If I see anymore fluffy teddy bears or musical eyeores on QVC....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The OP was stating his opinion.
HE was sick of it, I don't remember him saying that anyone else had to agree with him.
But he is entitled to his opinion. But the slating started afetr his original post.

And I agree with him TBH, but even if I didn't, he has the right to express his opinion. IMO, people who treat teddy bears like children need some kind of test on them to clarify whether they should be allowed into the community. I don't expect everyone to agree with me, but I'll bet the majority do.

Your point about people needing testing if they "treat teddy bears like children" is very judgemental imho. Some people collect Teddies as a hobby, not a child like replacement. As you yourself said we are all entitled to our views and opinions, but if you think someone needs testing because of it, that imvho is going a tad too far.

When it comes down to it, its just a metre of fur fabric !!!!! I've no problem with the bears - its the "UNbearable" twosome that come with them, now they DO give me a case of 'pass the sick bag'. What with them and the artificial FLARR lady from Peony, qvc could produce enough 'strange' guests to model a whole show on them - a sort of "How Not To Be A Guest On QVC" sort of thing.

When it comes down to it, its just a metre of fur fabric !!!!! I've no problem with the bears - its the "UNbearable" twosome that come with them, now they DO give me a case of 'pass the sick bag'. What with them and the artificial FLARR lady from Peony, qvc could produce enough 'strange' guests to model a whole show on them - a sort of "How Not To Be A Guest On QVC" sort of thing.

I agree, they're both nutters. (Probably very rich nutters though).

Whenever someone posts on here that they can't abide something my view is, well don't watch, but I defend their right to say it. If anyone is offended by something or simply can't stand it they are entitled to their say but there are ways of telling someone not to watch without being rude.

Don't see why collecting bears should be thought any worse than collecting model trains etc.

Don't see why collecting bears should be thought any worse than collecting model trains etc.

I do not think anyone said that collecting teddies is bad, indeed thankfully we are all different with different interests and I would def prefer Teddies to Model Trains. I just object to rudeness

I agree, most people "collect" something, but COME ON tickling a piece of fur fabric under the chin ????????? the way that CR did this afternoon, I mean, is this adult viewing or kids television ??

The sad fact about "collections", whatever it is, means that if the 'collector' dies, then whomever is left has the unenviable task of disposing of it. I had over 800 cds and 1,000 plus LPs to get rid of when my husband died - no mean feat, and a ****** headache to boot. Morbid I know, but something to think about when that next ornamental frog is bought !!!!! I have now rapidly downsized and offloaded bagloads of 'stuff' to charity shops and drama groups, so that when my time comes, no-one has a 'collection' of anything to worry about !!!

My original post had nothing to do with the people who buy the bears and soft toys. It was the ridiculously patronising and creepy manner in which the presenters were selling the toys. They seemed to be treating the entire audience as if they are under fives. The intention of my post was supposed to light-hearted but some people seemed to take it a tad too personally which is a little bizarre.

Go ahead if you want to buy your Charlie Bears or Eeyores who's ears flap up and down singing 'Great Balls of Fire'.

My original post had nothing to do with the people who buy the bears and soft toys. It was the ridiculously patronising and creepy manner in which the presenters were selling the toys. They seemed to be treating the entire audience as if they are under fives. The intention of my post was supposed to light-hearted but some people seemed to take it a tad too personally which is a little bizarre.

Go ahead if you want to buy your Charlie Bears or Eeyores who's ears flap up and down singing 'Great Balls of Fire'.

When I read your original post it was very clear to me that your intention was to make a light-hearted comment and it did not offend me. In the same way, I am certainly not offended at the negative comments people make about QVC fashion. I have loads of Kim and Co ( even though I think most of her things are overpriced ), Tiana B, Print Fusion and Ronnie Nicole. If people want to make negative comments that's fine by me, they're entitled to their opinion and I am happy to wear my purchases knowing that I look quite nice in them. :sun:

I didn't realise that the point of this website was to slag off products! I thought it was to share info about products for us to help each other to make informed choices - that's when this website works especially when SCW helps us all with his detective work! I stand by what I said before - if you don't like something switch off!

I'm afraid I disagree with you, I think one of the many points of the forum is to share your opinions, likes and dislikes with fellow forumites and to do so with respect for others.
The OP certainly came in with all guns blazing, but he didn't criticize Charlie Bear collectors in his first post, he was criticizing the bears and mainly the couple who present them. I would have thought he was well within his rights to comment on this QVC programme and product.
Some of the responses to his post showed that he seems to have hit some kind of raw nerve and showed very little respect indeed for his opinions. I also think the language used was really unnecessary.
I agree that the presentations of Charlie Bears are quite nauseating (my opinion), but I do rather like the bears, in fact we even own a couple, so where does that leave me?

There's no limits to the range of topics or angles discussed on here other than dictated by common courtesy and the usual legal constraints. If it's related to shopping telly: products, presenters, MBG, postage costs etc it's all fair game. This isn't just a means for people to catch Sazza or SCW's preview of new items, it's a forum for discussion. All opinions are valid imho, including the ones we don't agree with. Some topics are highly emotive and Teddies seems to be one of them. I like the bears but I can't watch those two with Charlie or other presenter simpering and stroking bear after bear after bear! I think the OP was saying this and not singling out for attack anyone on here. Some respondents did however make it personal.

Play nice children!

Jude xx

I thought they were red pandas (related to something else raccoons or cat family maybe?), they weren't black and white the ones I saw.

Ha Ha ! wondered how long it would be before someone "Bah, Humbug"-ed on here!
I for one LOVE it! I always look forward to Christmas (not so keen on the bears but, if thats your thing i can live with it!) but crappy Crimbo tat for me all the way!!!!

I absolutely loathe Christmas, have since I was a teenager - hate the hypocrisy of it all. But I seem to be a bit brighter than Greg, because I found this little round thing on the remote and when you press it - you'll never guess - the telly switches itself off so I don't have to watch it.

has that charlie woman got something wrong with her? she seems incapable of sitting up straight. she was practically doubled over earlier. i hope she's ok.

and the husband, jammed up to her on the sofa. you'd think a shirt that met in the middle would be a pre-requisite for a tv appearance? the one he had on earlier was straining and gaping at the buttons to the extent that i could see his knockers. which were rather bigger than his wife's.

I've always thought it rather odd that a bloke would WANT to come and sit on a sofa and talk about cuddly toys, instead of just lettiing his wife be on camera. He obviously loves the lime light and always has a lot to say for himself. He sounds and looks like Adrian Buckley - perhaps they are brothers !!!!!

I've always thought it rather odd that a bloke would WANT to come and sit on a sofa and talk about cuddly toys, instead of just lettiing his wife be on camera. He obviously loves the lime light and always has a lot to say for himself. He sounds and looks like Adrian Buckley - perhaps they are brothers !!!!!

Kerching! :cash:

I agree, most people "collect" something, but COME ON tickling a piece of fur fabric under the chin ????????? the way that CR did this afternoon, I mean, is this adult viewing or kids television ??

The sad fact about "collections", whatever it is, means that if the 'collector' dies, then whomever is left has the unenviable task of disposing of it. I had over 800 cds and 1,000 plus LPs to get rid of when my husband died - no mean feat, and a ****** headache to boot. Morbid I know, but something to think about when that next ornamental frog is bought !!!!! I have now rapidly downsized and offloaded bagloads of 'stuff' to charity shops and drama groups, so that when my time comes, no-one has a 'collection' of anything to worry about !!!

That sounded very cold. I would have thought listening to the music your husband loved would have brought back happy memories and do not see how it would be so difficult to either live with or dispose of. There are plenty of house clearance firms that will take anything you want to offload quite quick and easy. I see a persons collection as an extension of them and family members usually love to keep hold of a little bit of something for sentimental reasons.

That sounded very cold. I would have thought listening to the music your husband loved would have brought back happy memories and do not see how it would be so difficult to either live with or dispose of. There are plenty of house clearance firms that will take anything you want to offload quite quick and easy. I see a persons collection as an extension of them and family members usually love to keep hold of a little bit of something for sentimental reasons.

I do not think its cold, its just different. Everyone has their way of dealing with these things, and whatever way is your should be fine as you are the one having to go through this

has that charlie woman got something wrong with her? she seems incapable of sitting up straight. she was practically doubled over earlier. i hope she's ok.

and the husband, jammed up to her on the sofa. you'd think a shirt that met in the middle would be a pre-requisite for a tv appearance? the one he had on earlier was straining and gaping at the buttons to the extent that i could see his knockers. which were rather bigger than his wife's.

I'd guess at least a 46DD! :giggle:

Latest posts

Back