It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well .......... this is a first for my school! I've just had a text to say that we're shut tomorrow "due to the weather conditions and site safety." And with more snow due tomorrow, according to the weather map, who knows what will happen on Tuesday. Another lie in hopefully. :wink:

:mysmilie_866:
Out with the Slanket
:mysmilie_844::mysmilie_844::mysmilie_844:

I think its very gruesome, gave up watching it. Apparently the blonde in it, cant remember her name is dating Marco Pierre :) the chef

ours must have come overnight..another couple of inches and warnings out for Notts, Leics & Lincs today - bliss & joy eh!

No new snow over night here.

21 has to leave shortly to sit the exam that was postponed on Friday

Hope it all goes well for her minim . fingers crossed.

No new snow here but very icy.

Arrgghh, getting fed up of this namby pamby attitude to 'snow' now - DD has just sat for half an hour on a ruddy bus to go to college (no-one on reception 'til after 8am), 'phone college at 8am to be told it is closed.....WTF, the roads are completely clear in town & DD has just travelled from a small village where the roads are also, err, yeah that's right, completely clear......'phone DD who is still on bus to tell her not to bother getting off but to just turn round & travel all the bl**dy way back again......unbelieveable!!!
:headbang:

Good luck to 21 Minim. What a pain KWC! Mondays are always difficult for making those decisions about closing. Perhaps the site hasn't been cleared. The Reception staff will only be on duty during normal peak times for the office.I used to ring my site manager at 6 am to get an on the ground report before taking a decision.

my two went about 7.45, just hope we don't have to wait as long for DD tonight as we did on Friday! Our estate is bad - doesn't get gritted and every road out is uphill. I'm staying put!

Its hard to believe we're a developed country isn't it . Totally unprepared for anything that falls outside the norm of grey and dreary.

Give it a few months and we'll have a hosepipe ban because it hasn't rained for 2 weeks.

my two went about 7.45, just hope we don't have to wait as long for DD tonight as we did on Friday! Our estate is bad - doesn't get gritted and every road out is uphill. I'm staying put!

That's the galling thing BM, the side roads & pavements are absolutely lethal, thick snow & ice everywhere, so her dad walked her up to the bus stop, so she'd hobbled tentatively down there for nothing! Yet in town, where it's clear, they're all apparently too lazy to get a snow shovel out & clear a path from pavement to front door or something, gah! (And yes, I've shovellled plenty of snow in my time, bl**dy tons of it I should think, sometimes several feet deep, so I do realise you have to make some kind of effort to do that!) No way are they 'snowed in' & if we can travel from our village, anybody else round here could get in as well, if they can't/don't want to drive, they could get on a bus! It's pathetic & infuriating! :angry:

it surely is KWC.....years back my sis and I lived further out than we do now but we were the two who always turned up at work unless there was 6 feet of snow stopping us! sorry your DD had a wasted journey - OH dropped ours off in his trusty old van but she'll have to bus it home.

Its hard to believe we're a developed country isn't it . Totally unprepared for anything that falls outside the norm of grey and dreary.

Give it a few months and we'll have a hosepipe ban because it hasn't rained for 2 weeks.

betcha boots LEL it will have been the wrong sort of snow to top up the reservoirs!

I was living in Essex as a teenager and can remember the snow in 1963. It lasted from about december to march. Snow drifts everywhere but I'm sure the country didn't grind to a halt. We just walked everywhere. I didn't drive then but can clearly remember still going to school - about 5 miles away - So by todays standards we are all a load of whimps!

Latest posts

Back