"If you don't have the money in your account right now, buy it anyway"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

srhgts

Registered Shopper
Very responsible, Debbie Flint... Wow. Not even talking about advanced order, not even easy pay. She seemed to be suggesting just placing an order despite having no money in your account and hoping it worked anyway and would leave you overdrawn. I'm sure the first priority of anyone with no money at all is to buy overpriced anti ageing blah blah that doesn't do anything... What a vulture that woman is, absolutely shameless.

That is terrible as she is encouraging people to get into debt, she should know better as I think she has had some money issues herself in the past. I remember her first stint at Q she had the cameras at her house showing all the stuff she bought her children were there with those folding tables they used to sell and she even had her husband on the programme once.

I knew exactly who you were talking about just from the title of your post. She is getting worse.
So did I, she is shameless and two faced. Only yesterday or so she posted about helping her ex-colleague financially so what about those people she is encouraging to buy who don't have the money. I can't watch her she is so fake - fake giggles, fake broad smiles etc.
I am not going to buy anything in her presentations as she tries too hard and it comes out as repulsive.

But let's not forget she is, first and foremost, there on our screens to sell. Salesman are loyal to the business- we're not her concern.

Do publicans care if we become alcoholics? Do newsagents care if we smoke too much? McDonalds care if we are obese?

It's simply just not in her job description to care! She's not forcing us to buy... She's just 'putting it out there'...

she does coma across as desperate to sell at any cost. hard sell does not always sell

I know on Q Facebook page yesterday someone commented they bought something which was on Waitlist and not due until the around the end of June. It was shipped and arrived with her, and she did not have to money at the time. QVC replied that the dates given are an expected due but not a definite it will arrive on a that day, products can and do arrive earlier.

jil'ls at it in the clearance hour. buy now for christmas. if you buy two things in clearnace you would be making substantial savings. the problem is you still have to pay for them to get the savings

I think all the presenters may have received a 'chat' as Dale was saying similar things in the jewellery hours he did with Charlie.

One item was nearly £3,500 on 3 easy pays... he consistently only mentioned the lower monthly payment and kept talking about being able to use the credit available on your credit card.

He also mentioned a few times that waitlist items could arrive early so be prepared with the money.

It looks like a corporate change of message to harder selling.... and reminding people that they may have 'available credit' on their cards just waiting to be spent.

At the end of the day though, we all have free will and they can't make us overspend... that's our choice.

can you imagine if say john lewis started using these pushy sales techniques. they remind me of mail order catalogues very low end sales pitch. its off putting

Ah, but they're number one!! This new pushiness smacks of desparation to me, but it is easy to get sucked into the hype - I used to be but this forum has put me right (thank you all) and made me see the light. Allelujah!

qvc sell luxury stuff not essentials. they have an urgency in thier sales technique .....because they have to!

Debbie Flint is not suited to QVC in my opinion. she was better off on those bid/price drop channels, shame they've gone as now she cannot go back!!

I have noticed for some time the pushing to sell/buy (we know that is their job) has reached manic proportions.Things are tight & there is more & more competition out there.Unless it's a TSV, good value & something I really, really want their sales techniques are a waste of time to me.I can see though that some will fall for it.As for DF I switch her off, can't stand the 'hearty' laughing--just comes over as false.

can you imagine if say john lewis started using these pushy sales techniques. they remind me of mail order catalogues very low end sales pitch. its off putting
Can't imagine John Lewis condoning that kind of sales technique, they wouldn't stay no.1 for long! Another tactic of QVC is to imply that you can order behind your husbands back,(Kathy's worst for this) saying things like, just tell him you've had this dress for ages, or go into another room and use Q cut then he won't hear you! And the ridiculous one about with what you you save on so & so, you can buy so & so.:mysmilie_506:

This has been worrying me more and more recently.

DF is the worst for using this sales tactic by a million miles and I think it's particularly shameful from her as she trained as an accountant. The powers that be who regulate tv shopping and sales technique need to look at it closely. I worked in banking for 20+ years and this method of selling breaks rules.....Not everyone realises the implications of what they are buying into.

Latest posts

Back