In The Salon with SBC TSV 18/05/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well I wasn't very excited about this one, but now I've realised there's a neck cream in it, it's a bit more attractive.

I don't rate the smell of the collagen shower gel or body gel.
I've never tried the collagen serum.
I've had the cleanser, it's just average & I love Philosophy purity :)

Just given all my collagen range to my best pal, realised it irritates my skin terribly. I do rate the vitamin ace gel though it's a pain for dispensing because of the awful pumps that restricts the small red beads. I snipped the bottom of the pump tube diagonally but lost a bit in the process.

First Drop

500ml Vitamin ACE Skincare Gel
500ml Collagen Bath & shower Creme
250ml Collagen 3-in-1 Cleanser
30ml Collagen Serum
Collagen Neck & Bust Cream

Second Drop

500ml Collagen Skincare Gel
30ml Collagen Serum

Third Drop

1000ml Collagen Skincare Gel
30ml Collagen Serum

thats what i think

When I used to be a QVC customer I used to love the thought of SBC, salon sizes, no fuss packaging, good priced TSVs, but the Collagen gel just sat on my skin, non of them ever did what they said they did, Arnica never eased aches and pains, then realised that the "thought" if it was the only good thing about this range.

When I used to be a QVC customer I used to love the thought of SBC, salon sizes, no fuss packaging, good priced TSVs, but the Collagen gel just sat on my skin, non of them ever did what they said they did, Arnica never eased aches and pains, then realised that the "thought" if it was the only good thing about this range.

The skincare gels were my first venture into QVC beauty... I was particularly looking for aloe vera gel for post-radiotherapy... I'm still working my way through them 7 years later. The alcohol in the gels, and the SLS in the bath and shower products... and the lack of any real results from my experience of using them... (over and above getting clean) meant they were never something I could justify repurchasing. The only one I've purchased since is the camphor one, which I do quite like and find effective for increasingly creaky joints, as well as hot flushes... do wish it wasn't such a bright blue (don't get it near light coloured clothing or it will stain).

Of course it did! Fish collagen is totally incompatible with human skin. SBC have been touting their pots of pink-tinged fish gloop for years now! It's only fit for gumming envelopes!

Contains:

• 1 x Collagen Neck & Bust Cream (100ml; full size) - with the combination of luxurious sweet almond oil, vitamin-rich Kukui seed oil and exotic passion flower oil
• 1 x Collagen Hydra-Gel Serum (30ml; full size) - a rich and intensive serum to help moisturise, smooth and condition the skin while minimising the appearance of fine lines
• 1 x Collagen Bath & Shower Crème (500ml; salon size) - enriched with marine collagen, passion flower and Kukui seed extracts; works to reduce dehydration and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• 1 x Collagen 3 in 1 Cleanser (250ml; full size) - a triple action cleanser which effectively removes make-up, cleanses away impurities and gently exfoliates to reveal smooth, bright and fresh skin
• 1 x Vitamin ACE Skincare Gel (500ml; salon size) - a refreshing and light skincare gel that promotes healthy skin; infused with Vitamin A, C & E

What is Auto Delivery?
If you're keen to take advantage of today's price you can sign up for our Auto Delivery plan, where you'll receive further deliveries over a specified period, the contents of which can be found below. Click on the Auto Delivery tab above to purchase this plan.

Second and fifth deliveries contain:
• 1 x Collagen Neck & Bust Cream (100ml)
• 1 x Collagen Hydra-Gel Serum (30ml)
• 1 x Collagen Bath & Shower Crème (500ml)
• 1 x Collagen 3 in 1 Cleanser (250ml)
• 1 x Rose and Argan Oil Skincare Gel (500ml) - containing a classic fusion of rose essential oils, argan oil, chamomile and passion flower, this is a comforting and toning product that provides an immediate feeling of relief and cooling

Third delivery contains:

• 1 x Collagen Skincare Gel (500ml) - a youth-renew moisturising face and body gel to help address the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and restore moisture to dry, dehydrated skin.

Fourth delivery contains:

• 1 x Vitamin ACE Skincare Gel (500ml)

Sixth delivery contains:

• 1 x Collagen Skincare Gel (1L; supersize) - look forward to your final delivery, which contains an even bigger version of this luxuriously moisturising face and body gel

Delivered to UK mainland only

Crikey the auto delivery option is a heck of a lot of pink gloop to work your way through in a year. As for Alison, her face is shimmer brick at it worst and the pink blusher and pink ( creased ) dress/top, or whatever it is, doesn`t help. She looks like Mr Blobby. way too much shine and pink !

Arncia did work for me, it took the swelling down when I hurt my ankle. I was shocked, you could actually see the swelling go down!

Collagen gel I used as a body product after a bath in the summer. Far as I could see that was all it was good for. I would not touch the skincare for the face serums etc. As I have mild rosacea not something I would dream of putting on my face

SBC I enjoyed some of the gels but the adding of shower creams, body lotions and finally the face care was just like trying too hard to move away from the original idea of the brand.

The shower gels made me itch, the collagen gel just sat on my skin and made it feel taut, as did the rose and argan gel, the aloe gel was the worst aloe gel I`ve ever had and much better aloe gels can be found out there and minus all the alcohol and additives, the arnica was handy for hubby who used it regularly and also the camphor gel too and the only item I got along ok with, was the cleanser. It was no better and no worse than many other cleansers I`ve tried but not special enough for me to want to buy it regularly. I haven`t tried any of their face creams or serums because the set I bought didn`t have any in it.

The 'SBC is great' bubble has burst for me but time and time again, the arnica lives up to it's claims. I have spent a fortune through the years on SBC gels, buying since they started on QVC, trying lots of different types and after all this have concluded the gels are useless, the alcohol definitely is a problem and makes your skin taught and stingy. I do like the shower gels and a little goes a long way but as I am also not a big fan of SLS won't be in a rush to buy more. I loved the superfruits range and have a few items still but am going to stick to arnica now. I used it on my face last night as I have terrible tooth ache and used it outside on my cheek and felt the pain subsiding and that was after loads of other methods of pain relief -tablet and natural.

Last Summer I found SBC gels worked well for topical skin cooling when I woke up with hot sweats in the middle of the night. Ofcourse it's just the action of the alcohol evaporating from the skin. On the way too and from the loo it just whacked the gel on my arms and legs and I'd have cooled down enough to sleep by the time I got back into bed, and it didn't matter which gel I used. During the day I used the pink gel on my face if I started to over-heat, and after a couple of weeks my face did feel smooth. I can't help thinking it acts in the same way as old-style alcohol-laden toners to "refine" the skin (whatever that really means) and maybe smooth skin isn't exactly the same as healthy skin?

Latest posts

Back