I really felt for Julia last night

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There was a similar situation today in a craft outlet, with Leonie and Alison Keenan, a T- Caller asked Leonie how her little one was, it was a heart stopping moment but AK covered it very well and Leonie went on as normal. (In case anyone doesn't know Leonie lost her child last year shortly after it was born).

No one was to blame, but I still feel that there is no need for T-callers on QVC, especially now they have reviews on the web.

Especially next to Rosemary Conley. JR looked really healthy and fit and although Rosemary is a health 'guru', sometimes a woman of 50+ does look good with a bit of meat on her! I'm not saying fat and wobbling flesh, I'm saying a good healthy life style eating good healthy food and not frail and boney like RC looked [sorry]

I so agree with you! Rosemary's suit looked 2 sizes too big which made her look older. Julia looked fabulous up against RC. I know some people go on about Julia but she's very professional and dealt with a rude T Caller very well by remaining polite and giving a very honest answer.

When I was about 11 or 12, I had an aunt Kath who used to come around to see us with my cousin. She was a tiny , little thin lady must have been around my mum's age which was about 45 though she looked about 109 because she was so gaunt! She never ever left without commenting that I was a 'Big' girl, 'heavy ' girl etc. which is very hurtful, though looking back in my old photo's I was a normal child carrying a bit of 'puppy' fat around my middle and taller than her girl. Anyway, throughout my life, I've carried these comments from her even though friends say "Well you're slim, you don't have to worry" I never see that when I look into a mirror. I always see a bigger person so always remain on a 'careful' eating plan right to this day. My daughter commented that she thought I was looking drawn and quite boney and has repeatedly said that women in their 50's need extra fat on their body to protect their bones. [she has even got me off the skimmed milk because my nails are ridging badly! she is also medically trained but I don't need to say all that.] What I'm trying to say is personal remarks can change a person's life if they are sensitive and give them an inferiority complex, I know of two people in my life that have dieted through nasty comments from others and have become anorexic which also can lead to other horrifying complications. Don't get me going but I've had Aunt Kath hanging on my shoulder all of my life.

No she has never said it has made/kept her slender but I would expect that it would show better results for someone who claims they use it the way she does - as others have said she is not a good advert for it. It strengthens your core and her middle certainly doesn't look that way to me ! .

I do some Pilates - not on the machine since I have no room for that, but balance and arms and core and so-on. I have also been losing weight over the last couple of years and still have a way to go. Pilates does work at a very deep level. That is to say on toning and strengthening and lengthening the deep muscles. From using Pilates I feel stronger and more supple and can feel a difference in way I do everyday tasks and even stand and walk. However, the thinner the area, the quicker you can see outward toning. On my chubby tummy, although the shape is getting better, the effect is less obvious than on my thinner arms. Now I am beginning to lose weight on my bum and tum I can see the effect there too. Last year, for a patch of a couple of months, I didn't do as much Pilates and I could see my tummy moving back to where it used to be. What I am saying is that a)Pilates does work b) it works at a deep level and so if there is a layer of chub over the top the result will be less visible and c) if you stop doing it, your body will return to its bad ways. That is my experience anyway.

I do some Pilates - not on the machine since I have no room for that, but balance and arms and core and so-on. I have also been losing weight over the last couple of years and still have a way to go. Pilates does work at a very deep level. That is to say on toning and strengthening and lengthening the deep muscles. From using Pilates I feel stronger and more supple and can feel a difference in way I do everyday tasks and even stand and walk. However, the thinner the area, the quicker you can see outward toning. On my chubby tummy, although the shape is getting better, the effect is less obvious than on my thinner arms. Now I am beginning to lose weight on my bum and tum I can see the effect there too. Last year, for a patch of a couple of months, I didn't do as much Pilates and I could see my tummy moving back to where it used to be. What I am saying is that a)Pilates does work b) it works at a deep level and so if there is a layer of chub over the top the result will be less visible and c) if you stop doing it, your body will return to its bad ways. That is my experience anyway.

I d believe it works ( I have one myself I should use more !) - I just don't believe that Julia uses it as much as she says she does - or did. I can see the change in Beverly I've never really seen much difference in Julia. I'm not saying she's not bad for her age I just don't think she uses it as much as she says she does and is therefore not a good advocate for it.

There was a similar situation today in a craft outlet, with Leonie and Alison Keenan, a T- Caller asked Leonie how her little one was, it was a heart stopping moment but AK covered it very well and Leonie went on as normal. (In case anyone doesn't know Leonie lost her child last year shortly after it was born).

No one was to blame, but I still feel that there is no need for T-callers on QVC, especially now they have reviews on the web.

I heard that call as well. I know we all (including me) complain about AK so much but I was very impressed with how she covered that up. I honestly don't think Leonie realised what had been said. I really hope not anyway. Brownie points to AK for this one :1:

Firstly pa1916,I am so sorry for your sad and recent loss.

Secondly,I think Julia looks great.

Thirdly,I would rather look like Julia any day than the pilates lady called Marjolein who is so thin, sinewy old and unhealthy looking.I have no idea how old she is but she looks a good few years older than Julia.

You took the words right off my keyboard. She makes me feel nauseous and certainly doesn't encourage me to try pilates if that's how you end up looking!

You took the words right off my keyboard. She makes me feel nauseous and certainly doesn't encourage me to try pilates if that's how you end up looking!

Marjy-jam must be fit but looks like chicken wish bone...

I had the hour taped and checked it out whilst I think mentioning somone's weight is a touchy subject know only to well.
I didn't think the caller was too rude she did say Julia had mentioned putting on weight which she has.
I did think she did look to the side whilst the caller was on the phone because they were preparing to bring on Zoey to use the pilates machine maybe wrong.
I though did feel for Julia though, as I heard her get really up set in October when a caller mentioned her own husband's death and their anniversary.
She also was very weepy during the B&W hour when someone mentioned the wings pendant and related it to the RAF.
I was pleased during the pilates hour to see Julia openly talking of her father holding back the tears, I'm sure.
Seems like it has been rather upsetting time for a few presenters at QVC this last couple of years Anne with her mum and Sara only talks of her mother now.

I think that this is why Alison Keenan looks older than her years because she has this thin, boney image and when they use the fake tan on these gaunt faces, television seems to add years for some strange reason. The truth is in the hands though. When the lipglosses get spread across the hand for comparison in the beauty shows, that's when the age shows up!

I do feel sorry for Julia, but as we all know she has gone on and on and on about being a size small so she has drawn constant attention to her weight, and if she hadn't, I am not sure people would be so obsessed with it,

I do feel sorry for Julia, but as we all know she has gone on and on and on about being a size small so she has drawn constant attention to her weight, and if she hadn't, I am not sure people would be so obsessed with it,

Exactly!!!

Latest posts

Back