I hope you've all put your order in for this cut price beauty product...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just recently I've been using my cart to 'store' products while I think about whether or not I really want it and most times I don't and end up saving money on postage when I don't have to send it back! Somehow I don't think I'll be needing to do this here! I can't believe that anyone could seriously think it's worth that money! I'd love to know how the company justifies that price.

And talking of the company, who is this brand? I've never heard of it before. Where does it come from? Am I not hobnobbing in the right circles? :D

If my skin required sth radical, I would skip miracle creams and follow JRiver's example right away. Costs less.

Just recently I've been using my cart to 'store' products while I think about whether or not I really want it and most times I don't and end up saving money on postage when I don't have to send it back! Somehow I don't think I'll be needing to do this here! I can't believe that anyone could seriously think it's worth that money! I'd love to know how the company justifies that price.

And talking of the company, who is this brand? I've never heard of it before. Where does it come from? Am I not hobnobbing in the right circles? :D

He's a well known (celebrity?!) Dermatologist from the US. His range has been around for years in the high end stores. He also written a number of books, including one encourgaging people to eat lots of fish (salmon I think) for it's anti-aging/anti-inflammatory properties.

What I find most hilarious about this product is the fact that it's stored/presented in a jar. So even if it contained the elixir of youth itself, as soon as you expose it to air all the active ingrediants 'die' and it becomes nothing better than oil/water/some encapsulated vitamins. That's it! I am a great believer and follower of Paula Begoun (the Cosmetics Cop!) and she often breaks down the ingrediants in these ultra expensive moisturisers, it's a real eye opener! If any of these ingrediants are to be effective over the life of the product it would need to be in an airless pump and a dark coloured bottle (the one thing he did get right!).

Saying that, I'm going to buy 15 to give away to shift workers/factory workers/new mums/as stocking fillers/tree decorations (yes, apparently you can use L'Occitane soaps as tree decorations!! :giggle:), teachers presents or to make beauty hampers with 400 other products which surprisingly only QVC supply. All presented with Beyonce/Cheryl Cole/J Lo stapled to the top.

Tx :tongue2:

I was also lucky enough to be sent a free bottle of the Facial Serum Prep by the Beauty Bible.

It is THE BEST THING I have EVER used on my face!

I have excellent skin - I am 41 and I have no wrinkles - but it still helped me look better.

The Beauty Bible asked us to apply to just half of the face to compare the difference but after 2 weeks my face looked lopsided and my Neice told me to start applying it all over.

I would LOVE to be able to use it every day, and when I get my next payrise I will treat myself to another bottle. Yes it did smell of fish but it quickly faded. The reviews I've found on http://www.perriconemd.com/product/skin+care/toners+&+serums/serum+prep.do?sortby=ourPicks say that they have sorted out the smell.

In the meantime I think I will buy this:

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229289

I can't wait to see the show :)

A friend who lives in NYC, the one who sent me my first pashmina. She used always send me loads of high end US skincare stuff. Dr. P was one, his samples are good sizes usually 10mls or so. But to be honest it was not different from any other brand and didn't make me want to rush out and buy any of it.

Oh yes his famous salmon diet. Bet any other oily fish would be just as good for you.

All oily fish has the same skin benefits, and there is nothing in this formula to warrant the astronomical cost. It's a shame that so many women fall for the idea that if something is uber expensive it is superior to anything else on the market. Like RedT, I'm amused at the notion of a so-called 'skin expert' using a jar to package a face cream. I would have thought that anyone with even a passing interest in skincare would know that in order for ingredients to remain stable they should be packaged using an airless pump delivery system.

I used to yearn to be able to use a brand like Perricone, but then I started learning about ingredients and now I no longer believe that any cream can do £196's worth of good to anybody's skin.

The hype still sucks me in a little bit, but my rational brain gives my "clicky finger" a stern talking to - and most of the time my money stays in the bank. :sun:

The Stockpile Challenge as part of the F.A.R.T.S. has been very illuminating as well. I have been finishing up all the products in my stash and very few of them have made it onto the "Repurchase once the stockpile is gone" List.

I used to Love Sisley's Sisleya Global Anti Ageing Cream which is priced similarly. but once I looked at the ingredients properly and saw that the main ones are Propylene Glycol and Glycerin, and there is nothing amazing in it to affect how skin works in the long term at all - it's all short term gratification while the stuff is actually on your face - I stopped being able to shell out that much cash and just feel like an idiot really. :eek:

I am totally with you on this one. I really like Paula begouin's stuff. she remains reasonably objective when reviewing brands and it is a real eye opener....

http://www.beautypedia.com/default.aspx

for anyone who hasnt seen her stuff before

OMG!! the beauty buyers at QVC are out of their tiny minds!!!!........i'm still reeling from finding out Darren is the father of Heather's baby and now this!!??,how are we meant to wrap our heads our heads round that by the way??,even if it is pretend...are the Eastenders scriptwriters on acid??...but once again I digress....I can't wait to see the presenter who can pitch this £196 pot of goo with a straight face.

They used to sell this range on QVC years ago and discontinued it. Wonder why they've brought it back again?

I only remember because I once bought some eye serum from the outlet shop which went 'off' and started to smell funny. Mind you, when you buy cosmetics from the outlet shop you don't know how long they have been in the QVC warehouse! I've seen Red Earth cosmetics in there recently and they've not been on air for years! :cheeky:

I used some parts of the range for a couple of years when I could buy it in the States for about half the UK price. Had good results but couldn't justify paying the prices here. Only use the lip plumper now. :wave2:

Savvy shoppers save your money and buy a Clarisonic instead and nearly £50 cheaper when you factor the P+P in, if you opt for the facial only option like I did

Latest posts

Back