If postage was capped would you honestly spend more on Q?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
I know we all go on about capped postage but in all honestly would it make us buy more from Q or are their prices so out of line that postage is a totally side issue?

I know that when postage is capped I often add extras just to make up the minimum spend.

Buying one overpriced item is bad but imagine buying more just to save P&P:mysmilie_51:

Maybe for some things which were keenly priced in the first place - the horrendous P&P just tips them over the edge of being not worth it. For others, though, zero postage would make no difference. Some things are already in that category - those Gower Cottage Brownies, which had free P&P, but cost £20-odd for 12 little squares. No free P&P will make those worth it.

I've been tempted in the past when they did one-off offers on whatever was in your basket being on EPs, but I'm now cured (largely thanks to this forum).
I think capped postage might tempt me occasionally, but until they get themselves sorted out better I can't see it happening. All the packages in their warehouse must be delivered ready-packed by the supplying brand. Personally, I think the absolute least they could do would be drop the specific postage saving for buying multiples of the exact same item., but I suspect that the warehouse is maybe not organised so that all options of the same product are right next to each other.

It won`t make much difference to me because I long ago took the cure and stopped buying anything other than the few items I use which are still cheaper on Q. I roughly purchase from them 3 times a year. SBC, ABC and AD Synergy, one purchase of each.
They have many different types of customers and it was only yesterday someone on their facebook page said they`d ordered 10 items in a day. That`s a small fortune in postage alone.
Some people would be die hard Q fans even if the postage was double, it`s their whole World, their life revolves around Q, its presenters and their groups.
Other people are stuck in a rut, q has become a habit to them and also quite addictive. They NEED things or so they say, the latest Kipling, the latest LG bag, the latest eye shadow etc etc
Postage won`t make much difference to some people because they`ll always find some excuse or justification to pay it rather than some reason not to pay it.

I've said it before, but my main gripe with postage is how long it takes to arrive.

Amazon - pay £4.49 for express delivery and it comes next day before 1pm.

QVC - pay £5.95 and delivery can still take over a week to arrive.

It's ridiculous.

But I think capped postage is a good idea, even if they started per show.
For example in a Lola Rose show it could be £5.95 postage total, no matter how many items you order.

But.... I can't see them doing it in all honesty. On average they take about 1.5 million pounds per day, so sales are so strong, they've no need to reduce their profits.
If people stopped buying however, they'd have to do something.

I think capped postage would encourage me to buy more. For example, I needed more of the ABC tea tree skin wash. I would have bought 2 but the P&P would have been about £7.50, which I wasn't prepared to pay. In the end, I went to ebay and bought the product at £2 more than QVC but P&P free which gave me an overall saving. Had their P&P not been as outrageous, QVC would have had that order.

I would probably buy more too. Would wait until I had a few items to buy and then would benefit from capped postage.

Postage is irrelevant to me; if I want/need to buy something, I will. Of course, reduced postage costs would be welcome.

everything is online so you would buy what you want on any given day and benefit from the capped postage. you dont have to wait for t to come on air. but that would not please qvc as people that buy watching shows may spend more than those who shop on qvcuk.

Where I might be tempted is trying 2 sizes/colours or if I'm already buying I would consider something in clearance which might have caught my interest but I've discounted due to the excessive postage in comparison to the item price.

Years ago it would have made a difference when I was buying like crazy but now my purchases are so few it hardly matters.

Still it would be nice to have the choice.

The consensus seems to be that it would not, generically, make a difference. I suppose we are doing ourselves no favours, should anyone from the Q be reading this. As they do regularly come on here, I am sure they are rubbing their (greasy) palms in glee. Well, it is a business, to be fair.

The consensus seems to be that it would not, generically, make a difference. I suppose we are doing ourselves no favours, should anyone from the Q be reading this. As they do regularly come on here, I am sure they are rubbing their (greasy) palms in glee. Well, it is a business, to be fair.

Do you have any evidence of this? I was unaware it was fact rather than supposition.

dale does...he quotes stuff from here on air..i notice it because its sometimes something i have said

I hope they do read the forum. A warts and all opinion on things won`t do the presenters or Q any harm.

Amazon Prime costs £79 P/A. One of the (many good) benifits of this service is next day free delivery on most of their products. So whatabout a QVC prime?

No I would not buy more because it would still take 10 days to arrive and get left on my doorstep by the slap dash couriers
There seems to be no consistantcy to the way postage is charged a really expensive ring can have p&P of £3.95
And a cheaper ring can have P&P of £5.95
How is that possible ? It makes no sense so I just do not buy anything that has in my oppinion extortionate delivery charges or that I need to receive within a week.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back