Is this the most expensive thing on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If I had that sort of money to spend on a ring I wouldn't spend it on a shopping channel. I would want to go to a very good jeweller and enjoy the day, not sit at home and wait for the postman.

Oh yes, Christmas, when it can be taken as a dinner party pressy, instead of the usual bottle of wine, flowers, or heaven forbid a Yankee candle !!!!!!

Just as an aside but Yankee candles suck completely!! I have been dying to smell some as the names make them sound so delightful, then my local expensive shop as I like to call it, got them in!!! I rushed in, credit card in a panic as it knew what was coming, smelled them all and they were utter rubbish!!!! I will never buy one now, nor even watch the shows, what a complete load of carp :(( ........is dissapointed.

Just as an aside but Yankee candles suck completely!! I have been dying to smell some as the names make them sound so delightful, then my local expensive shop as I like to call it, got them in!!! I rushed in, credit card in a panic as it knew what was coming, smelled them all and they were utter rubbish!!!! I will never buy one now, nor even watch the shows, what a complete load of carp :(( ........is dissapointed.

I take it that you weren't too keen on YC then...........:wink:

Oh yes, Christmas, when it can be taken as a dinner party pressy, instead of the usual bottle of wine, flowers, or heaven forbid a Yankee candle !!!!!!

Table presents ???

(Though personally I've never understood why anyone would buy gifts for a table ....)

Just as I thought. Shopping telly hype ripping shoppers with overpriced tat.

If I spent that much money on something from QVC, I would expect it to arrive in a gold carriage drawn by 4 dappled horses, hand-wrapped in genuine incense-infused Egyptian parchment, and sprinkled liberally with fairy dust by Jennifer Kirk :wink:

I think there must be good profit margins in tanzanite. It's not showing any signs of running low yet is it? For pieces of jewellery that cost thousands why do we hardly ever see a beautiful ceylon sapphire or natural colombian emerald of real quality? Dale didn't help his cause last night by repeating that he thought it must be diamonique! I wouldn't want to spend such a lot of money on something that 'might' be very valuable one day - if the stocks ever do run out.

Can some of you gem buffs please tell me why, if that ring appeared on gems tv, it would have been half the price? Even while qvc's show was on, I saw a aaa tanzanite of around 2.5 carats with diamonds sell for £799. Qvc would have put a 2 in front of that. Are gems tv premium stones inferior then? I've often wondered.

I think there must be good profit margins in tanzanite. It's not showing any signs of running low yet is it? For pieces of jewellery that cost thousands why do we hardly ever see a beautiful ceylon sapphire or natural colombian emerald of real quality? Dale didn't help his cause last night by repeating that he thought it must be diamonique! I wouldn't want to spend such a lot of money on something that 'might' be very valuable one day - if the stocks ever do run out.

Can some of you gem buffs please tell me why, if that ring appeared on gems tv, it would have been half the price? Even while qvc's show was on, I saw a aaa tanzanite of around 2.5 carats with diamonds sell for £799. Qvc would have put a 2 in front of that. Are gems tv premium stones inferior then? I've often wondered.

Is Gems TV the one that produce the rings for themselves and are involved in all the production? If that would make them a lot cheaper as they don't have the markup from the producer to the seller that QVC have.

Is this the one Julia keeps flashing tonight? Saying it's on her Hong Kong show tomorrow night and the most expensive ring they have ever brought to QVC? Or is the one she is flashing evern more?

Imagine coming in from the shopping trip to Lidl and finding that the stone has dropped out!

In days gone by when I had a bit more cash around I bought tanzanite from GemsTv, QVC and my local jeweller. I wasn't terribly impressed with the QVC quality. As was said Gems don't have the same number of middlemen so the prices are lower and like QVC they have a 30 day mbg.

Is this the one Julia keeps flashing tonight? Saying it's on her Hong Kong show tomorrow night and the most expensive ring they have ever brought to QVC? Or is the one she is flashing evern more?

I saw Julia wearing the ring during the cookie show. When Dale presented it I think there were about 5 sizes available - maybe L to P - but he also said that if you weren't one of those sizes then they would make the ring to your size. I'm guessing that they perhaps only have about 5 rocks available and would accommodate any order. Wonder if any have sold yet. Doubtful. Maybe one of the female presenters will have more luck. Dale seemed stuck in his usual 'look at this - lovely just lovely' groove. Perhaps a bit more drooling and swooning will get it shifted. It's certainly quite a piece, but has quite a price tag too. Apart from anything else, tanzanite is not a particularly hard stone and if I felt the need for some I would go for earrings or a pendant. I don't like the way they say it would make a good engagement ring. Too delicate.

Saw Julia on the Hong Kong show and declaring that she was amazed because someone placed an order for one..and not during an 'on air' show.

I have never seen a presenter express surprise that someone had bought a product before! [exceptional circumstance, I know!]

Actually, it was me and is wasn't just one, it was for 4

I shall have two made into earrings and one converted to a pendant. There's the Christmas office party and a murder mystery night at the village hall coming up soon, I like to have something new to show off each year. I don't think it will look over the top but if it does I won’t wear a watch.

The CEO rang just after I ordered as I complained about the £20 P&P. He is going to deliver them personally and I will get four bunches of flowers – that better be the case otherwise he will get a bunch of fives!

:flower::flower::flower::flower::muscle:

Latest posts

Back