I Just saw Amica at lunchtime! ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was once sat on the next table to Gary Beadle (played Paul Trueman in Eastenders), he was wearing a baseball cap and obviously trying to keep a low profile,he was such a sweetie, a lady and her 2 children came and sat at the table with him, and it was obvious that it was only when she had already sat down that she realised he was famous, he was absolutely charming to them, and when one of her kids accidentally knocked over a drink he rushed to get some napkins, and cleaned it up for them, then he obligingly had his photo taken with the kids, what an absolute charmer, I was very impressed.

I stumbled across Robert de Niro once in London and asked if I could take his picture with my daughter as it was her 2nd birthday. He said "no!", miserable git, I have hated him ever since for that. Two seconds that is all it would have taken ....

I did once have lunch at the same table (a very, very long one!) as Paul Daniels and Debbie McGee as well as June Whitfield. All very nice and the lovely Debbie really is! And very, very pretty too!

I ws out with a group of friends at Limonia restaurant in Primrose Hill when we saw Sharon Stone - she was incredibly thin and all the men were very disappointed with her 'real life' look - she was also very surly and sour faced! Met Teddy Sherringham (ex Totteham, Man Utd and West Ham) when he was at his peak and with his then partner Nicola Smith (sister of Mandy who was married to Bill Wyman) at Faces nightclub - have to say, they were both charming even though I was the worse for wear.
Sat in front of an unmade up Twiggy who was watching her husband Leigh Lawson in The Merchant of Venice - she was absolutely beautiful and natural looking, once saw the Queen Mother in the West End in her limo - I was struck by how much she looked like my grandma - met Princess Alexandra, she was charming, and at the same occasion Linda Robson of Birds of a Feather, who was lovely. My grandpa was introduced at a Fete at the home where he lived to Lesley Joseph at the height of her 'Birds of a Feather' fame - she posed for a photo with him and he then, at the top of his voice, said 'who's that woman' - she was very gracious!!
Also know Simon Amstell's family and can tell you that he has worked really hard to get on and, contrary to what that Preston said, is not a public schoolboy, he went to the local comp!!

I met Marti Pellow once in our local chip shop in Helensburgh.

Also met Terry Butcher and Chris Woods (Glasgow Rangers footballers) at a Royal Navy Ball.

And Bryan Ferry came to my town to be Best Man at his drummer Paul Thompson's wedding to a local girl and met him at the wedding. He seemed quite shy really.

Oh yes eileen you are so old-not! You forget that people on here know you in real life! I also think you are wearing extremely well-either that or the Laura Geller is doing a great cover up job lol!
Hey Suz, you've spelt my name wrong..... it's Helena, the other version of Eileen! Must tell you this, hubby is not English and has worked in a few up market restaurants in his time. Funny thing is, when a celebrity comes in, he knows the face and phones me up trying to describe them to me so that I can work out who he is serving. The times he has rung and said..." she's blonde, comes on tv, that programme, you know it...." thank goodness now for credit cards [this was years ago BTW] as he can read the name off it now! Funniest one was Ozzie Osbourne and Sharon when she must have been expecting Kelly. Can you imagine how he described them? The one that did get through without me getting an autograph was Lauren Bacall. He came home and said he'd just served Dirk Bogarde's wife.....!

Went to the Young Vic and sat behind April Ashley, [she/he was the first well known sex change celeb-am I allowed to say that?] My friend couldn't stop looking at her, she was so outstanding in some Christian Dior hat and tent coat, long gloves, the lot. I also saw Una Stubbs there when she was married to Nicky Henson. He was in a play and she must have come along to watch. She sat very near me and giggled at everything he said. She was so tiny and wore a bright purple trouser suit. Gosh my memory, I can't believe it!!

Latest posts

Back