In the Salon with SBC TSV - 10/08/09

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have a confession to make: I've capitulated and ordered this tsv... with a new baby I quite like the idea of products that don't require lots of rubbing and massaging, as I simply don't have the time for all of that, yet I feel that my body needs/deserves a little tlc... so, there you go, this is my excuse... :angel:

I have a confession to make: I've capitulated and ordered this tsv... with a new baby I quite like the idea of products that don't require lots of rubbing and massaging, as I simply don't have the time for all of that, yet I feel that my body needs/deserves a little tlc... so, there you go, this is my excuse... :angel:

Presumably you're a grown woman?? you don't have to make any excuses to anyone...and if you have buyers remorse just send it back.I think you'll like the kit though.

The collagen is meant to be, can't speak for the others as I've never used them. When I used the collagen I also used a moisturiser (not at the same time) but when I had more time of an evening.

I recall there being many a discussion, over the years, on here about SBC and thier use of alcohol in some of the products. HTH.

You don't need to confess or have any excuses SS. It's your money and your choice. I agree with the other poster, try it, see if you like it and return it if you don't. At the very least you will know for yourself.

This forum is great for advice and opinions on all sorts of products. But we're all different and something which someone likes some won't, same goes for beauty products.Horses for courses and all that etc.

Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

I recall there being many a discussion, over the years, on here about SBC and thier use of alcohol in some of the products.

There is a fair bit of alcohol in some/all of the gels I believe, which is what makes them so fast drying on the skin!
I have the jasmine gel at home at the mo & do use it after a bath quite often & it's useful sometimes not to have to wait to 'dry off' & become 'unsticky' before you get can dressed!
I'm not sure I'd put any of the products on my face though tbh but that's not what I bought them for......! :flower:

I wasn't sure if alcohol was in all the products, just remembered it was in the collagen and the previous discussions about it.

I never used the collagen on my face - last thing my oily skin needed something to make it think it needs to produce more oil! lol.

Time for bed. Night night

Last edited:
I tried the collagen gel but didn't see any results. I was also put off by the alcohol and the "dubious" source of the collagen.

Anyway I have a theory that they make one big vat of gel, pour into several smaller vats then stir a different colour dye into each.

Linda (the cynic):hi:

Well I ended up sucumbing! :eek:
Not tried it before, but hubby has a terrible eczema type rash on his legs which the prescribed creams don't touch, so thought he could give the Propolis a try. It's cheaper to buy the complete TSV with it in it than it is to buy it on its own! :eek:

I also ordered one for my step-mum as she is not well and I think she deserves a bit of pampering but it needs to be something easy that she can manage. She takes Propolis in tablet form so I think she will like this.

Trying not to think too much about the £10.90 total P+P charges! :sad:

Never had an item sent to a different address before and was surprised to find there is no place on the order page to send them a personalised message with the parcel.

Never used SBC before so hope I like it... :)

i've bought this tsv mainly for the propolis gel for my hubby who over 18 months ago had surgery on a snapped achilles tendon - ouch! it hasn't really been right since, it's numb, has terrible scar tissue which has bonded with his skin and he also has nerve damage. i think it's a small price to pay if it provides any comfort to him.

i was going to buy the laura geller tsv, and was really looking forward to it, but am so disappointed that all the products appear to be in small sizes! :sad:

There is a fair bit of alcohol in some/all of the gels I believe, which is what makes them so fast drying on the skin!
I have the jasmine gel at home at the mo & do use it after a bath quite often & it's useful sometimes not to have to wait to 'dry off' & become 'unsticky' before you get can dressed!
I'm not sure I'd put any of the products on my face though tbh but that's not what I bought them for......! :flower:

Good point Kitten, that's exactly why I decided to treat myself... (by the way, thanks everybody, isn't it funny how when you have a new baby you feel guilty for any time/money spent on yourself - or is it just me???:confused2:). Because I'm in a hurry (and possibly a bit lazy) I just can't deal with products that need rubbing in, so the idea of a fast drying gel is appealing to me. I too am not sure I fancy using the collagen gel on my face, though I might have a little go for the sake of research :wink2:.

Sillysausage you certainlydo need to treat yourself! After a bath I can't stand putting on a creamy, sticky body lotion so although I know it contains alcohol for me it's a trade -off for the fact the collagen gel dries so quickly.

Just found this on the SBC website if anyone wants to know;

Q. Can you please advise if the collagen used in your products is animal, fish or vegetable derived?
A. The Collagen used in our SBC Collagen Gel and Collagen Bath Soak is a Yeast Extract whereas the Collagen used in our Collagen Shower Crème and Collagen Hydra-Serum is a Marine based Collagen.

Hi, SS
I really like the collagen gel as a body lotion - it makes my skin smooth and 'plumptuous'. I also occasionally use it as an overnight mask on my face and wake up with nicely plumped skin. My mother swears by it too and she looks years younger than her age, so much so that several of her friends have started to use it as well. Both of us adore the shower creme. As I wrote on another thread, just the smallest amount on one of those bath puffs gives masses of creamy bubbles, it smells delicious and leaves your skin feeling great.

I haven't tried the propolis, but on the collagen products alone, I think you're in for a well-deserved treat.

Hi, SS
I really like the collagen gel as a body lotion - it makes my skin smooth and 'plumptuous'. I also occasionally use it as an overnight mask on my face and wake up with nicely plumped skin. My mother swears by it too and she looks years younger than her age, so much so that several of her friends have started to use it as well. Both of us adore the shower creme. As I wrote on another thread, just the smallest amount on one of those bath puffs gives masses of creamy bubbles, it smells delicious and leaves your skin feeling great.

I haven't tried the propolis, but on the collagen products alone, I think you're in for a well-deserved treat.

Thanks for your endorsement, norbitonite, I'm really looking forward to trying the tsv now, and hoping for the same effect the collagen products have for you and your mum!!

Had to temporarily abort my boycott of QVC, to buy the TSV for the Propolis gel.:blush: I'm running low and its better than tea tree oil IMO.:hi: Looking forward to trying out the Collagen shower gel.

Latest posts

Back