Is the one-shoulder love affair over Jill?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
Hope so!

She looks quite nice in this.

image.jpg

Yes she does BB, poor love looks a bit tired tho. I don't know if she's lost additional weight recently but her wrinkles around her eyes look quite pronounced. Praps it's just tiredness, but at her age my mum's skin was fab & she only used ponds cold cream & lanolin! Oh yeh & olive oil and/or lard as a tanning agent in the sun, no factor worries in those days and she is fair skinned lol! :nod:

Last edited:
Mmm perhaps it is. Think I'm going to flick over to cheaters or some other quality programme as I find her hard to listen to be she in a one or two shoulder top.

Yes, she looks very nice. Hope she has ditched the one - sleeved look for good as it really doesn't suit her. Wish she would also go back to a full fringe as I find her eyebrows very scary.

Yes she does BB, poor love looks a bit tired tho. I don't know if she's lost additional weight recently but her wrinkles around her eyes look quite pronounced. Praps it's just tiredness, but at her age my mum's skin was fab & she only used ponds cold cream & lanolin! Oh yeh & olive oil and/or lard as a tanning agent in the sun, no factor worries in those days and she is fair skinned lol! :nod:

My mum used pure coconut oil from the chemist. She used to smell fab after an afternoon in the garden. AY would have a seizure.

My mum used pure coconut oil from the chemist. She used to smell fab after an afternoon in the garden. AY would have a seizure.
My mum spelt like the chip pan lol! Especially when she added vinegar or lemon juice to her "tanning regime" for that extra ooomph!
I was the sensible one tho' I used factor 2 oil :nod::wink:

Piz Buin factor 2. Tenerife. Oh how I burned!
Glad I wasn't the only one! I remember that unfortunate incident in my life too! Factor 2 plus tan accelerator gel in Florida... in July lol!
In those days we really didn't know what we were doing did we. Ali Y has sorted us out in our skin tanning knowlege since along with a raft of medical reports :cool:

Last edited:
Whenever anyone mentions skin cancer and how the skin "remembers" sun damage, I think of the Tenerife incident, but also my first ever exposure to sun aged about 8 on the isle of wight. Another child said to me "you've got all bubbles on your shoulders".....

My OH got really bad wind burn on the top of his (bald) head as he wouldn't wear sunscreen. When he raised his eyebrows the skin cracked like crazy paving- horrible. He learnt his lesson the hard way.

Ahh Burlz, well were all factored up now & I don't know about you but amazingly my skin doesn't seem to have suffered any long term effects. Just lucky I guess, as I shudder to recall what I put it through growing up.

I think the whole Once A Day thing will come home to roost eventually. Last year i was in Portugal and used Ultrasun on my face. Stayed out longer than planned and although a burn never came out there was a very strong tingle under my skin. Just like you feel when you do burn but without it actually happening. It was very odd.

Expect trouble in about ten years...

Maybe JF has tan lines she is trying to cover.........or maybe Adina from Gems has nicked all her one shoulder numbers!!! :grin:

Piz Buin factor 2. Tenerife. Oh how I burned!

Bergasol factor 2. Tunisia. Oh how I burned too - passed out with heatstroke but couldn't prise my eyes apart as they were so swollen!

Great tan a few days later......

i spent my 20s using oil as i'm olive skinned,don't burn and love having a tan.Did.i listen that it was harmful and going to cause wrinkles "No" well know in my 40s the pigmentation is rearing its ugly head and so are the fine lines.
Now its factor 30 on my face and 20 on my body and i still get a great tan.

Nice to see some positive comments about JF For a change.

i spent my 20s using oil as i'm olive skinned,don't burn and love having a tan.Did.i listen that it was harmful and going to cause wrinkles "No" well know in my 40s the pigmentation is rearing its ugly head and so are the fine lines.
Now its factor 30 on my face and 20 on my body and i still get a great tan.

Nice to see some positive comments about JF For a change.

I'm gonna break that, sorry.

I wish someone would tell her that it's called Moringa Balm, not Moranga.

Latest posts

Back