I Just saw Amica at lunchtime! ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

dale winton tried to pick me up in a nightclub. it was his pets win prizes days... so not very auspicious! he was very orange.

The Queen nearly ran MrMc and I off the road, when we were in Scotland a few years ago.

She was driving a landrover, VERY fast, along weeny windy roads......and was definitely NOT in a mood to give way to us!!

Does she think she OWNS the road or something???? :D

We sat in our car looking like this :eek::eek::eek:

Another landrover came along behind (presumably her detectives) and they were hooting with laughter and pointing at us, sitting in the car looking gobsmacked!

Back in the 80's I saw Dirk Bogarde in a little book shop in London. I had just read his very first book 'A postillion struck by lightning' which is the story of his childhood and early adulthood/time in the war. I loved it so much I started watching all his films and subsequently became a huge fan-to say I was startstruck lol! He kissed my hand and told me I was 'a pretty one' (I was only in me early 20's.)He was surprised that I knew who he was lol! Have never forgotten it and was very sad when he had his strokes and eventually died.

I met Liz Earle in Marks and Spencer with her two children. Had a little conversation. The children couldn't stop giggling when I asked for her autograph! Yeah I'm sad , I know!
Saw LaToya Jackson in Fenwicks. She had all of those beefy minders around her while she was trying to look at the blushers in the cosmetics dept.
Saw Roger Moore in Swann and Edgar[now HMV I think in Piccadilly] Couldn't help noticing how creased his suit was.
My daughter saw Bill Oddie in Hamstead. She was frightened to speak to him as he looked like he was in a foul mood.
The same daughter was out with her friend somewhere and Toby Anstis tried to chat up her friend. He got as far as phone numbers and was in touch with her quite a bit.
In the late 60's, I used to go to Vidal Sassoon in Bond Street [when haircuts cost £1.16 shillings, when they went up to £2.60 I stopped going!] and saw a host of celebs. Susan Hampshire was one and Jacqueline Bisset before she went to Hollwood! My hairdresser couldn't stop raving about her while he was cutting my hair and I was getting a bit worried tbh that he was going to cut my ear off!
When I came out, I followed Paul McCartney all the way down Bond Street [wot a stalker eh!] and then saw Twiggy in Miss Selfridge. This was my lucky day, I was only about 17 so I was so excited. Starstruck, moi...
Bye the way, I'm extremely old now, I like to say I was born between Twiggy and Lulu so work that out....yes, big birthday this year lol.

I've seen quite a few famous people but my absolute claims to fame by association are that I was once 'live' on Oprah in Chicago (well she speed-walked past me with camera in toe), and was on 'Rosie O' Donnell' when I was in WDW in Florida and she was in the Dinosaur ride car ahead of mine with camera in toe, I met a bloke from Canadian group the Tragically Hip (right, I hadn't heard of them either but they are BIG) in a queue at a hockey match and I once shook hands with the late Charlton Heston and he called me 'ma'am'!
I did once see Commander Riker from Star Trek the Next Generation at the airport when he was standing about two feet away and I was so starstruck I was also struck dumn and went very red - yeah, I'm a Trekkie! Funny how I have to travel far from home to see anyone!

dale winton tried to pick me up in a nightclub. it was his pets win prizes days... so not very auspicious! he was very orange.

How awful for you! :11: I can remember spotting Freddie Mercury and Kenny Everett when they were frequently to be found in bars in Girls Court or in Heaven (the nightclub that is - not where they are now!) :21: Was extremely young myself at the time, of course!

The only 'celeb' that ever showed any interest in me was the blond one with glasses who used to present Blue Peter...Mark someone. :31:

One of my mates met Mani (looking a little worse for wear):54: at the Reading Festival.:D

Everyone looks worse for wear at Reading festival lol

Just remebered also.........my husband many moons ago realised he was stood next to Annie Lennox in a club in Leeds,think he was about 19 at the time.he stood there staring at her and embarrasingly said 'You're annire lennox':D........she replied that she was and offered to buy him a drink.He politely refused.........is it cooler to refuse the drink or cooler to say that Annie Lennox bought you a drink?

He also says that up close and personal she is stunning:)

had tickets to soapstar superstar a few years ago and Ben Shepherd kept winking at me ! I was in the front row watching the show.
Years ago I met Lucy Ewing from dallas,not sure of her real name,Charlene something,I was only 11 and it was by the Sacre Coeur in Paris when I was on the french exchange.haha,I got her autograph,she was sooo tiny,she thought it was fab I was from England wow wow she kept saying...very odd!

Everyone looks worse for wear at Reading festival lol

Just remebered also.........my husband many moons ago realised he was stood next to Annie Lennox in a club in Leeds,think he was about 19 at the time.he stood there staring at her and embarrasingly said 'You're annire lennox':D........she replied that she was and offered to buy him a drink.He politely refused.........is it cooler to refuse the drink or cooler to say that Annie Lennox bought you a drink?

He also says that up close and personal she is stunning:)

Always thought of her as stunning, i love the way she carries off really short hair do's.

helena; Bye the way said:
Oh yes eileen you are so old-not! You forget that people on here know you in real life! I also think you are wearing extremely well-either that or the Laura Geller is doing a great cover up job lol!

Many years ago (too many to remember) I sat next to Lulu during an Adam Ant concert.

Also sat next to Elton John at a Watford Football match once and he shared his sweets with me.

had tickets to soapstar superstar a few years ago and Ben Shepherd kept winking at me ! I was in the front row watching the show.
Years ago I met Lucy Ewing from dallas,not sure of her real name,Charlene something,I was only 11 and it was by the Sacre Coeur in Paris when I was on the french exchange.haha,I got her autograph,she was sooo tiny,she thought it was fab I was from England wow wow she kept saying...very odd!

I can't stand Ben Shepherd

The only 'celeb' that ever showed any interest in me was the blond one with glasses who used to present Blue Peter...Mark someone. :31:

Curry.

dale was very polite and nice really. said he had been looking at me all night but was plucking up the courage to speak. i didnt let on that id seen him on telly :55:

The Queen nearly ran MrMc and I off the road, when we were in Scotland a few years ago.

She was driving a landrover, VERY fast, along weeny windy roads......and was definitely NOT in a mood to give way to us!!

Does she think she OWNS the road or something???? :D

She probably does, you know!

Many moons ago saw Bob Geldof walking one of his daughters to school. Saw Jeremy Beadle at Gatwich airport.
Sat at the next table to Griff Rhys Jones in a bar at a theatre. Vivienne Westwood nearly ran me down twice on her bike. She had a small dog in the front basket. Marcus Brigstock went past me also on a bike the other week. Saw Anthony Heywood in A coffee bar chatting up some blonde. Joan Rivers walked past me once. Saw Jenson Button in a pub a couple of years ago before he started winning.... Walked past Rockefeller Center while Al Roker was presenting the weather. Google him, he's huge in the states. Once saw Joan Collins in a public toilets. She didn't wash her hands. Met David Wilkie and Sharon Davies when I was at school. I think that's about it.

Honor Blackman who was beaming smiles at everyone as she walked past.

Anthony Edwards(Dr.Green in ER), he was going into the chemist next to my doctor's. Thought I was having some of sort vision as how could he be in Belfast. But turned out he was being interviewed for a local show. He was very friendly.

Warren Mitchell/Alf Garnett. Totally embarrassing for me. I kept walking past this man on a saturday morning, he was dressed for jogging but more speed walking. He nodded said Hello and I kept thinking I know your face from somewhere. I'm sure he wondered why this weird woman every saturday kept glaring at him. Months later they showed a play and he was in it.

My mum was friendly with Roy Walker, I was a teenager and totally unimpressed when he used stop talk to her and call her by her first name.

How awful for you! :11: I can remember spotting Freddie Mercury and Kenny Everett when they were frequently to be found in bars in Girls Court or in Heaven (the nightclub that is - not where they are now!) :21: Was extremely young myself at the time, of course!

hate to disappoint you but the Mark you mean is Mark Curry and hes gay
mustve been being friendly!!
saw him in the paper not long back in his weddin gear lol with his friend

hate to disappoint you but the Mark you mean is Mark Curry and hes gay
mustve been being friendly!!
saw him in the paper not long back in his weddin gear lol with his friend

Good Lord, fulhamPHIL will be shocked :3:

Latest posts

Back