Interesting Reading

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Very interesting .Sounds like they have even more problems than us with extra charges and a Q credit card.Lots of easy pay problems too.Its very easy to let them run away and mount up.Think the USA Q has far more products so easier to get into debt .Q just chasing cash and not much customer care there from the sounds of it.

I loved the first complaint. The delivery men refused to use the window to remove the box spring. I doubt any delivery men here would do that either.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19:

Loads about the QVC credit card, that so many on the Facebook page want to bring back to QVC UK(seems it was here years back).

Gosh ,their complaints are relatively worse than ours .Looks like at this rate the company will have to shut soon .

Gosh ,their complaints are relatively worse than ours .Looks like at this rate the company will have to shut soon .

Does seem like that , but I also get the impression some of them don't keep track of their easy pays and they end up being chased by debt collectors .They sound surprised they have outstanding payments.

It sounds as if the financial position of QVC in its entirety is not on as firm a footing as they would like us to believe. While so many other retailers have caught up with and surpassed the model which QVC launched with and acquired such market dominance, QVC themselves have not been redoubling their efforts to remain competitive.

I think all selly telly the world over is probably disingenuous with what they tell us on air. If you want to understand fully how things work, you have to either do your own homework and read the small print, or ask their Customer Services for clarification.

I got caught out myself with an auto-delivery. I assumed that returning a delivery automatically cancelled the whole programme. Not so (and in a way that's good). You have to return the goods and contact them to explicitly cancel the auto-delivery.

I loved the first complaint. The delivery men refused to use the window to remove the box spring. I doubt any delivery men here would do that either.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie

I moved into a first floor flat and the round table would not go round the staircase so at my suggestion the removal men hauled it through the window. As I had previously lived in Holland I was used to such solutions.

I loved the first complaint. The delivery men refused to use the window to remove the box spring. I doubt any delivery men here would do that either.:mysmilie_19::mysmilie

I moved into a first floor flat and the round table would not go round the staircase so at my suggestion the removal men hauled it through the window. As I had previously lived in Holland I was used to such solutions.

I live in a first floor flat. I have to inform whoever if buying new fridge/freezers/ovens etc when buying or you can get the Health and Safely thing from the delivery men. My stairs are seep anyway, I being used to them never seem to have a problem.

I too have lost track of easy pays in the past but I know now exactly what I owe and when ,so Q can't sneak in any extra payments. Not that they would of course .......

Well at least they have double the rating of John Lewis.com! (1star, 1.5 and Bad) That includes my own JL review about the nightmare when they delivered my washing machine and the endless attempts to get SOME response from their "Customer Service", now of course outsourced. I have never bought much from any other retailer but from now on JLP will never be used for electricals or indeed for other big purchases except as a last resort..... just soft furnishings or things I can carry from store. And reading the reviews since then, I am certainly not alone. It was such a shock to me that JLP was like this, and it has cost them the contract for my new kitchen as I went to a local independent.

I agree that these days the chances of getting the window removed are remote!!! Presumably a firm would do it if they could get someone else in and charge a fortune. But when I was a child and lived in a small cottage, I can remember this being done as part of the service. My Mum just said well you will need to take the window out and they said OK. It was the same for all in our street.

Well at least they have double the rating of John Lewis.com! (1star, 1.5 and Bad) That includes my own JL review about the nightmare when they delivered my washing machine and the endless attempts to get SOME response from their "Customer Service", now of course outsourced. I have never bought much from any other retailer but from now on JLP will never be used for electricals or indeed for other big purchases except as a last resort..... just soft furnishings or things I can carry from store. And reading the reviews since then, I am certainly not alone. It was such a shock to me that JLP was like this, and it has cost them the contract for my new kitchen as I went to a local independent.

I agree that these days the chances of getting the window removed are remote!!! Presumably a firm would do it if they could get someone else in and charge a fortune. But when I was a child and lived in a small cottage, I can remember this being done as part of the service. My Mum just said well you will need to take the window out and they said OK. It was the same for all in our street.

In those days which I also remember there were dedicated removal firms who did those things as part of the service .They were skilled to do it safely .Now with health and safety , no one wants to take risk and anything out of the ordinary is seen as a problem . I also don't think people are paid enough these days to warrant some of what they are asked to do. They are probably on zero hours contracts.

JL service has also gone down hill lately along with many of their previously quality products being made in China .

I write my easy pays on the calendar kitchen wall when due, last one. Though I do get emails telling me payment is due. Now I spotted on QVC Facebook page two people saying they did not get emails lately.

QVC have fallen down to 3 or 4 in CS, remember them going on about being second?

Okay, who has read this one on Trust!!!

I have shopped for about 10 years. Im now housebound and hate daytime tv so only have this on. The only problem i had experienced previously was no reply to emails ever and waiting weeks for refunds. I recently 'liked' Facebook page. Tried to join 'back to you' and it said request sent. Went back to join. Was rejected. In this group the presenter gets guests to post exclusives and hosts chats not on main page. I was rejected i assume as i had private profile and hadnt 'liked' the presenter. I ask on main qvc page why rejected and her followers all attacked me. I had to block 16 people and change my name to avoid the abuse. They continue to lie about anyone able to join. Its unfair and distgusting. One of this click then reported my name change to fb so i got in trouble for trying to avoid abuse! I now no longer watch qvc and wont shop again off to trading standards etc unfair
Daisy found this review useful

I have shopped for about 10 years. Im now housebound and hate daytime tv so only have this on. The only problem i had experienced previously was no reply to emails ever and waiting weeks for refunds. I recently 'liked' Facebook page. Tried to join 'back to you' and it said request sent. Went back to join. Was rejected. In this group the presenter gets guests to post exclusives and hosts chats not on main page. I was rejected i assume as i had private profile and hadnt 'liked' the presenter. I ask on main qvc page why rejected and her followers all attacked me. I had to block 16 people and change my name to avoid the abuse. They continue to lie about anyone able to join. Its unfair and distgusting. One of this click then reported my name change to fb so i got in trouble for trying to avoid abuse! I now no longer watch qvc and wont shop again off to trading standards etc unfair

No, I hadn't read it. It seems a generally growing trend that when anyone dares to criticize the idols of a particular group they are treated to an unusual and excessive amount of vitriol and persecution. I've noticed in reports all over the place. Not just trolling, though that's one part of it. Unfortunately the anonymity of the internet seems to make people forgetful that there is a human being with feelings at the other end of the screen. It's disgraceful behaviour like this that ensures many remain resolutely opposed to joining in any online debate... because debate is not generally encouraged. People seem to prefer to be in an echo-chamber where all the others hold similar views and opinions. Debate in all spheres seems to be a diminishing phenomenon. Instead you get packs of wolves angrily baying at their opponents. No listening, but lots of noise... and everyone becoming more and more entrenched in their previous opinions. QVC no different.

I find it bizarre that the QVC presenters should have fans full stop, leave alone those that defend them with a passion that most of us would reserve for close family / friends. They're not even celebrities.

I find it bizarre that the QVC presenters should have fans full stop, leave alone those that defend them with a passion that most of us would reserve for close family / friends. They're not even celebrities.

Q encourages this behaviour , we are you friends etc, and DF is the worst attention seeker and self publicist so uses it to her advantage .Of course people like her often cannot take criticism or be challenged so her groups won't be open to everyone.

I'm not a huge Julia R fan but to give her her due she read out an email from someone live on air alleging she and Alison Young have both had Botox and fillers so should not be selling beauty products .She said she had never had any ever and addressed it full on.She does read out the good and the bad.

I don't do Facebook or Twitter ,but any abuse should be reported to Q strongly and regularly until they do something about it.If I remember they took a hands off approach last time there were complaints stating the pages were not Q's but the individual presenter or something like that....

The weird part is this Facebook will not tolerate any forum of QVC and the presenters are not the most fabulous wonderful amazing thing since sliced bread. One little mummer of something was late or you had to return you get banned straight away. You will be considered a Troll and one Admin talked of collecting IP addresses of those who visited her blog and keeping for her solicitor! You must at all time follow the hive mind.

Fibby Flint and her blogger bezzy friend live in totally different world to us, they live in a world were negative opinions don't exist because they're either removed or blocked to make them seem more popular than they actually are and houses are made of marshmallows with chocolate roofs, and bunnies hop through the luscious green grass and little birds and deers come to greet you as you skip up to your marshmallow cottage........ahhhh what a lovely little QVC bubble.

Major disclaimer......I never have, nor will be a part of anything DF related this includes reading her slutty novels, applying to join her "groups" or contribute one single penny to her bank that she laughs all the way too, horrid little woman.

Latest posts

Back