I must complain more ...!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyMum

Registered Shopper
I think I mentioned somewhere recently the fact that my £19 Chantecaille eyebrow pencil lasted me for about 3/4 weeks due to me being unable to sharpen it and get a point on the damn thing. Unfortunately I'd lost the receipt so was unable to take it back to Space NK and see if I could get a replacement - I have been in contact with them however, asking if they had a contact at Chantecaille - I emailed the address they supplied - nothing - and since then I have twice tried using the "Contact Us" on the website, to no avail - I told them that their customer service was atrocious and that I wasn't just going to go away, it had become a point of principle to me now and I'm like a dog with a bone when I want to be! Anyway, I emailed my contact at Space NK again this morning with an update (ie nothing's happened!) and she mailed back and told me that she'd been in touch and forwarded all my mails to the UK Area Manager of Chantecaille and that he was appalled that I'd been ignored - she asked if I was willing to supply a phone number so that he could ring me. Well I did, and he duly called quite quickly and such a nice chap he sounded and we had quite a long conversation - upshot is I am not only getting my duff pencil replaced but I am booked in for a make-over with his make-up artist when she visits our branch next month! Make-overs, I have to say, aren't really "me", I've never fancied it, and I opened my mouth to say thanks but no thanks, the replacement pencil will do, but somehow I found myself saying oh that would be great thank you and booking myself in for 11am..! Must've been his Irish charm! He said she would make me beautiful..I said well that will be a first! So glad tho that I persevered with my complaint - these big companies sometimes need a real kick up the rear end to wake them up to the fact that the customer counts! :up:

Good for you Carol! These companies need to wake up to the fact that without happy customers they're zilch! Like you I'm like a dog with a bone once I get the bit between my teeth (Mixed metaphors!! ) but sometimes I just let it go for an easy life and end up seething with rage. Much better to tackle it straight away! Enjoy your makeover!!

Yay, good for you!

My mum and sister went for some kind of makeover session, and they said they picked up loads of skincare/make up tips, so it was well worth it.

And please, BM, can I send you in to kick ass against Hong Kong eBay seller szdepot88, who's just ripped me off? :headbang:

Ta. :happy:

Please let us know how you get on Busymum. Bet you spend more money:doh:

Chantecaille is a lovely brand.

I've only ever used the eyebrow pencil Donna, but yes, I shouldn't be at all surprised if I'm parted from a few bob after the make-over!

Yay, good for you!

My mum and sister went for some kind of makeover session, and they said they picked up loads of skincare/make up tips, so it was well worth it.

And please, BM, can I send you in to kick ass against Hong Kong eBay seller szdepot88, who's just ripped me off? :headbang:

Ta. :happy:

It's the thought of sitting in the shop being stared at that does me, hope I don't chicken out before the day! I've told DD she's coming with me both for moral support and to remember the hints & tips I shall forget!

Sorry about your eBay experience tho Sublime..have never used it tbh, haven't a clue, and frightened of exactly what's happened to you..hope you can get some redress ..fingers crossed

Today was my big day - the MAKEOVER...! :sweat:

It wasn't a bad experience tbh..I'd dreaded sitting there the centre of attention but apart from the girls working there I think only another two or three people came in and they didn't stand gawping - anyway, lovely little girl she was, the make-up artist as promised by Paul the Area Manager, Chinese, unfortunately I couldn't tell half of what she said but she was nice! I'd put the bare minimum of make up on as no way I was going out of the house without any, so she cleansed, toned & moisturised me, and off we went...the works, that is, apart from eyebrows, as she said had I pencilled those in myself..I was talented..! And there I was waiting to see what she'd do with them but I came home with the same ones I went out with!! Nice eye shadow base, purple shadow and liner - wow - well she could see I was a purple girl from my scarf and my Kipling bag! Black mascara, and she curled my lashes first, said weren't they long...well yes, they always have been! Bane of my life sometimes with getting black tramlines on my specs! I had sculpted cheekbones with bronzer, then some pink blusher, and finally a rose pink lipstick..not what I'd normally choose, but DD said it was a super colour. I have to say she did a good job on me..well it's her job I know, but here am I an OAP, BUT, by the time we'd done a bit of shopping and got home, the make up was almost gone, lippy certainly and I'd had nothing to eat or drink - eyeliner still there and mascara, but shadow gone - my skin must be as absorbent as a microfibre cloth! Perhaps I should advertise myself - "rub my face in your chip pan, it will come up sparkling clean.."!! However, it was an enjoyable experience, and I came home with a few samples, but I didn't buy anything - she wrote me down a list of everything she'd used, but didn't push me to buy, and judging by how it's sunk into my skin, I don't think I will, apart from the eyebrow pencil - oh yes! - I did get my free replacement! I'd taken the stub of pencil down with me, and the photo I'd wanted to send to Chantecaille if they hadn't ignored me, of all the sharpenings on a paper towel with what was left of a full size pencil.

All in all...enjoyed my day and would say to anyone else who's hesitant - go for it! :rock:

So glad you had a great experience BusyMum and we all deserve a bit of a pamper now and again. I have dry mature skin too, am not far off 60 and a number of makeup brands tend to sink into my skin too. Through trial and error I`ve now found the brands which work for me and have found the mineral eyeshadows from a site called Elemental Beauty to be the absolute best for longevity. They come in little pots, umpteen different shades and last forever.

I'm always on the quest for the perfect foundation Vienna..obviously today's wasn't it! I find my Gosh one isn't bad, but, must admit I spend most of the time on prepping...primer, Gosh BB (undercoat!), Gosh foundation, and tea tree concealer - eye primer (Mavala) followed by eye primer (Spackle - which covers the purple eyelids that come with age!), and powder to set. The rest, eyebrows, cheeks, mascara and lippy, takes about two minutes! Must have a look at your Elemental Beauty website, that sounds interesting - ta!

I don't think Chantecaille do a eye primer, that no doubt the reason the shadow faded on you. Glad you had fun though.

Best new foundation, Armani Maestro. Melts into the skin as if you have nothing on, no need to powder. Comes in a bottle with a dropper.

So glad you had a great experience BusyMum and we all deserve a bit of a pamper now and again. I have dry mature skin too, am not far off 60 and a number of makeup brands tend to sink into my skin too. Through trial and error I`ve now found the brands which work for me and have found the mineral eyeshadows from a site called Elemental Beauty to be the absolute best for longevity. They come in little pots, umpteen different shades and last forever.

Interesting website - thanks Vienna - I like the sound of the non-drying lipsticks too. I was 60 in the summer so need all the help I can get!!

I don't think Chantecaille do a eye primer, that no doubt the reason the shadow faded on you. Glad you had fun though.

Best new foundation, Armani Maestro. Melts into the skin as if you have nothing on, no need to powder. Comes in a bottle with a dropper.

It deffo all needed a primer, my chops eat make-up! The eyeshadows were Peony & Tanzanite - I think she used the Peony (palest pink) all over, as a base/highlighter, and the Tanzanite for shaping - I could never do it like that, but then again I don't wear shadow on a daily basis.

Does the Armani give good coverage? I need something thick enough to cover my broken capillaries, but with enough slip to allow me to work it..the old Gosh one was perfect, the new one thinner, which is why I use their BB under it, but it's like the quest for the perfect pillow, I'm always looking for something better than what I've got!

Latest posts

Back