I love Julian

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

janie, they all do that, its an act, camera not quite out of sight, friendly chit chat / handshake / peck on cheek , for the viewers still watching, a ploy :) Or maybe i'm an old cynic

yes i have seen it with others but his is the only one that looks genuine - to me.

He might be a good old northern lad but he's spent years trying to lose his natural accent and talk 'proper' and it makes his voice sound even worse.

I cant stand it when people try to hide their accents, its as if theyre ashamed of where they come from. It doesnt make you a better person if you speak with a plum in your mouth.

Something about him doesn't ring true to me. It's as though he's playing the professional Northerner in the same way I think Cilla Black acts the professional Liverpudlian and Lulu a professional Scot.

I cant stand it when people try to hide their accents, its as if theyre ashamed of where they come from. It doesnt make you a better person if you speak with a plum in your mouth.

I agree YORKO, can never understand why people have to change their accent anyhow, unless its for a part in a film/soap/play or something. Here in Northern Ireland I don't think we try to hide our local dialects, there are a few different versions of our accent, they vary from town to town, I kid you not. My accent is mixed as I went to school in Belfast but was raised in a village in Co.Armagh 20miles or so away.

I doubt he's lived in whatever place he originates from for about 20 years so his accent is bound to change.

I doubt he's lived in whatever place he originates from for about 20 years so his accent is bound to change.

I think his accent has changed since he started at Q IMO. I am a 'Black Country' girl and NOT a Brummie and although I never change my accent normally, find that I have to alter it slightly on meeting people from different areas as they cannot understand what I say! :thinking:

Have never been a huge Julian fan, something not right or sincere. Must find finger to put it on. X

I think his accent has changed since he started at Q IMO. I am a 'Black Country' girl and NOT a Brummie and although I never change my accent normally, find that I have to alter it slightly on meeting people from different areas as they cannot understand what I say! :thinking:

That irritates the crap out of me being mistaken for a brummy:mysmilie_19:... I am from South staffs , and sound nothing like a brummy.. I have got a friend from Cork & I still struggle to understand all the conversation after 20 years of knowing him

Latest posts

Back