I'm really hating............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't even want to think about the hygiene or personal care aspect :eek::eek:

Eurgh! I hope they use loads of loo roll to avoid finger poke-through :sick:

I also think that if you know you're going to have your talons in a close-up (the Diamonique guest, not Allison), make sure they're freshly done and don't show a chunk of new nail growth under the falsies. It doesn't look attractive and makes the talons-owner look unprofessional (though having fake talons in the first place makes women look that even without the upkeep).

We have a young female GP that has talons. She makes me shudder! When I was in the NHS we weren't allowed painted nails nor could they be longer than finger length.

I remember years ago when I worked, there was a photocopier (remember those machines) repair guy who used to come to the school - he had beautifully manicured hands although it didn’t look good on a guy …

By manicured I mean longish nails buffed to perfection.. ewww

the disgustingly different painted plastic talons on display. They're everywhere, on the jewellery shows, shoe presentations, beauty products etc etc. (not QVC but entertainment programmes are rife with them, black girls in particular seem to believe the longer the better. Even on news programmes there are some guests who look crass with them )

They don't even look 'nice'. They only look good when they are just slightly longer then the natural nail bed, French polished, or at least all one colour. I'm not a fan either of the blues, greens, yellows or patterned. Fashion I know, but keeping it simple, and 'chic' can't be beaten.
Canyou imagine what gets underneath those 'nails'? Equivalent of belly button jam. Vom vom vom.

And hairy fingers (usually male) showing jewellery bits and bobs ..

Dirty fingernails, men, women and whoever, are a no no for me. Yuk
Can't bear. I took a nail brush & nippers up to Everest Base Camp (one carries as little as poss for obvs reasions) Loved that nail brush. Invaluable. Always take it camping too. Mucky nails =Devils work.

I also think that if you know you're going to have your talons in a close-up (the Diamonique guest, not Allison), make sure they're freshly done and don't show a chunk of new nail growth under the falsies. It doesn't look attractive and makes the talons-owner look unprofessional (though having fake talons in the first place makes women look that even without the upkeep).

We have a young female GP that has talons. She makes me shudder! When I was in the NHS we weren't allowed painted nails nor could they be longer than finger length.
OMG!!! What uif they poke through the rubber glove?

I remember years ago when I worked, there was a photocopier (remember those machines) repair guy who used to come to the school - he had beautifully manicured hands although it didn’t look good on a guy …

At my local beauty salon they offer male manicures but this appears to be just tidying up the cuticles and trimming the nails. The men you see there are smart men in suits. I don't know what my dad would have said about men getting manicures!

Can't bear. I took a nail brush & nippers up to Everest Base Camp (one carries as little as poss for obvs reasions) Loved that nail brush. Invaluable. Always take it camping too. Mucky nails =Devils work.

YOU WENT TO EVEREST BASE CAMP ?????? That is seriously impressive ! I consider it an achievement to climb a 4 step domestic ladder !

YOU WENT TO EVEREST BASE CAMP ?????? That is seriously impressive ! I consider it an achievement to climb a 4 step domestic ladder !
Yes! I do now have dodgy knees & feet & a lot of pigmentation,so don't be too impressed!

I don't brag, but were I that way inclined would have plenty of material. Of course - anyone could say any old **** on here (some probably do) & who would be any wiser? My contact lenses froze up at the top n- minus 20 degrees. Despite them being in my down sleeping bag overnight.

All credit to you anyway.

Maybe I think the best of people, but it never occurred to me that anyone on here would be economical with the truth, as we're all anonymous so what would be the point. And as we're all of a certain age, aren't we past the age of make believe ?
One never knows....

I was just about to post that! Well done - I would never have thought of attempting that even in my younger, fitter days.

I'm not a natural camper. Too many dodgy campsites as a youngster put me right off for life. I'm built for comfort these days.
At my local beauty salon they offer male manicures but this appears to be just tidying up the cuticles and trimming the nails. The men you see there are smart men in suits. I don't know what my dad would have said about men getting manicures!

I know what mine would have said!

OMG!!! What uif they poke through the rubber glove?

Prostate exams!

AE "I'm not a natural camper.... " ME NEITHER !! I'm not any sort of camper. When I was 9 I spent the night in the back garden under a sheet held up by a couple of broom handles. That was enough. So even though there is now 'glamping', the thought of trekking to a shower block, or using a camping toilet, is so not for me. Each to their own, and many of my friends revel in it, but some won't contemplate cruising, which is my go to holiday (providing there's no kids).

AE "I'm not a natural camper.... " ME NEITHER !! I'm not any sort of camper. When I was 9 I spent the night in the back garden under a sheet held up by a couple of broom handles. That was enough. So even though there is now 'glamping', the thought of trekking to a shower block, or using a camping toilet, is so not for me. Each to their own, and many of my friends revel in it, but some won't contemplate cruising, which is my go to holiday (providing there's no kids).
When I was very young my mum and dad took me and my brother camping, I can't really remember it. My mum always said she got the best night's sleep in a tent. However, these days I would avoid camping as I prefer en-suite facilities! As for going on cruises, I'm thinking of doing one next year (on my own!). I'm getting a bit more adventurous as I get older!

Aside from a couple of cruises, I have done the rest on my own. Don't worry, if you want company its there - as there are other ladies on their own, but if you prefer your own company thats ok too. But its wonderful to have such a selection of food that I don't have to prepare. Its easier sometimes just to have a bowl of cereal in the evening instead of cooking a meal for one.

Aside from a couple of cruises, I have done the rest on my own. Don't worry, if you want company its there - as there are other ladies on their own, but if you prefer your own company thats ok too. But its wonderful to have such a selection of food that I don't have to prepare. Its easier sometimes just to have a bowl of cereal in the evening instead of cooking a meal for one.
Thanks, that's a great help. I'm happy with my own company but it will be great to have company maybe at meal times. I think more ladies are doing holidays on their own these days. My very elderly uncle can't understand this. When my mum died 5 years ago we a short break booked, I decided I would still go and he said "how can you go on your own?" Its a generation thing, he's now in his 90s!

All credit to you anyway.

Maybe I think the best of people, but it never occurred to me that anyone on here would be economical with the truth, as we're all anonymous so what would be the point. And as we're all of a certain age, aren't we past the age of make believe ?
Excuse me I don’t think we’re all “of a certain age” yet thank you very much (early 40’s)!! 😉

Yes! I do now have dodgy knees & feet & a lot of pigmentation,so don't be too impressed!

I don't brag, but were I that way inclined would have plenty of material. Of course - anyone could say any old **** on here (some probably do) & who would be any wiser? My contact lenses froze up at the top n- minus 20 degrees. Despite them being in my down sleeping bag overnight.
Oh am so jealous you got to go to Everest base camp - would love to climb it too!

Were your contacts in your eyes when they froze?! Omg!
Hope your knees etc not just from one trip?

I used to adore camping - maybe because I’m from a family of Brownie and guide leaders and spent half my childhood camping? - and some of my happiest memories spent under canvas...

I miss it so much and dream about it... sigh!

Though we used to have an old caravan - which was 4 berth but tiny, so in later years my bro and I slept in a tent next to it - and it wasn’t until he was ill/dying that my dad admitted he didn’t enjoy it!!

He said why didn’t we stay in nice B&B or cottage (basically finances and mum and us loved it, I guess!)
Poor chap!

And hairy fingers (usually male) showing jewellery bits and bobs ..

Dirty fingernails, men, women and whoever, are a no no for me. Yuk
That made me grin, Lilo. I've noticed quite a few men with hairy fingers, but not many women!

Oh lordy, Alter, I wouldn't want your young GP with her talons putting her mitts on me.

He might have been wearing a clear nail varnish as well. The whole look would put me off. QVC's Charlie has beautifully manicured nails and cared-for hands, but they are still masculine looking.

Excuse me I don’t think we’re all “of a certain age” yet thank you very much (early 40’s)!! 😉

Oh am so jealous you got to go to Everest base camp - would love to climb it too!

Were your contacts in your eyes when they froze?! Omg!
Hope your knees etc not just from one trip?

I used to adore camping - maybe because I’m from a family of Brownie and guide leaders and spent half my childhood camping? - and some of my happiest memories spent under canvas...

I miss it so much and dream about it... sigh!

Though we used to have an old caravan - which was 4 berth but tiny, so in later years my bro and I slept in a tent next to it - and it wasn’t until he was ill/dying that my dad admitted he didn’t enjoy it!!

He said why didn’t we stay in nice B&B or cottage (basically finances and mum and us loved it, I guess!)
Poor chap!
Poor chap for going along with it without griping, but really nice chap.

We booked our first cruise - a very short one as I never used to get seasick but now I get car, bus, rail and plane sick! It was cancelled due to Covid and we haven't re-booked. We haven't had a holiday since 2006 and that was a visit relatives job.

We will have a go at re-booking in the future as the food sounds amazing. My friends went a few weeks ago but the friends they were going with cancelled last minute due to Covid. They always say the food is the high point.

We had cereal yesterday evening. It was too hot to cook or eat. Though I had porridge. Mr AE says I'm barking mad :ROFLMAO:

We booked our first cruise - a very short one as I never used to get seasick but now I get car, bus, rail and plane sick! It was cancelled due to Covid and we haven't re-booked. We haven't had a holiday since 2006 and that was a visit relatives job.

We will have a go at re-booking in the future as the food sounds amazing. My friends went a few weeks ago but the friends they were going with cancelled last minute due to Covid. They always say the food is the high point.

We had cereal yesterday evening. It was too hot to cook or eat. Though I had porridge. Mr AE says I'm barking mad :ROFLMAO:
Italians are being advised, among other tips to help in the heat wave,
to eat five small meals daily instead of the usual lunch and dinner. I was reminded of this when you mentioned the wonderful food offered by cruise ship restaurants.

We haven’t had your heatwave but today was to be good (23 deg) so I got the BBQ out to do some nice steaks but at 6pm it started to rain so I was cooking in the rain and running back to the house to get dry!

Latest posts

Back