It's coming back!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

All the old dears on the IW Facebook page are absolutely over the moon to news of the channel returning
It would be interesting to know what the viewer demographic mix is for these channels. I caught a TJC video clip of customers saying how great it is, most of them were ladies of a certain age.

Enjoy it while it lasts selly telly land, cause these folk aren't going to be around forever, falling for the guff etc etc.

And so it begins.....
What's weird about their underhand selling techniques is they use them on virtually every product. So if they're hoping to retain viewers/customers, do they not realise viewers are seeing the same shtick time and time again? Maybe some of the old dears enjoy watching the repetitive guff, whatever floats your boat I suppose. Look, on a serious note, if someone sitting at home genuinely enjoys watching these channels, fair play to them. Who are we to judge etc. However, all I hope is they see through the underhand stuff.

A bit like people who enjoy watching 'professional' wrestling. It's fine if you enjoy it, however I'd be slightly concerned if you thought it was real!

It would be interesting to know what the viewer demographic mix is for these channels. I caught a TJC video clip of customers saying how great it is, most of them were ladies of a certain age.

Enjoy it while it lasts selly telly land, cause these folk aren't going to be around forever, falling for the guff etc etc.
Maybe those ladies were being paid

We’re going back to about 2004 now with an electronic writing pad. One of the cheapest, nastiest pieces of 1990s’ technology I’ve seen in nearly 20 years since I last saw it. The world is full of people these days using their cheap and nasty electronic writing pads, isn’t it? Makes the original new original and new new original Ideal World seem like Harrods. Next Windows 3.1 PCs…

Peter Simon is flogging a mattress topper. It took him about 8 minutes of patter about 'replace your mattress, buy a new mattress' etc to actually realise it is a topper not a mattress… So now it's all 'don't buy a new mattress, upgrade your existing one'… 🤦🏻‍♂️

View attachment 26626

Anyway, the price is so low apparently and the product so phenomenal that he's expecting hotel chains to come in and scoop up the lot. He's also going to get one himself (didn't fancy buying one of those "best night sleep" mattresses you were flogging on old IW, Peter? No? Hmm).

Edit: you'd think they could shove a few bits of tat from the TJC warehouse in that display cabinet behind him, make it look a bit more homely.

Just wait till he gets his first Mattress show, have a feelin that advice will change rapidly. ;):ROFLMAO:

Shona pops up with a Bag, Regular Price £156.99, Ideal,World Price £14.99 how

But they want £7 postage

It was a cheap polyurethane bag. Don't know where they got £156 from, even the brand's web site has it about £20 and everywhere else was around the price on the show.

Bad enough with the inflated RRPs from Brands, but now it's just ridiculously high regular price figures which they must just be plucking out of thin air.

Last edited:
Saw the postage. They only wanted £2.99 P+P per order for the double-size mattress topper - which even rolled up is gonna be a fair size - but for an A4-size handbag (which looks so flimsy you'd walk past it in a Primark clearance bin without giving it a second glance) they want £6.99 per order!

What a carry on.

All the old dears on the IW Facebook page are absolutely over the moon to news of the channel returning, most talking about how excited they are their favourite shows, presenters, and products (Gen, friday fashion, and bengalines were mentioned by loads) are returning

What a shock they're in for!

Amusingly a few of the hidden comments were along the lines of "so glad IW is coming back, all other shopping channels are rubbish, especially that TJC…" 😂

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tell ya, a lot of selly telly viewers are brain dead.

It was a cheap polyurathane bag. Don't no where they got £156 from, even the brand's web site has it about £20 and everywhere else was around the price on the show.

Bad enough with the inflated RRPs from Brands, but now it's just ridiculously high regular price figures which they must just be plucking out of thin air.
I thought £14.99 yeah not bad, until I noticed there normal price and thought seriously

We’re going back to about 2004 now with an electronic writing pad. One of the cheapest, nastiest pieces of 1990s’ technology I’ve seen in nearly 20 years since I last saw it. The world is full of people these days using their cheap and nasty electronic writing pads, isn’t it? Makes the original new original and new new original Ideal World seem like Harrods. Next Windows 3.1 PCs…
I hopped on to the YT feed and scrolled back a bit to see this. Shona exclaims they're selling this product at a RIDICULOUS price! I agree, at £9.99 you're taking the p... Unbranded pads like this can be had for a fiver ;)

Don’t you mean DOS

Shona is selling a bag, crappy looking one, ooh this would be good for a teenager, on a night out or to take to school or college, give it them at Christmas, put a Tangerine and a pair of socks in it.

My teenage relative would think Emma what have you bought me this **** for

Latest posts

Back