I'm finding that Instant Boost Skin Tonic.............

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
.....seems to take off more of my make up than Cleanse and Polish does now. Last night for example I cleansed and thought I'd done it thoroughly but when I used the skin tonic, loads and loads more foundation came off on the cotton wool pads. I don't wear heavy make up either, just the puffy powder Philosophy one (can't remember the name) and some Benefit Hi- Beam. I ended up using about 5 pads before my face was clean.
Has C and P lost it's oomph?:wait:

.....seems to take off more of my make up than Cleanse and Polish does now. Last night for example I cleansed and thought I'd done it thoroughly but when I used the skin tonic, loads and loads more foundation came off on the cotton wool pads. I don't wear heavy make up either, just the puffy powder Philosophy one (can't remember the name) and some Benefit Hi- Beam. I ended up using about 5 pads before my face was clean.
Has C and P lost it's oomph?:wait:
I always use more than one pump, and if its in the other bigger size , i
find i squeeze out far too much. Not cost effective. I do have the clarsonic and sometimes use it, and then the muslin
cloth. When i use the IBST I don't rub it in, i just pat it on my face, never tried seeing if it removes more make up, maybe
i should. But i do think it takes more than one pump

I always use more than one pump, and if its in the other bigger size , i
find i squeeze out far too much. Not cost effective. I do have the clarsonic and sometimes use it, and then the muslin
cloth. When i use the IBST I don't rub it in, i just pat it on my face, never tried seeing if it removes more make up, maybe
i should. But i do think it takes more than one pump

Elemis Pro Radiance Cleanser is the most effective cleanser I have ever used. One pump and all off, toner pad clean. Cant beat it (expensive though)

I've been an Emma Hardie Balm fan since the beauty pick of the month.
Was finding skin so in balanced with almost daily spots.
Since the change to her products and no Decleor, I can count less than one per month since.

I found this after they changed the formula of C&P, just didn't take makeup off as well as it had before. I switched over to the Boots Radiance Hot Cloth cleanser (now called Beautiful Skin Cleanser) and it's awesome! I do find that if I'm wearing a BB cream I have to use my Clarisonic to take it off completely but with regular foundation or mineral foundation the cleanser alone is more than enough. Love it and it's under a tenner. Also rate the Elemis one apart from the price and Soap & Glory hot cloth cleanser (although this has a strong smell that some may not like). Oh, A'kin's Rose & Geranium is awesome for lighter make up days too.

I've recently started using using the hot cloth cleanser and moisturser from Tropic Skincare http://www.tropicskincare.com/tropic-skincare-set.html and they're a good alternative to Liz Earle. The cleanser is really effective at removing makeup, but it does have a very strong eucalyptus smell which some might find off putting. The moisturiser is lovely, it's a sort of gel cream consistency and smells gorgeous.

Latest posts

Back