Is it just me ..........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheetycat

Registered Shopper
......... or do EVERY time I switch on any of the "Miscellaneous" beauty programmes (Everyday Beauty, Confessions Of A Beauty Addict, Beauty Fix, Beauty Confidential etc etc etc) they're still desperately trying to sell off the Laura Geller Fresh Brewed Baked Collection.

It was the TSV back at the beginning of December priced at £34.92 - I bought it! Since then it's been "introductory priced" at £38.28 ............ a whopping £3.36 dearer!!!

Now I love Laura Geller products and use them all the time but I'm seriously getting fed up looking at this.

The options they have left are Porcelain and Medium. Now Balance & Brighten is sold out at the moment in these colours. So you'd maybe think that people wanting these colours would buy the set just to get the foundation - but obviously this isn't the case or they wouldn't still be trying to get rid of it.

I say they should just open the packages and re-package the contents as individual items ........ they have the eyeshadow, the blush, the highlighter and the foundation for sale as single items anyway - it's only the lipgloss that they don't seem to sell on it's own.

That way maybe they could recoup some of their money and we can stop seeing the same product over and over and over again :wonder:

This reminds me of a set, years ago that had one broken item when it arrived but because the TSV had sold out if I returned it I'd only get a refund. Q had on it's website, the component parts individually listed for sale so I tried to explain that it would be in Q's best interest (and mine) just to send me one of the individual items from stock rather than me returning the whole set. The CS person was sticking to the script and couldn't even see my point.
In the end I did the swap myself - ordered the single item and then returned the broken one from the TSV! Anyhoo, the point I'm trying to make is that QVC lacks the flexibility to deviate from a given pattern even if it seems like common sense to us. Ofcourse if I were running a little shop on the dreaded high street I'd split up a set to keep a customer happy and to keep their money in the till but you never really have any access to someone senior enough to improvise with the stock. If I were Laura Geller or any other vendor I'd be tempted to recall the unsold stock (a bit like the mythical TSV collection by the Elemis ladies) and split them up myself rather than flog a dead horse for months.

Jude xx

On a different 'tack', and I know its been mentioned before, but I refuse to buy any of the bedlinen 'sets' because I always buy a bigger size duvet cover than the size of the bed (and I think most people do), but they seem to sell thousands of the sets without splitting them up, and I suppose like the make-up, selling a load of 'bits' together is easier than individual items.

........the point I'm trying to make is that QVC lacks the flexibility to deviate from a given pattern even if it seems like common sense to us. Ofcourse if I were running a little shop on the dreaded high street I'd split up a set to keep a customer happy and to keep their money in the till but you never really have any access to someone senior enough to improvise with the stock...... Jude xx

I agree, I've have had equally ridiculous examples of this many times.

It makes me laugh when I see presentation for beauty sets and they say something along the lines of " the face cleanser alone would cost you £28 so you`re actually getting the moisturiser and eye cream for just £8 ! ". Yet if someone rang up saying keep the cleanser, just sell me the moisturiser for 8 quid, I know what the answer would be.

So true Vienna but if you do buy the brand normally as I do with Mally and EH- the TSV's really do make sense. Also if you want to try a range. I did not get the JW Diamond TSV as I wouldn't use it but I regret not buying last years Life Long Beauty TSV.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back