IT Cosmetics, and Ali Young looking like it's worst-ever advert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

maymorganlondon

Registered Shopper
Oh dear... just turned over to see the second half of the IT Cosmetics hour, with AY.

I quite like her slightly toned-down hair colour, but then face makeup is just about the worst I've seen for a while. Her entire face has a silvery-tinge to it, calmed down only where she's put the blusher... and none of it looking attractive against the aqua-coloured top she is wearing.

Actually, most of the paler-skined models look rather ghastly/ghostly in this, but their younger and healthier skin saves them somewhat. One of the model's eyes look bruised in the after picture... she looks like she hasn't slept for a week.

Watching this and seeing the before and after of the models on the current product (a cheek stain) would convince me to never go near this brand.

I do like Ali, but her make-up on every show nowadays is consistently awful and does her absolutely no favours... I realise she has a number of age-related issues (the same puffy under eye bags Julia Roberts now also suffers from) but she has not mastered the art of detracting from these. Any makeup artistry skills she may have are not being applied to her own face with any effectiveness for disguising or minimising her issues.

Just had a look, and I've got to agree (except for liking the pretend "qualified" beauty presenter) but oh my word! who's the giant in the skin tight dress? what a sight! I've only lasted a few seconds because the speed of talking is giving me palpitations, but what I wonder is, who are the other foundations that AY is slagging off I wonder? Tarte? bareMinerals? Laura Gellar? who knows maybe all of them, but QVC customers know she'll be using the same spiel for Tarte, bareMinerals, Laura Gellar.

Just adding that the iT brow pencil looks and works exactly the same as the New CID one, naughty naughty iT Cosmetics. tut! tut! :mysmilie_865:

I agree AY`s makeup looked awful and sorry to say it but there was something kind of masculine looking about the guest. Nothing I`ve seen in the demos would entice me to try the brand.

Have they actually started selling the proper foundation on QVC UK yet, or is it the oh can use the concealer all over?

That's the thing one brand will come out with a product and next they all have their own version of the same product. IT Cosmetics have recently been bought out by I believe its L'Oreal or maybe one of the other ones. So expect to see it on your local high street shortly.

I was at lunch with Jabba and another friend last month, we went to a very large M&S having a wander round the cosmetic department. Loads of QVC brands there, Jabba commented she thought brands went to QVC to get a launch onto the market and boost sales in the beginning. Then they just up and move to high street and online with retailers.

Ah AY, so the tin man has returned.

We never see the beauty expert actually making a face up... very rarely but I have to say she doesn`t come across as an expert at all with how she applies it and the end result .. not that I`ve seen it that often!! Also sure I`ve heard her say she has clients where she does this .... baffling!!

AY has gone a bit OTT with the blusher on tonight's programme. Don't they have mirrors in their dressing rooms.

To be honest, AY has arrived at the time of her life, where make up can only do so much

There was a time that Alison completely was against any injectable enhancement, and would frequently taunt the models "oh that's a nice nose.. is that your nose"?? "have you had filler or are those cheeks real??"

I notice since those teasing days, the last laugh is on the models! AY has recently given in to injectables, by 'investing' in botox -- Yes Miss AY! Admit it!

There is no under eye make up on the planet that will now conceal her shadows - not only caused by tiredness, but over 50, she has 'tear troughs' or rings, and would only be corrected by Belotero® hyaluronic acid filler, which is a nice smooth filler especially good for under eye thin skin, or in the extreme Lower Blepharoplasty, which can be performed via Laser, as a day surgery. (JR would also be a great candidate)

I notice AY is a huge fan of highlighter, but tends to enjoy plummy based shades, in the wrong light can look like she has facial bruises

I find when she is with Mally, Mally tends to make AY up well.. with Mally gone, its back to the demi-goth look
Guess AY should not have scoffed at any facial tweaks the models have had .. she now must be eating her words.

to sum up.. we all have our flaws, but as a beauty expert, with free products on tap over 20 years, I would expect AY to look good for her age.

Has AY admitted to botox? JR was on the other day and read a tweet which said how can she and AY flog skincare when it is so obvious they have had botox and fillers. She said on her kids lives she has never ever had botox or fillers and does not intend too.

I dont think AY would admit to anything! I would say botox in one area (the frown area - glabella) or possibly two areas, but no where near the five areas the botox addicts have (complete freeze) .. so its 'has she or hasn't she' subtle - like that old hairspray advert!

A friend gets botox, she works in a large department store and one of the salons there do it. She gets a great discount as she works there and only gets the small amount sold. Now I was really surprised when she said she gets it as her forehead etc all move. Does it twice a year on the two lines which come down from the forehead between the eyes the elevens(they annoy her), the rest of the botox used round her eyes.

So it can be done very and still look natural and your face move.

mragerine bogeyman has had a good facelift. always looks far better if done properly than awful fillers. i know its more expensive and more invasive but aesthetically much nicer

mragerine bogeyman has had a good facelift. always looks far better if done properly than awful fillers. i know its more expensive and more invasive but aesthetically much nicer

And new teeth, looks like she has had her bottom ones done this trip.

she looks fab 100% better. she must have paid a bit but fillers look cheap and tacky good on you

I agree AY looks awful he face looks mega caked with that stuff and either AY is a midget or the she/he ???? at her side is huge in the mega tight dress 15.jpg a quick pic before they both went on air ha ha!!! the other lady looked lovely but don't know what happened to AY makeup and her guest come on ally sort yourself out you have all the gear to do it more than most !!

Latest posts

Back