Is this a record?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Itchy

Registered Shopper
On 5th December, my latest purchase was despatched from QVC. At 4.30 today, 4th January it arrived! Admittedly it was a reasonably sized box from locky tan, but not massive like a computer or tv. We have all had brutal weather I know, but it seems to have taken ages to get here. Can anyone tell me if they have waited longer?

You've given me hope that an order i placed which was dispatched on 9th December may yet arrive. It was coming by RM and is only eyeliners so dont know why so long so shouldnt have been a great hardship.

I havent given up hope yet!!

Got an email on 22 December saying "Get ready, make a space for them, your parcel(s) are coming!". When??? If it doesn't come tomorrow then I might give customer services a ring, even though I know exactly what they'll say. "We'll send you a non-delivery form and when we receive the completed form, we'll refund your money". Oh thanks very much but what I would really like is my Gatineau Defilift lipcare duo which I bought for a one time only price of 25 quid. "Sorry but that item is no longer in stock." Wonderful!!

I ordered something from Mally on 6th December, and by 28th December it hadn't arrived, so phoned CS who sent me a "lost in transit" form to complete. I agreed to wait until the New Year to see if it would turn up, and lo and behold, it arrived on 31st December.

I think Royal Mail stockpiled a whole load of post when the weather was bad, and then were delivering more recent stuff while they worked through the backlog, if that makes sense?

There seems no rhyme or reason to when (or if) purchases will turn up, but you seem to hold the current record for the delivery of errant packages, Itchy.

Something that I ordered was despatched on 23rd December and is presumably still 'en route' as it's not arrived yet, but an item that was ordered 4 days later was delivered this morning. One that was despatched on the same day as that one isn't here yet either. I'm assuming they're stockpiled somewhere in a Post Office sorting office or are just admiring the scenery somewhere in the British Isles, having taken the scenic route.

Thankfully, my New Year's Resolution is to order a maximum of 1 item a month from QVC and that'll be mainly re-orders ...... so if the 2 items that are apparently on their way don't turn up then I'll just request a refund.

Isn't shopping exciting? :giggle:

This is very sad but I ordered on-line from 4 sites over Christmas (I locked myself away in the downstairs toilet for a break from the rellies for an hour, took my wi-fi netbook with me !).

3 items arrived by last Thurs, i.e. the 2nd working day. The QVC parcel is nowhere to be seen yet.

I ordered from Leighton Denny's site on 30th November and still haven't received my order... ! They are going to re send my parcel as it seems it's been lost in the post!

Well I think I could win this one! I am still waiting for delivery of l'Occitane 8 handcream set, which I wanted to divide up for Christmas table presents. Anyhoo it was shipped on 15/11, yes that was November.... I have sent an e-mail to QVC Customer Care about three days ago and have still not heard a thing!
Needless to say, it is now out of stock..It would be nice if they would offer you a similar product instead of having you fill out a non delivery form etc etc...

By the way, is there a prize for winning the competition?? Hee Hee!! 8-D

My New Years resolution is to order less from QVC because of their rubbish delivery service. I ordered numerous items before, during and after Xmas, all of which have been delivered apart from the QVC one which is coming up on three weeks now, and cost me £6 delivery for the privilege !!! I have had other items last year take weeks and my Decleor TSV never arrived and they had to refund me. CS steer between really helpful and 'well what do you want me to do about it?' - yes he actually said that!!

There's hope for QVC yet :thinking: My overdue parcel had arrived when I got back from work today, so I'm hopeful that the one that I ordered after Christmas may also appear soon.

I hope that all of those of you who have outstanding orders that have gone on 'walkabout' also have a satisfactory outcome. Now I suppose we just sit and wait for the next snowfall to create more havoc to their 5-7 working day delivery 'promise.'

Got an email on 22 December saying "Get ready, make a space for them, your parcel(s) are coming!". When??? If it doesn't come tomorrow then I might give customer services a ring, even though I know exactly what they'll say. "We'll send you a non-delivery form and when we receive the completed form, we'll refund your money". Oh thanks very much but what I would really like is my Gatineau Defilift lipcare duo which I bought for a one time only price of 25 quid. "Sorry but that item is no longer in stock." Wonderful!!

Yes you've guessed it, no sign of it today so I phoned CS and they said give it a bit longer and if it doesn't arrive then call us back. Zzzzzzzzzz.

Latest posts

Back