Can't really see the point of a company having 2 channels selling the same stuff with interchangeable presenters ?

Nothing changes, once a shyster always a shyster.

Peter Simon selling 16 piece Portmeirion Studio Torn dinner set £37.99.

Peter asks what was the normal price of these, reply he says was £186 from Portmeirion. Some more polava and suddenly shocked mugs are included, he didn't believe the price inculding the mugs, and reminds viewers it's near £200 from Portmeirion.

Of course in the real world they're £42.50 buying direct from Portmeirion & £39.99 when TJC sell them, and there was someone on ebay selling it for £28.99 but now sold out.

Mmmm.... so Ideal World is back ?!?!
So far selling the same products with the same item numbers that are also available on tjc. Peter Simon, who I'm sure was on tjc yesterday, now apparently an ideal World presenter again. Sally Jacks repeatedly saying " new ideal world" , though co hosting with a tjc presenter and selling something available on tjc ?
Can't really see the point of a company having 2 channels selling the same stuff with interchangeable presenters ?

Unless, as the channel finds it's feet, TJC will slowly change to concentrating more on the Jewellery side & beauty side and the IW channel will concentrate more on the more general items.:unsure:

I expect more arrivals soon bouncing bunny and someone else off a market stall.
Bunny on a free transfer from shop extra!
The market trader has been out for a few weeks,but now back into full BS training after a signing on fee agreed tjc🤭
Den and Creepy and his moll P45 time🤣

Yes I agree Hammy60, maybe tjc back to " the jewellery channel" with beauty and iw homewares & fashion would make more sense, certainly a differentiation is needed.
Though in an " ideal world" pun intended, a fresh start for iw with different ( or just the decent, non shouty, pushy & fibbing) presenters and a new logo might have been wise after it's very public demise. With certain presenters selling right up until they came off air knowing customers would never receive their items to now back on screen for the " same" named company is not a great start imho

Peter Simon is flogging a mattress topper. It took him about 8 minutes of patter about 'replace your mattress, buy a new mattress' etc to actually realise it is a topper not a mattress… So now it's all 'don't buy a new mattress, upgrade your existing one'… 🤦🏻‍♂️

Screenshot 2023-09-29 at 13.52.03.jpg

Anyway, the price is so low apparently and the product so phenomenal that he's expecting hotel chains to come in and scoop up the lot. He's also going to get one himself (didn't fancy buying one of those "best night sleep" mattresses you were flogging on old IW, Peter? No? Hmm).

Edit: you'd think they could shove a few bits of tat from the TJC warehouse in that display cabinet behind him, make it look a bit more homely.

Shona pops up with a Bag, Regular Price £156.99, Ideal,World Price £14.99 how

But they want £7 postage

Saw the postage. They only wanted £2.99 P+P per order for the double-size mattress topper - which even rolled up is gonna be a fair size - but for an A4-size handbag (which looks so flimsy you'd walk past it in a Primark clearance bin without giving it a second glance) they want £6.99 per order!

What a carry on.

All the old dears on the IW Facebook page are absolutely over the moon to news of the channel returning, most talking about how excited they are their favourite shows, presenters, and products (Gen, friday fashion, and bengalines were mentioned by loads) are returning

What a shock they're in for!

Amusingly a few of the hidden comments were along the lines of "so glad IW is coming back, all other shopping channels are rubbish, especially that TJC…" 😂

Nothing changes, once a shyster always a shyster.

Peter Simon selling 16 piece Portmeirion Studio Torn dinner set £37.99.

Peter asks what was the normal price of these, reply he says was £186 from Portmeirion. Some more polava and suddenly shocked mugs are included, he didn't believe the price inculding the mugs, and reminds viewers it's near £200 from Portmeirion.

Of course in the real world they're £42.50 buying direct from Portmeirion & £39.99 when TJC sell them, and there was someone on ebay selling it for £28.99 but now sold out.
And so it begins.....

Looks cheap and plasticy
So far everything I’ve seen is already being sold on the TJC web site This isn’t so far a return of Ideal world, it’s just TJC broadcasting on another channel with a different logo.
i think anyone who was hoping for the return of products they liked on Ideal is going to be severely disappointed

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back