Is it possible that Marv is getting worse?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Never a favourite with the rolling eyes and the gurning but the new annoying traits are doing my head in.

I want someone to throw her a fish - why does she have to clap her hands all the time.

And what is it with near singing (best I can describe it) out the words and that laugh every other word.

Wanted to watch the Tig bags but grrrr.

Surely you would improve with time not get worse. And I seem to recall someone saying she was a trainer - training bleeding greyhounds or something but sure as heck not television presentation.

lol ! but please don't insult my beautiful greyhounds !! they too would run a mile........... hang on that's what they're trained to do.

Never a favourite with the rolling eyes and the gurning but the new annoying traits are doing my head in.

I want someone to throw her a fish - why does she have to clap her hands all the time.

And what is it with near singing (best I can describe it) out the words and that laugh every other word.

Surely you would improve with time not get worse. And I seem to recall someone saying she was a trainer - training bleeding greyhounds or something but sure as heck not television presentation.

I know what you mean about the singing. Why can't she just speak normally and stop the eye rolling and face pulling.

In answer to the original question YES!! Every time she is on she gets decidedly worse. She is a shocking, unwatchable presenter l am afraid.

It is this constant clapping her hands that is really getting to me. I don't think that she did this before or were we too busy noticing the rolling eyes and gurning.

I agree with white snake she is getting worse. That stupid voice - she irritates me so much that I want to throw something at her.

I do wish she'd change her 'wig' - her face moves but the wig around her forehead is static. Why don't women of colour invest in some proper hair pieces that look more natural around the hairline instead of the long and straight. There are some fabulous wig companies that cater for all skin colour, so it shouldn't be too hard. A couple of news readers are guilty of this also.

Well she must have been reading this thread because on the 9pm show there is very little eye rolling and drawn out words and so far no gurning and no bleeding clapping.

If she can do it for 20minutes (so far) why can't she do it all the time.

Let's see how she gets on doing Kipling .

I do wish she'd change her 'wig' - her face moves but the wig around her forehead is static. Why don't women of colour invest in some proper hair pieces that look more natural around the hairline instead of the long and straight. There are some fabulous wig companies that cater for all skin colour, so it shouldn't be too hard. A couple of news readers are guilty of this also.

Or what is wrong with her natural hair that she needs a wig.

I do find it painful watching her and am embarassed for her but do think she is really attractive. Her figure suits her and shows off QVC fashion well and she has a lovely face. I do long for her to improve like Chloe who has improved quite a lot and although still annoying not really any more than many of the longer standing presenters.

I think they meant she was looking for a trainer. She certainly didn't find one who could train her in presentation skills, that much is obvious :giggle: She hasn't got a clue and is embarrassing IMO, with her rolling eyes, silly comments and giggling and the dreadful gurning. I'm amazed she's still in a job, and wonder how she keeps it.

Well she must have been reading this thread because on the 9pm show there is very little eye rolling and drawn out words and so far no gurning and no bleeding clapping.

If she can do it for 20minutes (so far) why can't she do it all the time.

Let's see how she gets on doing Kipling .

One word. Awful. Have to turn off she's doing my head in.

Have only started to watch Kipling and I see the improvement was extremely short lived.

And someone should tell her the statement "everything we sell is bran new, we sell nothing preloved"
Does she think the returns fairies take them away.
And other equally daft things plus the singing out of the words and the gurning.

P45 for Marv!

Sweet J she is talking to the bleeding monkeys now and in fits because she is showing their bum

I caught that and wanted to punch the tv! It wasn't remotely funny but she was in hysterics while poor Marie Francoise just tried to carry on or get the joke.

She really is in unbearably unwatchable to me. I don't know what it is exactly but I just can't keep the tv on when she's on it :( I think in part she just tries way too hard...

The thing is I don't think she's an annoying person off screen - whereas some I really wouldn't want to meet on or off air mention no names! She just needs to be natural - that would help I think!

I didn't know she wears a wig.

I don't think she does. I heard her talking about having extensions a lot of the time. She said they damage her hair if left in for too long, so she has them taken out every so often to rest her hair. When we see her with curly hair it means the extensions have been taken out, apparently.

Latest posts

Back