In The Salon with SBC TSV 18/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Last Summer I found SBC gels worked well for topical skin cooling when I woke up with hot sweats in the middle of the night. Ofcourse it's just the action of the alcohol evaporating from the skin. On the way too and from the loo it just whacked the gel on my arms and legs and I'd have cooled down enough to sleep by the time I got back into bed, and it didn't matter which gel I used. During the day I used the pink gel on my face if I started to over-heat, and after a couple of weeks my face did feel smooth. I can't help thinking it acts in the same way as old-style alcohol-laden toners to "refine" the skin (whatever that really means) and maybe smooth skin isn't exactly the same as healthy skin?

As well as my other various health conditions, I do have something called - very exotically! - erythromelalgia, which causes intense burning pains in my limbs and is worse for me at night. So I have by my bed and in my bags various bottle of gloop ready to slap on and help the cooling a little..

As you say it's the alcohol evaporating which does the most - although anything pepperminty etc will help. When body shop have a big old sale on, I buy their spray of peppermint cooling foot spray (use all over so refreshing - NOT face!) to apply then sit in front of fan to help. If desperate I will use any after sun gel product or even snap off a 'leaf' from my aloe plant though the jelly inside that gets messy!!
And if I can manage to get downstairs, have some more gloop cooling in the fridge! Good luck x

Latest posts

Back