I Must Warn You

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
I tried to watch the tarte hour but it's just unbearable. We have the gasping, the fake amazement and now what feels like veiled threats. DF is not the only culprit but I hate being warned that the phone lines are busy. What's wrong with 'must just let you know' or 'the phone lines are busy so there might be a short delay'. We know we can order if we want to thanks very much. I must warn Q that agressive selling is very offputting.

I didn't see the 3pm show so no idea who did that one, but caught the 6pm show and AD was getting so excited. Thought she swore my BM as it covered her rosacea???

I found the shows and products rather strange to be honest. The Blockbuster kit I was expecting to show and in fact thought it might have sold out at 3pm as no sign at 6pm. People asking for the photo on QVC FB the day before, so QVC put an ad up for this with a photo on their page with link to the products. But it was never ever shown???? Then the deluxe blush kit(I got the number on here from SCW, ordered Friday evening and it shipping Saturday morning:mysmilie_504:), I went and checked the colours on the official Tarte site. This had free shipping which was also a shock, was never shown even though like the Blockbuster available to order on QVC's site. A palette I really wanted to buy has not gone live yet, the Energy Noir one. I feel like for all the QVC OMG its Tarte!!!! They never actually showed much new for the two shows. SCW did say there at two day shows on 18th and 19th this month. A bit late for people wanting to buy for parties and even chrissy presents are will they arrive in time????

I can imagine, shes always like that I can't stand the woman, she must think the majority of QVC customers can't read seen as though her usual spiel is right there on the left and bottom of the screen for all to see, just proves she's really got nothing to say except "get yours! get yours now!" So not such a seasoned presenter after all..........wonder if they've realised this in China yet?

I can imagine, shes always like that I can't stand the woman, she must think the majority of QVC customers can't read seen as though her usual spiel is right there on the left and bottom of the screen for all to see, just proves she's really got nothing to say except "get yours! get yours now!" So not such a seasoned presenter after all..........wonder if they've realised this in China yet?

Given that in China so much depends on politeness and 'face', I cannot help but wonder how DF's finger wagging commands went down.

I watched the Tarte show yesterday Chloe presented. She and Lee talked so fast and got louder and louder that I had a headache by the end of it. I was glad to switch off for some peace.

I am also beginning to get slightly skeptical with regards of the 'phone lines are busy' box that seems to be coming up more and more often, is this because staff have been made redundant at the contact centre, or that they are genuianly busy, I can't honestly see that it is the latter, especially when it pops up on shows that you would not necessarily think would be that busy.

We are in the season of superlative overload ( commonly known as the hard sell).I have listened to Chloe but she is by no way the only presenter whose every other word is amazing, beautiful,wonderful,stunning,magnificent,superb,spectacular,exquisite etc. etc. Perhaps they have an auto queue with these words to pick out in front of them.There is a happy medium of getting the message across & then going into 'silly time' for me most have gone into the latter category.

Most of the 'stuff' on Q has never been heard of before by us Brits (like me, never heard of Tarte - thought it was food !, or Doll 10 or any of the other Yankee brands), so all the superlative adjectives are brought to the fore, to tell us how 'fantastic' it all is. Don't bother loves, I use either John Lewis or Superdrug to buy my lippy's.

Don't watch either Debbie or Chloe - they are just too much. Chloe shouting and spouting guff and Debbie just being her annoying self. I seek out Jilly Halliday now as I like watching her, she is just normal and I'm far more likely to buy something (if I were buying lol) than some of the others. Don't buy make up myself and I think the items on QVC are pretty expensive although some of the TSV's are probably good value.

CC

To be fair Tarte is really well known in the UK if you read any beauty forums or blogs. People being wanting it to come to the UK for ages. Its a brand that is in Sephora and other places bricks and mortar. Doll 10 doesn't really get much spac, appart from on here and QVC FB page. Will say they are getting rid of YBF in favour of Doll 10.

Oh, I didn't even know they had Tarte shows on Monday!!!:doh: Shows how much attention I pay to QVC.

G
To be fair Tarte is really well known in the UK if you read any beauty forums or blogs. People being wanting it to come to the UK for ages. Its a brand that is in Sephora and other places bricks and mortar. Doll 10 doesn't really get much spac, appart from on here and QVC FB page. Will say they are getting rid of YBF in favour of Doll 10.

Oh, I didn't even know they had Tarte shows on Monday!!!:doh: Shows how much attention I pay to QVC.

I like Tarte but find Chloe's delivery a bit too full on for me. I went for the blushers before they aired. Was disappointed at the lack of new products and felt that the shows were a bit samey!

Don't watch either Debbie or Chloe - they are just too much. Chloe shouting and spouting guff and Debbie just being her annoying self. I seek out Jilly Halliday now as I like watching her, she is just normal and I'm far more likely to buy something (if I were buying lol) than some of the others. Don't buy make up myself and I think the items on QVC are pretty expensive although some of the TSV's are probably good value.

CC

Oh I couldn't agree more, shouty Everton gets on my Chesticles and as for DF, how long have you got? Everything's expensive on QVC, and yes some of the "TSVs" are good value if you use everything, but the same applies singularly the item, if not an American brand sold only on QVC, you'd find cheaper elsewhere.

I would never buy make up without seeing it for real in shops, shades are too hit and miss to order from Q.

Our Debenhams has just had a bit of a change around. Bare Minerals has been relegated to the back wall behind other counters, and Urban Decay has taken it's place in a prime position opposite Clarins. Origins has gone too, is BM less popular these days?

One look at Chloe Evertons make-up put me off before I even considered tuning in, it looks amateurish and badly applied, dated too. It does nothing to enhance her features. YouTube bloggers are the best experts on make-up tutorials and they are much easier to listen to. I would never trust a QVC presenter to inform me of beauty products, sales are their only incentive and Debbie Flint and Chloe Everton are willing to say anything to shift stock. In my opinion.

I would never buy make up without seeing it for real in shops, shades are too hit and miss to order from Q.

Our Debenhams has just had a bit of a change around. Bare Minerals has been relegated to the back wall behind other counters, and Urban Decay has taken it's place in a prime position opposite Clarins. Origins has gone too, is BM less popular these days?

We have a massive new BM counter open in Boots. In Debenhams the counter is a corner unit tagged onto the large YSL counter, I was told by a friend who works in the store that the size depends on the amount the company themselves are willing to pay. Urban Decay out sells BM by thousands of units, because they bring new palettes etc out all the time. Urban Decay where in Boots for years then pulled out as they wanted to go more up market in department stores. Also people looked in Debenhams got makeups done then went to Boots and bought to get the points on the Boots card.:mysmilie_17: Urban Decay have just opened a new counter in House of Fraser here. I think BM is seen as old school and to be honest its older women I do see at the counter in Debenhams.

I have a few bloggers I trust to do proper swatches of shades and compare to others which are very similar(these are called Dupes, so is there a shade the same but cheaper brand etc), the Beauty Professor is brilliant for foundation and compares all brands to MAC so know your MAC you are flying. I am a MAC NW20-23. Because of where I live its online 90% of the time for brands I want.

Latest posts

Back