In Paris!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
Nina, the BA on yesterday with Itchy mentioned that 'They in Paris' are no longer wearing leather trousers, but faux leather, i. e., plastic. Who are 'they' I'd like to ask her. I'd place a bet that most women in Paris are dressed as in other capitols and mostly wear jeans a tee shirts with maybe a pleather jacket. Just throwing out the word Paris doesn't mean that the clothes are more chic. The trousers she was selling were the usual black plastic.

I'm going to Paris at the beginning of October so I'll check it out :D Usually when I'm there (we have a friend in France to stay with), I see a lot of non French people in Paris wearing all sorts of stuff. You definitely don't see catwalk models when you're walking around the Champs Elysees or Montemarte. I do love Paris but I won't be wearing anything but my jeans/trainers/padded jacket. France isn't as warm as they make out.

I'll report back of course if I see pleather anywhere :cool:

CC

Nina, the BA on yesterday with Itchy mentioned that 'They in Paris' are no longer wearing leather trousers, but faux leather, i. e., plastic. Who are 'they' I'd like to ask her. I'd place a bet that most women in Paris are dressed as in other capitols and mostly wear jeans a tee shirts with maybe a pleather jacket. Just throwing out the word Paris doesn't mean that the clothes are more chic. The trousers she was selling were the usual black plastic.
Who i Itchy?

I was in Madrid last week. Some chic women but I didn’t notice any pleather.

I’m going to Rome next week - I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the stuff.
There's a lot of pleather around in Northern Italy. The jackets mostly look OK, but it's the skin tight or wide leg trousers that look funny, imo. And especially if they're worn together as a trouser suit.

There's a lot of pleather around in Northern Italy. The jackets mostly look OK, but it's the skin tight or wide leg trousers that look funny, imo. And especially if they're worn together as a trouser suit.
I hope the temperatures have dropped now in Italy with so much pleather around! I have always considered Milan to be one of if not the foremost fashion city.I used to think if I was unsure about wearing something ‘would I go to Milan in this’?

I'm going to Paris at the beginning of October so I'll check it out :D Usually when I'm there (we have a friend in France to stay with), I see a lot of non French people in Paris wearing all sorts of stuff. You definitely don't see catwalk models when you're walking around the Champs Elysees or Montemarte. I do love Paris but I won't be wearing anything but my jeans/trainers/padded jacket. France isn't as warm as they make out.

I'll report back of course if I see pleather anywhere :cool:

CC
If you do see anyone wearing it, I dare you to stop them and ask, "Les aves vu obtenu de QVC?" One can only imagine the blank expressions.

No doubt referring to the 1001 genders...

Fashion is as fashion does. As we age (not necessarily "mature") we all know there are certain styles that suit us so certain fashions will be okay and others won't. Nobody needs to be a slave to trends.

If you do see anyone wearing it, I dare you to stop them and ask, "Les aves vu obtenu de QVC?" One can only imagine the blank expressions.

I hope the temperatures have dropped now in Italy with so much pleather around! I have always considered Milan to be one of if not the foremost fashion city.I used to think if I was unsure about wearing something ‘would I go to Milan in this’?
You would probably be going to a fancy restaurant or party in a wealthy area. I've found that people in Milan dress no differently than the average Londoner would dress going about their daily business. (Many Italians are much smaller and thinner than the British which makes a difference how they look in clothes.)

Latest posts

Back