Ingrid "TARRANT" hmmmmmm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

inatizzy

Registered Shopper
I actively dislike it, (hate to use the word hate) when these celebrity EX-wives "hang on" to their Ex's Name.
Can be for no other reason than to "milk" it !!!!!!! (imho)

Prescilla "Presley" springs to mind - and she was divorced in 1973 !!!!!!

I'm sure there are a host of others.......

Yes. I always think maybe they really do miss their husbands and secretly keep the name as they want them back and to be with them. I like Ingrid.

Bianca Gasgoine (think that's how)is another one although she was his stepdaughter and his wife still hangs onto it too.

I suppose its when you have children, easier not having to explain why your name is different especially on official documents etc. Though I think if I had split under such circumstances I wouldn`t want to keep the name ...... i think they could have found someone better suited to fronting the range too..perhaps it was her name that got her the job because a fashion icon she isn`t!!

Have we ever SEEN Yonk Kim ???

Perhaps Mrs Tarrant is the real designer - as she always looks like an unmade bed anyway !

My parents divorced 30+ years ago and as my mum has never remarried, kept her married surname which is the same as mine and my brother. If she had remarried she would have changed it, but as she didn't she kept it, so it doesn't seem that strange to me.
What irritates me is when "celebrities" trade on their "famous" exes surname to keep a high profile within the media, as they often have such little talent themselves, they would fade into obscurity without it.

In IT's case I think the children are adults so she does not have that excuse. Sorry but I find her hard to take under any circumstances.

Yon Kim apparently coming to Q next month. Be still. my beating heart. what will. Ms Tarrent be like if they are on together!

She's hardly gained any street cred being the ex of the odious Chris Tarrant the talentless...

She's got a few "claims-to-fame" hasn't she but is a career in fashion one of them? Only asking because I have no idea of her background and I'm not going to waste my time googling her......:mysmilie_506:

Have we ever SEEN Yonk Kim ???

Perhaps Mrs Tarrant is the real designer - as she always looks like an unmade bed anyway !

In an earlier show I.T. said that Y.K. travels for about 350 days of the year which made me think that doesn't leave a lot of time for designing. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

In an earlier show I.T. said that Y.K. travels for about 350 days of the year which made me think that doesn't leave a lot of time for designing. :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Well, that explains why she goes for the crinkle-just-got-out-of-bed look......:wink:

She's got a few "claims-to-fame" hasn't she but is a career in fashion one of them? Only asking because I have no idea of her background and I'm not going to waste my time googling her......:mysmilie_506:
I've obviously got more time on my hands so I did, apparently she appeared in a special edition of "What not to Wear" and had a makeover by those other QVC favourites Trinny and Susannah!

I've obviously got more time on my hands so I did, apparently she appeared in a special edition of "What not to Wear" and had a makeover by those other QVC favourites Trinny and Susannah!

I recall she fell out with them on the show, Several celebs were made over and then went to some awards do but LA Tarrant would not wear their clothes and changed in the taxi on the way to the do. Jo Brand was also on it.

She's hardly gained any street cred being the ex of the odious Chris Tarrant the talentless...

True but I like her, she seems to enjoy herself and have fun, she isn't ott on the selling side and I think the style of clothing does suit her. You couldn't have someone prim and proper in this type of style of clothing, I don't think.

Also, who cares, she had that name for years and so what if she does trade off it (which I don't think she does) good on her !

To be fair to her she had her own career in media whilst married and she is known as Tarrant so I don't think it unusual. Plenty of professional women retain the name by which they are best known regardless of whether it's their maiden name, former married name or current married name.

Latest posts

Back