Is this "on trend" ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've noticed a few female presenters are wearing black opaque tights with coloured shoes (e.g. red, blue) and sleeveless dresses/tops. It seems an odd combination to me - a sleeveless dress is either a summer or evening outfit, neither of which would be worn with those tights. I associate the tights with winter skirts & knitwear, sleeved blouses and boots.

I guess I'm just out of fashion, being a woman of age (55) :taphead::taphead:

I've noticed a few female presenters are wearing black opaque tights with coloured shoes (e.g. red, blue) and sleeveless dresses/tops. It seems an odd combination to me - a sleeveless dress is either a summer or evening outfit, neither of which would be worn with those tights. I associate the tights with winter skirts & knitwear, sleeved blouses and boots.

I guess I'm just out of fashion, being a woman of age (55) :taphead::taphead:

Hmmmmm I've noticed it too ! personally I dont think its a good look on anyone above the age of 19. And I dont think it adds to the attraction of the dress they are trying to flog. Also in my futile opinion, I would never wear knee length boots with a sparkly evening dress. But then, I'm not a fan of the clumpy black strappy shoe boots with evening wear either.

Years ago you would NEVER EVER wear black or dark tights with anything other than black/navy shoes -and as for wearing WHITE shoes, OMG !

Could you EVER imagine Audrey Hepburn, Jackie O or Grace Kelly doing such a thing - yet most of these "fashionistas" pronounce these elegant ladies as their fashion icons ! Something wrong somewhere, so I must be out of fashion tooo !

Years ago you would NEVER EVER wear black or dark tights with anything other than black/navy shoes -and as for wearing WHITE shoes, OMG !

I believe it is a new fashion statement but it looks like an old mistake to me...

I always think black tights with paler coloured shoes looks very "Minnie Mouse"!

Minnie_Mouse_BG24011.jpg

I always wear black or rarely coloured tights, and most of my tights are quite opaque. I don't really see it as anything trendy, it just comes down to what you like on yourself.

I used to love black opaque tights (in the days when I could actually put them on - these days I'm reduced to those knee high flight socks!) - in my teens me & my pals all used to wear those diamond patterned tights and they seem to be back in vogue at the moment - daughter bought herself some in black recently to wear with a mini skirt and black Ugg-type boots....I've not seen her legs in years, she's always in trousers, but she has legs that should be on the front of a pack of tights, makes you sick..she definitely doesn't get those from my side, we're all more short & dumpy of both body & leg...she, her half sister and her father are all built like racing snakes and I'm built more along the lines of a Sherman tank! But I have to say, I still love the tights...not quite sure about wearing them with coloured shoes...think I'd sooner see red tights with black shoes than black tights with red shoes, kind of thing...

The kind of style you see in the back streets of Blackpool late at night/early hours of the morning. Enough said I think.

Latest posts

Back