Is QVC supporting size zero ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Is it me or are a lot of the models looking totally washed out and skin and bone. The clothes hang on them and look two sizes too big. I don't mean all of them but Beulah and Jo and quite a few others just don't look healthy.:thinking2:

I agree, the tiny one with the red curly hair has always looked anorexic to me and I cringe when I see her skin and bone.

The clothes however, are aimed at a larger lady with generous sizes I find, so it beggers belief why they choose the models they do. Alhough they do have a couple of 'plus size' models.

I watched Amanda the other day doing the Tiana B (sp) hours and thought she looked really tiny too. The clothes looked much better on Joy the plus size model imo.

Most of the models are too thin and in real life they even look thinner, especially as some of the clothes hang off them. I've met Sharon and the one with blonde shoulder lentgh hair, don't know her name, thinner than they appear on tv.

I must admit I like Sharon she really knows how to make even rubbish clothes look good and they do look as if they fit her, and Joy always looks beautiful. Amica and Tanya again both look great.

I think Amica has lost weight recently too.
Most of Qvc fashion just does not suit the fuller figure or indeed women with soft bits and curves..the nylon,the cling,the static is a no no.

I think Amica has lost weight recently too.
Most of Qvc fashion just does not suit the fuller figure or indeed women with soft bits and curves..the nylon,the cling,the static is a no no.

You're right, and it's so silly 'cause most of the stuff is aimed at the larger lady...ie, stretch fabrics, elasticated waistbands etc, yet if they showed girls modelling the larger sizes, they know they probably wouldn't sell as many...It's a pity they don't do their homework and try and source some flattering clothes for large and small customers, and use more suitable models....mind you Sharon looks good in everything, even Kim and co!

Does anyone remember the lady who brought a collection of clothes designed for ex large? She had suitable models and the clothes were beautiful, I'm a 12/14 and would have loved some of the tops but they didn't do my size. Mind you everything sold out which goes to show people want to see the clothes on realistic models, why can't QVC understand that, it's not rocket science.

I think QVC should make clothes for all sizes very small petite through to XL. woman come in all shapes and sizes and its disappointing for customers when they see something they really like and they dont do their size.

I agree Dazzler. It really irritates me when I see something I like which isn't available in my size
For example some Centigrade coats only go up to a size L. It makes me feel bad for being a larger size as I think that whoever designed them obviously doesn't think that larger ladies will look good in it so why bother making the larger sizes. Surely us curvier folk should be the judge of that?!

I agree Dazzler. It really irritates me when I see something I like which isn't available in my size
For example some Centigrade coats only go up to a size L. It makes me feel bad for being a larger size as I think that whoever designed them obviously doesn't think that larger ladies will look good in it so why bother making the larger sizes. Surely us curvier folk should be the judge of that?!

awww why should you feel bad for being a larger size, dont say that its QVC's fault for not catering for everyone and of course larger ladies will look as nice in them. I think they just dont think when it comes to sizing, seems like a general thing. I wanted this really nice pair of shoes in the high street chose them asked for a size 6 only have 5 she said I chose three other styles again only have 5's I said what kind of shoe shop is this!

awww why should you feel bad for being a larger size, dont say that its QVC's fault for not catering for everyone and of course larger ladies will look as nice in them. I think they just dont think when it comes to sizing, seems like a general thing. I wanted this really nice pair of shoes in the high street chose them asked for a size 6 only have 5 she said I chose three other styles again only have 5's I said what kind of shoe shop is this!

One for munchkins?

Or for someone who is a 'size small' with 'teeny weeny' feet?

I hate that too when a shoe shop doesn't have my size but when it comes to sales I don't have qualms squeezing my feet into too small shoes or putting an insole into too large shoes :giggle:

I hate it when they have all the bogus shoes in the sales and you have to sort through to find a pair you like and then you land up with two left feet!!!!

Latest posts

Back