iPads

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

countrymaid

Registered Shopper
I have noticed that some of the presenters (especially Debbie Flint) seem to be welded to their iPads, constantly searching for tweets. How rude when they are supposed to be with a guest, presenting a show! I guess it knocks up their rating on Twitter.

Yes Anne Dawson seems to manage perfectly well without one,DF just loves reading out names from her Facebook page as they get a kick out of it,sad people ��

I wrote to the CEO last year about some presenters' fixations with their iPads and how unprofessional it was when they were supposed to be presenting items. His office rang me back a couple of hours later and I was told that the issue would be raised at their next meeting. Obviously DF was absent that day or she thinks it doesn't apply to her.

As I told the CEO in my email .............. if I was to spend my working hours tweeting and/or ordering goods while I was supposed to be working then I be given my P45. I hasten to add that I don't tweet, nor am I on Facebook, but I didn't tell him that. ;)

You wouldn't mind if it was only for a couple of seconds or so, but DBF seems surgically attached to her iPad.

At least Julia only checks for tweets during the promo adverts during a break so she's not actually doing it while she's supposed to be selling to us, you know, the customer.

You wouldn't mind if it was only for a couple of seconds or so, but DBF seems surgically attached to her iPad.

At least Julia only checks for tweets during the promo adverts during a break so she's not actually doing it while she's supposed to be selling to us, you know, the customer.

The two worst offenders are Debbie Flint - recently sent to train QVC China, and Sara Griffiths - recently sent to train QVC France. I'd suggest that this iPad usage is something QVC wants presenters to do more of, not less.

Following on from my earlier post, SG is the worst one for ordering while she's presenting. I've also heard some of the guests saying to her that she often orders when she's on air with them. Alison, the DMQ guest, is one that I remember commenting on it. Ordering while presenting? Unprofessional? Definitely, in my opinion.

Just had to laugh Chuntley tried to order something live on air and she couldn't because she had to create a password.

Huntley couldn't resist ordering a pair of Kuhn Rikon scissors on screen tonight.
I hope that she feels her life is now complete given the way she was practically in tears at the thought of the item selling out before she got hers.
I wouldn't mind but the presenters have knowledge of the items being presented long before they come on screen so I believe the on air shopping is another desperate sales ploy to show how "efficient" the app is to encourage us to shop online.

It's just plain rude. No other words for it. Just like another bugbear of mine, people answering their mobiles when you're talking to them. Switch the b*****s off and acknowledge that I'm actually in the room with you.

Huntley couldn't resist ordering a pair of Kuhn Rikon scissors on screen tonight.
I hope that she feels her life is now complete given the way she was practically in tears at the thought of the item selling out before she got hers.
I wouldn't mind but the presenters have knowledge of the items being presented long before they come on screen so I believe the on air shopping is another desperate sales ploy to show how "efficient" the app is to encourage us to shop online.

You are quite right! If they did what some presenters do, and prepare properly for a show, they would never need to order while on air.

I would suggest that you are absolutely on the money about this being yet another sales ploy to encourage us to part with our dosh.

The guest for KR is nice, but I wasn't impressed at all with the demonstration of the product.

And if any viewers feel left out because they aren't online, qvc conveniently sell overpriced iPads pre loaded with lots of useless software that takes up all the memory space. So come on join the party folks buy an iPad then you too can impulse buy just like your favourite pseudo friend presenters.

Let's be honest. None of them is likely to read out anything that says the product is a pile of rubbish, so why do it? If one of them actually said "Well, X from wherever has just tweeted that this item is a pile of old junk" it would make it so much more interesting.

That's to show us naïve people that the product must be so worth having if a presenter has to scramble and panic to order on screen. Another one of Chuntleys selling techniques is to say "I'm going to have to get this".............Go on then! Buy it! It's never stopped you before!

Do you reckon the presenters get a staff discount or just more 'added value'? Subscription to Badgers on Bikes Weekly or a jar of Hellmans [other mayonnaise is available]?

Latest posts

Back