I'm so sick of all this American stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm an American and agree. I also wonder why so few Q-UK vendors offer their wares on Q-USA. I'd love to buy Liz Earle and Lulu Guiness, among others. The only ones who every appear are Jemma Kidd and Nickey Kinnard.

Ooooh talk of crimplene brings back awful memories of wearing a crimpline, yes crimplene bridesmaid dress when my sister got married in 1969. Mind you it was worse for her because she was wearing a homemade white crimpline wedding dress and she now cringes when she looks at the wedding photographs !

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

mine too! I posted before about buying half a yard (not metre!) from Mansfield market, plus a zip, cutting out 6 panels and going to work in a new skirt every Monday!

Those were the days! Although in my case it was still fabric by the yard but I made ra ra skirts in the 80s and simple mini dresses.

I'm a "plus size gal" but I don't exclusively shop at QVC and neither do I look frumpy. I quite like some US clothing. And some US clothing from QVC as well. But like most women I buy a top from here and dress from there. I don't buy exclusively from anywhere or any "designer". Not all American fashion is bad ... not all British fashion is good either.

Nowt wrong with Next or Monsoon or George at Asda. Buy what you like from where you like.

Someone made a point about QVC fashion a while back and I can't remember who it was. The point was that stretchy pull on dresses, tops and trousers could be a staple as they will have a lower returns rate than fitted or tailored clothes. Not exactly one size fits all but one size fits a few.

Sassenach

It's a Hi ya and W-E-L-C-O-M-E from daSnarly! Look forward to hearing your views ... x

When QVC started it was never off my TV now it's just a womans channel selling nothing but female crap 24hrs a day.
And let use not forget the parrot the gob that never stops.

Latest posts

Back