It Works Cleaning Blocks TSV 05/01/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't belive Q are still selling these as you can now buy them from every £ shop and supermarket, so although Q might once have had exclusivity on them they don't any more.
Also you can save enough on the P&P to buy enough blocks to last until this time next year, so who ever is demonstrating is to my mind flogging a DEAD HORSE.

I can't belive Q are still selling these as you can now buy them from every £ shop and supermarket, so although Q might once have had exclusivity on them they don't any more.
Also you can save enough on the P&P to buy enough blocks to last until this time next year, so who ever is demonstrating is to my mind flogging a DEAD HORSE.

I love these, they are brilliant.
Didn't know they were available in pound shops though, thanks.

I bought a set of these the last time they were a TSV, opened the box and set to work on the ground-in mould on my bathroom grouting - and they did absolutely nothing. So they sat unusued and unloved in their box for months.

Then a few weeks ago I decided to try again, this time on my slightly-dull looking kitchen sink, and I was very impressed. Brought it up like new and without having to use any chemicals. I've since discovered they're great for cleaning out tea stains from cups, greasy marks off stainless steel surfaces, and fingermarks from the fridge door. So I think I've been won over, although they really don't last long, especially the smaller sizes.

Anyway, I'll be watching tonight, as Mr It Works scrubs away at crayon marks on a tile - a handy demonstration, I suppose, if you're a bit clumsy when you're colouring-in in the shower.

I think they work out expensive from poundshops. I buy mine via ebay or amazon in bulk and they work out dirt cheap - admittedly they usually arrive from somewhere in Asia and can take a couple of weeks which is why I buy in bulk. They are great on white trainers, door frames, paintwork ,the hob, the car- I use at least one a day, using it on various jobs until it disintegrates. I like the idea of the handle on this TSV set hut I'm too stingy to buy just for that, when I think of how many blocks I could get from my usual supplier, even for just the p&p qvc charge!

I've bought the set because I like the idea of the hand grip - although you only get a few pads that fit the grip but I want to give it a try for cleaning sinks and larger surfaces.

yep they work
but as madmax says
you can get those anywhere now
i pay £1 for a pack of 4 medium sized ones at my local market stall
and the pound shop has them too
i have not had a need to bulk buy on ebay so far
as i can get them so easily and cheaply, and as i need them
but would also look there if they became less available ....

I have had them in the past, and imo the only thing they were any good for was cleaning my crockery...they just crumble if you try cleaning woodwork, chocolate frying pan comes to mind....lol

I have used them for getting marks off door frames and vinyl floor tiles and they work very well. I tried them on bathroom wall tiles but they left horrible streaky marks. Not bad on my sinks though.

I am sure they are slightly abrasive, so they may dull gloss paint on doors, cars, etc

I would tend to agree and I wouldn't use them on my car. I've just spoken to my nephew as I gave some to him. He used one on his living room wall - his 4 year old son decided to have a go at a bit of a mural. It got the crayon off and also removed the emulsion paint, leaving horrible black marks. His job, now he's taken the Christmas decorations down, is to repaint the wall.

They do have abrasive action - I used one (admittedly not bought from Q) on some paintwork, and it took some of the paint off the area where I'd used it. There's no way I would have used one on a car's paintwork.
I am sure they are slightly abrasive, so they may dull gloss paint on doors, cars, etc

I would tend to agree and I wouldn't use them on my car. I've just spoken to my nephew as I gave some to him. He used one on his living room wall - his 4 year old son decided to have a go at a bit of a mural. It got the crayon off and also removed the emulsion paint, leaving horrible black marks. His job, now he's taken the Christmas decorations down, is to repaint the wall.

Yes, there was a mark on my living room wall and whilst the block removed the mark it did almost take the outer layer of paint away and left a grey smudge.

I remain unimpressed with these things, every so often I give them a go but they're never as good as chemical cleaners for the bathroom and kitchen. Cillet Bang all the way!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back