I'm so sick of all this American stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I know that many of you won't agree with me but the post is mine and therefore I can post what I like.

I am however sick to the back teeth of all the American programmes on QVC. I also know that we have to put up with it because QVC is an American company.

I am sick of their accents, sick of their pushiness, sick of the way they think that their designs are what we all should be wearing.

When QVC UK was first devised, why couldn't they have got GB companies to come on the show?

I know we have Butler & Wilson and Lulu Guinness, Liz Earle etc but mostly the clothes are of American origins.

I have not been able to stomach QVC much since the end of the Olympics as I didn't watch it much for that fortnight and tonight I am getting right p**ed off with it all.

I know that many of you won't agree with me but the post is mine and therefore I can post what I like.

I am however sick to the back teeth of all the American programmes on QVC. I also know that we have to put up with it because QVC is an American company.

I am sick of their accents, sick of their pushiness, sick of the way they think that their designs are what we all should be wearing.

When QVC UK was first devised, why couldn't they have got GB companies to come on the show?

I know we have Butler & Wilson and Lulu Guinness, Liz Earle etc but mostly the clothes are of American origins.

I have not been able to stomach QVC much since the end of the Olympics as I didn't watch it much for that fortnight and tonight I am getting right p**ed off with it all.

I agree also, but can"t see it changing much with the American influence. But we have Tranny and Suzie on Sunday so
maybe thats a start in the right direction. Maybe they are trying :wink:

There are many brands on QVC that having seen them once I've not watched again because they're not to my taste, personally I think much of their fashion is dire - but hey, the UK brands can be as bad. Michelle Hope, need I say more! I tend only to watch brands that I'm interested in. If QVCUK gets your blood pressure up, maybe you shouldn't watch it - just a thought. Life's too short to get het up over a shopping channel!

I wonder if the American woman actually wear these clothes, they must sell obviously or they
wouldn"t still be on the televsion. Do you see these clothes when your walking down the
street in America, never been so haven"t a clue :thinking:

Have any of you ladies actually seen anyone else wear anything off the telly?

I have never seen one other person wear a scarflace or carry a Vellutti bag by that Moira C woman.

I've explained before why I watch shopping channels late at night and I shall not repeat myself.

The damn music is back on though.

I have QVC on in the background when i go to sleep, got used to having a tele on, and if i put a film on or
something i end up watching it. The other night i couldn"t sleep and was watching the repeats of the repeats
on QVC, so i switched and ended up sitting downstairs to 4.00 am watching Rosemary"s Baby, which was
scarey, so back to QVC :whew:

Have any of you ladies actually seen anyone else wear anything off the telly?

I have never seen one other person wear a scarflace or carry a Vellutti bag by that Moira C woman.

I"ve seen 3 people with Kipling bags, but maybe i don"t get out enough :wink:

Oh Sparkly, I have seen a few with Kipling bags and we usually comment on them to each other and to be honest they have all said they get them off QVC. I was once wearing a mookite necklace too and a woman asked me if it was off QVC.

There again, it's not as if my social life is that glittering either.

I have QVC on in the background when i go to sleep, got used to having a tele on, and if i put a film on or
something i end up watching it. The other night i couldn"t sleep and was watching the repeats of the repeats
on QVC, so i switched and ended up sitting downstairs to 4.00 am watching Rosemary"s Baby, which was
scarey, so back to QVC :whew:

Well, for gods sake don't have the tv on now and try to go to sleep. Mally and Ally are like two cockateels having a slanging match. AY spouts more crap on Mally's shows than all the other shows put together - sick of hearing about Beyonce, JJo, and Mary J Blige, or whatever her name is. I would love to get hold of her and tell her 'That does'nt impress me'. Definitely time for bed! Bon Nuit.

I'm sick of the stretchy/viscose/nylon/polyester/buttonless/zipless tent like creations that pass for fashion from these American companies. Don't they know how to work buttons and zips? Why don't they try something different and who buys this stuff? Ok I know I'm not a young thing at the cutting edge of fashion, but I love fashion and I like to keep up to date (within reason). Kim, Renee, Hopeless (British fashion at it's worst!) and the rest are so not what I would ever dream of wearing and I know I'm far from alone so why do we get by-passed? Look to Next, Monsoon, Coast, Zara etc not Bonmarche. Get with it Qvc and broaden your customer base.

Well, for gods sake don't have the tv on now and try to go to sleep. Mally and Ally are like two cockateels having a slanging match. AY spouts more crap on Mally's shows than all the other shows put together - sick of hearing about Beyonce, JJo, and Mary J Blige, or whatever her name is. I would love to get hold of her and tell her 'That does'nt impress me'. Definitely time for bed! Bon Nuit.

Oh i couldn"t listen to those two when i"m trying to sleep. That screeching goes through me, and
what does Alison"s eyes look like, Dusty Springfield, going back years and years :sleepy:

I bought a shimmer brick yesterday and no ladies it was not Bobbi Brown - no way.

It was Boots 17 in the pink shimmer. Amazing reviews and I also bought some bright red Impress stick on nails.

I bought a shimmer brick yesterday and no ladies it was not Bobbi Brown - no way.

It was Boots 17 in the pink shimmer. Amazing reviews and I also bought some bright red Impress stick on nails.

WHAT were you doing in the dreaded high street shopping with all those crowds ha ha. As long as you like what you
bought it doesn"t matter what the brand is, and you get points in Bots. Never tried stick on nails, sounds good :cool:

Latest posts

Back