Is qvc on the skids ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
It has been noticeable for some time that a lot of the TSVs have been QVCs own branded products. ie Northern Nights, Diamonique, Cooks Essentials, Casual & Co etc etc. I have been watching over the past few weeks and there is a definite pattern in shopping choices. There are fewer of them. Also for the first time, they operated all over the Christmas Holiday instead of closing down at lunchtime Christmas Eve. A sign that things are tough ! A pity they could'nt save money on offloading a few of the presenters. What do these people do when they are not on QVC. Charlie Brooks for instance - what does he do for the rest of the week ?? Does anybody know ?

Don't know but the current financial climate might explain why Little Miss Squeak 'n' Gasp Kim had bagged herself 9 live hours recently! Maybe she's tougher than she looks & was able to exert enough leverage to gain that much coverage, refusing to play ball if she didn't get what she wanted?

What do these people do when they are not on QVC. Charlie Brooks for instance - what does he do for the rest of the week ?? Does anybody know ?

Try here: www.charliebrook.com

[I didn't know he'd been a producer for Radio 1!]

I've giggled when .... er ... pause ... bkps bksp bksp ... paid close attention when I've spotted QVC presenters presenting other things like corporate videos - Kathy Tayler featured on a Health and Safety Manual Handling video, for example.
[Knowledge which comes in very handy when required to 'pick up a box the correct way' when visiting the warehouse, I'm sure!]

And yes, I absolutely take your point about QVC own-branded products - I assume the mark up, therefore the profit, is higher? It also explains why we suffer so many Northern Flippin' Nights TSVs when there can't be a bed in the land which doesn't have QVC sheets these days. :rolleyes:

they have run repeated selling programs over christmas for the last few years...nothing new there. They do seem to be stocking more "own brand" stuff but I guess the mark up is better. I haven't noticed less choice on the website. I think they are changing in that they use the tv programs increasingly as infomercials for web shopping. I watch the actual presentations less ans less and browse the website instead

the TSVs are planned up to a year ahead, so I doubt they are in big trouble yet.
The parent company QVC US still putting the high end TSVs.

The presenters always had side jobs too, well alot of them.

If QVC are on the skids the other shopping channels must be neck deep in the sh*t and holding their breathe for the final sinking. QVC is the biggest TV shopping channel on QVC tv.

I would say they have bought up brands Tova etc and then created their own a number of years ago to make move money.

Qvc on the skids?

Did anyone notice yesterday when julia was presenting the early mornig repeat that features Gayle Hayman lip Lift?She said it was available on Auto delivery snd this would cost £5 to set up!!!!!!!!!!!
What a rip off as this always used to be free to set up.Overall I think QVC is still ok but I have to admit I am far more selective than I used to be and only buy what I really want.my other half is pleased as I only buy on average 1 item each month instead of countless things that I "need"

Did anyone notice yesterday when julia was presenting the early mornig repeat that features Gayle Hayman lip Lift?She said it was available on Auto delivery snd this would cost £5 to set up!!!!!!!!!!!
What a rip off as this always used to be free to set up......

Yes I heard that, but she went on to say that no postage would be charged for the auto delivery items, only for the first delivery.

Linda

I've noticed they seem to have lot's of the same type of show in a day, Kim & Co or gardening for instance. If your not into those you won't tune in for the rest of the day.

I've noticed they seem to have lot's of the same type of show in a day, Kim & Co or gardening for instance. If your not into those you won't tune in for the rest of the day.

I agree - they are also doing more 'beauty, craft, gold days' etc and then the new you days and spring home days.

I think the range of products is nowhere near as good as it was 15 years ago - and I have been watching and buying almost since it started.

Try here: www.charliebrook.com

[I didn't know he'd been a producer for Radio 1!]

I've giggled when .... er ... pause ... bkps bksp bksp ... paid close attention when I've spotted QVC presenters presenting other things like corporate videos - Kathy Tayler featured on a Health and Safety Manual Handling video, for example.
[Knowledge which comes in very handy when required to 'pick up a box the correct way' when visiting the warehouse, I'm sure!]

And yes, I absolutely take your point about QVC own-branded products - I assume the mark up, therefore the profit, is higher? It also explains why we suffer so many Northern Flippin' Nights TSVs when there can't be a bed in the land which doesn't have QVC sheets these days. :rolleyes:

So please that I am not the only one who has had enough of Northern Nights ! I think if QVC dont get enough branded names to appear then wheel out Richard Jackson, or shove in a Beauty Day. There are more Outlet programmes now than ever before.

QVC is just a shop at the end of the day!Apart from maybe clothes shops how many do you go in that changes it's stock all the time to new brands,they will always have the same type of programmes on as they must be what sells.Also the outlet shows are only on to clear out the w/house for new stock as it can probably only hold so much,and lots of shops seem to have permanent sales so nothing new there.

It also explains why we suffer so many Northern Flippin' Nights TSVs when there can't be a bed in the land which doesn't have QVC sheets these days. :rolleyes:

My beds are NN free zones!! I can't possibly use bedding that's been
stoked/pawed and generally fiddled with to within an inch of it's life. Puts me right off it does! :15: I recently bought some from http://www.thewhitecompany.com/category.aspx?id=1000797&gclid=CLOrm-DflpoCFYFA3godVUPmNA
It should last forever hopefully!

Don't know but the current financial climate might explain why Little Miss Squeak 'n' Gasp Kim had bagged herself 9 live hours recently! Maybe she's tougher than she looks & was able to exert enough leverage to gain that much coverage, refusing to play ball if she didn't get what she wanted?

She always has that amount of hours when she has a TSV

She always has that amount of hours when she has a TSV

She has that amount of hours when she does'nt have a tsv as well ! - why dont they just give her a whole day and have done with it. Beth Terrell, George Simenton, Nina Leonard et al, never have that amount of time, so just what is special about the Canadian Whiner ?

She has that amount of hours when she does'nt have a tsv as well ! - why dont they just give her a whole day and have done with it. Beth Terrell, George Simenton, Nina Leonard et al, never have that amount of time, so just what is special about the Canadian Whiner ?

Presumably because it sells! No different to shops giving their floor space appropriate to sales volume.

Presumably because it sells! No different to shops giving their floor space appropriate to sales volume.

I agree!

We are always moaning on here about there's too much of product x, y or z but the schedules will be based on what sells. There are lots of things I wouldn't buy but obviously other people do buy them.

Latest posts

Back