I am sorry Mikey but ...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mike has leant how to pronounce 'bincoulars' correctly since he last sold them :grin:
Noticed that
He could really do with some new teeth. His are looking terrible. Anyone see him selling the earphones. Apparently he is very lucky because he doesn't just hear music he feels it as well. He then went on to mispronounce a load of classical composers names. You couldn't make it up.

Just noticed I spelt binoculars wrong :grin:

Ah, well, at least I can say it.

To his credit I heard him say the word "something" correctly recently (it ain't "somethink" me old mucker), so him/his goddess may have been reading this forum if he keeps this good work up. Or Sit-up had received complaints...

Mike mason loves his ladies doesn't he, a total twat and a politically correct ass.I can no longer watch this muppet.Ladies this, ladies that your a sexist PIG mason time to get rid of this ass.Please can we have some decent presenters than this mug, I'll bet he is under the thumb at home with his wife/slash goddess.

Really bugged me last night when he made out the viewers had done them over with the prices. That is pure lies, not even showmanship lies (which I don't like either)

M&M could you ask Mike if we came up with an email of questions he would answer them? Trouble is we never get his side of things so assume the worse. Maybe he could put another slant on this?

PJ

Really bugged me last night when he made out the viewers had done them over with the prices. That is pure lies, not even showmanship lies (which I don't like either)

M&M could you ask Mike if we came up with an email of questions he would answer them? Trouble is we never get his side of things so assume the worse. Maybe he could put another slant on this?

PJ

I really hate that too, and it's not just Mike who does this. I find it extremely rude, I mean HOW DARE THEY address the customers as nothing more than scavenging thieves! If they don't want to charge such a low price for a product, then they shouldn't ****** offer it at that price. Of course they know that if they didn't nobody would buy, but the biggest joke of course, is that however low they go, all the added extras will ensure that the joke's on us, the viewer.

There are I'm sure ways of telling us we're getting a bargain (even though we're technically not) without being so offensive. How about "You're lucky"? Sounds so much nicer than "You're doing us over here"

No asa's for two weeks now, let's hope they don't start getting even more complacent!

I really hate that too, and it's not just Mike who does this. I find it extremely rude, I mean HOW DARE THEY address the customers as nothing more than scavenging thieves! If they don't want to charge such a low price for a product, then they shouldn't ****** offer it at that price. Of course they know that if they didn't nobody would buy, but the biggest joke of course, is that however low they go, all the added extras will ensure that the joke's on us, the viewer.

There are I'm sure ways of telling us we're getting a bargain (even though we're technically not) without being so offensive. How about "You're lucky"? Sounds so much nicer than "You're doing us over here"

No asa's for two weeks now, let's hope they don't start getting even more complacent!

Trust me Merry, they have no reason to get complacent :wink:

If they went back to the old bid up where the viewer bid and the highest bidder won then yes we are in control to a certain extent but make no mistake bid and bid presenters we know you know the final price the day before if not earlier and sentences like "it's quiet so therefore we are going to have to go lower" "it's sunny out so not many viewers so this price is a reward for you staying with us" lies lies lies.

PJ

Mike has leant how to pronounce 'bincoulars' correctly since he last sold them :grin:

He just reverted back to 'binoclears' in his preview but it seemed deliberate to me, hilarious. I suppose it gets people talking about him, which is pretty rare nowadays.

In addition to his previews I have also noticed he regularly does 'crazy' things to get a little bit of airtime on the previous presenters show too.

And we just had the pleasure of watching him eating pizza and talking with his mouth full, which is pretty unpleasant to look at when it's empty.

Vile.

Last edited:
Birkett is selling the shitty Wireless Alarm System. he said they cannot set the alarm off in the studio 'because it will break the speakers'.

But in the absence of even the slightest confirmation of how loud (dB) it actually is, either on screen or on the website, he reassuringly said 'it's really loud'.

Birkett is selling the shitty Wireless Alarm System. he said they cannot set the alarm off in the studio 'because it will break the speakers'.

But in the absence of even the slightest confirmation of how loud (dB) it actually is, either on screen or on the website, he reassuringly said 'it's really loud'.

Didn't he mention that he'd had it verified with Mikeyboy soundwise?

Didn't he mention that he'd had it verified with Mikeyboy soundwise?

He didn't Momma but he did tell a heart wrenching story that someone tried to break into his home last week while he was taking his son to hospital.

Really unlucky that Sit Up lot aren't they? Luckily he has a real alarm system, and a dog. Not something that resembles a 1970's Hand Held Transistor Radio.

Last edited:
Gollum was flogging a Moscow Time Watch. He tried every trick in the book but still ended up with 56 left :happy:

Now he's selling a suit and he's giving his usual spiel, the suit was £120 and he said if his suits cost that he would buy a load at once. I guess it begs the question, why dosen't he?

(oh, the suit went for £30 so I assume he will buy loads of them?)

Last edited:
Gollum was flogging a Moscow Time Watch. He tried every trick in the book but still ended up with 56 left :happy:

Now he's selling a suit and he's giving his usual spiel, the suit was £120 and he said if his suits cost that he would buy a load at once. I guess it begs the question, why dosen't he?

(oh, the suit went for £30 so I assume he will buy loads of them?)

I remember him saying before that his suits are three figures, the high end three figures of course, in case you were thinking 100

He didn't Momma but he did tell a heart wrenching story that someone tried to break into his home last week while he was taking his son to hospital.

Really unlucky that Sit Up lot aren't they? Luckily he has a real alarm system, and a dog. Not something that resembles a 1970's Hand Held Transistor Radio.

this is very harsh wirral

not sure if you saw the handover with paul but he was pretty much in tears having been left with his son (his wife went on holiday) who had pneumonia and had a 40c temperature

i have no reason to doubt his house was targeted there was a recent report stating that burglaries are a lot more common when "scum" see ambulances about.

not sure if you saw the handover with paul but he was pretty much in tears having been left with his son (his wife went on holiday) who had pneumonia and had a 40c temperature

i have no reason to doubt his house was targeted there was a recent report stating that burglaries are a lot more common when "scum" see ambulances about.

Oh you think it's harsh?

I don't. Not when he is shamelessly peddling a piece of crap like that 'alarm' on the premise it will protect you when in fact he openly admits he relies on a permanent wired alarm, and a dog! And how does he reassure us? He says 'it's loud'. Nowhere on the website, or in his pitch does it remotely state it's loudness, it's battery life, nothing. In my opinion that's harsh on the poor suckers who takes him at his word.

Shameless, especially if in fact someone has tried to break into his home, which I might add he didn't seem too upset to mention when it helps him flog his tatt and achieve his targets :headbang:

Last edited:

How true. When my husband was taken to hospital after a large coronary a few years ago. I got back home 2 hours later and found them in the house. It was only 7am, but they'd seen the ambulance, gathered their mates and were starting to take their pick. They either were too thick, or didn't notice that we had cameras on the back and front of the house. Boy were they photogenic! Didn't even have hoods up. I scared them off and the police picked them up within a few hours, but we didn't feel safe in that house again and it was one reasons we moved to somewhere less lonely and smaller

to think a presenter would use the quite severe illness of his son to flog a few alarms (which he barely did anyway) is a stretch i think anyway

unless said presenter is a superb actor they were not crocodile tears

you declined to mention he said about 3 or 4 times during the sale that he realised people may not be in the market for these and if that was the case that is fine

was hardly pressure selling

to think a presenter would use the quite severe illness of his son to flog a few alarms (which he barely did anyway) is a stretch i think anyway

unless said presenter is a superb actor they were not crocodile tears

you declined to mention he said about 3 or 4 times during the sale that he realised people may not be in the market for these and if that was the case that is fine

was hardly pressure selling

Who said he was? I am specifically talking about the alarm sale yesterday and nothing more, I didn't see the other incident you refer to.

I said he was selling a pathetic product with an incredibly disingenuous pitch, supported by a personal attempted burglary story.

To tout that as a product that in anyway will protect your home in a meaningful way is dreadful, especially when he obviously dosen't rely on such garbage himself.

We'll agree to disagree. I have a pending complaint about this guy with the ASA which I personally consider to be one of the most serious breaches of the ASA code I have ever seen. I am sorry about what happened to him but this is a guy whose sales can be very disingenuous so I hope you'll forgive me if I am somewhat cynical about his motives.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back