I refuse to let Julian Ballantyne go...!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kermit

Registered Shopper
I have always read and enjoyed this forum but never felt inclined to voice my opinion. Jules has always been my favourite presenter and has been one of the few non-white presenters on QVC, which has never been fully representative . If these rumours of sackings are true, this is a disgrace. He is irreplaceable and the fact that QVC think they can just remove him and others without any explanation is ridiculous. I for one will not be spending another penny with this Giant Heartless Corporate company.

I mainly found him boring especially when he and the garden gnome got together. Jules very occasionally said something that amused me.

AND Welcome Kermit

Last edited:
I have always read and enjoyed this forum but never felt inclined to voice my opinion. Jules has always been my favourite presenter and has been one of the few non-white presenters on QVC, which has never been fully representative . If these rumours of sackings are true, this is a disgrace. He is irreplaceable and the fact that QVC think they can just remove him and others without any explanation is ridiculous. I for one will not be spending another penny with this Giant Heartless Corporate company.
I never thought of him as being non-white,and why is he irreplaceable.
Lynn

I don't think I have ever watched a show presented by Julian so I won't worry if he has gone but I wouldn't get upset if any of the presenters left. They are only sales people and no one is indispensable. He has probably gone on to bigger and better things Kermit.

Well look on the bright side - think of all the money you'll save Kermit!

Without a doubt in my opinion the best male presenter QVC Has/Had and again in my opinion QVC are fools to let him go. Maybe he was too honest for them.

Julian is one of my favourites as well as he asks the questions that I would want to ask about the products.

I believe he will be a hard act to follow because of who he is and not because he is 'non-white' and I find it odd that you would make his skin colour an issue here.

Julian represents the best side of old QVC, no pretensions, able to laugh at himself and other presenters, not precious either. He was unable to tell a convincing lie so he'd just describe what was in front of him. If he couldn't envisage him using it you could tell straight away! I even enjoyed tales of his Nana and his brothers. QVC have lost sight of the reasons people watch. I can't watch the "can't live without this" shysters they seem to favour over personality.

Plus he once made me a cuppa at a viewer event when he really didn't have to.

I'm not sorry he's gone I couldn't stand him he is the most boring presenter ever and when he was with Richard Jackson I had to to turn off. A pair of pillocks together as far as I'm concerned.

I really liked Julian over the years even though I didn't watch the gardening or DIY stuff. I watched the shows he did more in the early years. I don't really understand the relevance in the OP what colour Julian's skin is or isn't. He is a fantastic presenter and really really attractive to boot!!!

I see him out and about he lives in Kilburn I will have to ask why he is no more at qvc..end of an era definitely.

Got to say that Julian is/was my favourite presenter. I'll miss his down to earth style of presenting. But like others have said, I couldn't understand his sychophantic ways towards the gnome. Now how has that man kept his job for so long?

Julian is one of my favourites, I could watch almost anything he presented.
Non of this can't live without nonsense and lies, he will be missed.

I used to love him in the beauty shows with AY. He asked the simple straight questions about the products, that we the viewer sitting at home wanted and needed to know.

None of the sh*t which celeb wore it or which magazine was pushing it because the company paid for advertising space.

Julian could have been green with purple spots it never mattered to me.

It made me laugh when he was on with Dawn Bibby making cards and he was all fingers and thumbs but he would say to bibster that he had an Art Degree.

Do you folks, think the Gnome, will mention his mate Jules during his hours, as most shows hen Julian hasnt done with him, he has often said, ooh Mr Ballaytne, does this and so on.

Why was Juilan limited to the kinda hours he ever presented, in the early years, he presented jewellery and stuff, but in the later years, he was stuck with Household Helpers, Cooks Essentials, and Gardening products.

And during the last few months, they took out of the schedules, there so said, biggest viewing hour of the week, DIY on Sunday, which Juilan presented reguarly, he new all the guests, and he would often mention, people like Orlando, and his old pal Harry Greene RIP.

Cant understand why another presenter, who hasnt been on the channel for as long as Juilan, has got 221 posts, because ive always seen her, as like a failed TV Presenter, who kinda found the niche she was left with.

I will miss Juilan more than Debbie Greenwood,

Do you folks, think the Gnome, will mention his mate Jules during his hours, as most shows hen Julian hasnt done with him, he has often said, ooh Mr Ballaytne, does this and so on.

Why was Juilan limited to the kinda hours he ever presented, in the early years, he presented jewellery and stuff, but in the later years, he was stuck with Household Helpers, Cooks Essentials, and Gardening products.

And during the last few months, they took out of the schedules, there so said, biggest viewing hour of the week, DIY on Sunday, which Juilan presented reguarly, he new all the guests, and he would often mention, people like Orlando, and his old pal Harry Greene RIP.

Cant understand why another presenter, who hasnt been on the channel for as long as Juilan, has got 221 posts, because ive always seen her, as like a failed TV Presenter, who kinda found the niche she was left with.

I will miss Juilan more than Debbie Greenwood,

you could tell Debbie was not happy. her presenting imao went down recently. all the psycophants are riding high Catherine Huntley, craig rowe, Debbie flint they wont be going anywhere. every thing qvc sells creates great excitement to these presenters even if its rubbish. management love people like this ...di as you are told

Latest posts

Back