ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

HP Envy X2 11.6" Touchscreen Convertible Laptop 2GB RAM, 64GB
Item Number: 503231
QVC Price £924.50
Today's Special Value Price £799.92
P&P £9.95

will be on easy pay at 12am

HP Envy x2 convertible laptop and tablet with an Intel Atom dual-core processor and an external HP DVD-RW drive. Powered by Windows 8, this notebook/tablet hybrid device features 2GB RAM, a 64GB solid-state hard drive and Beats Audio technology as well as a separate battery in both the keyboard and tablet sections to keep you going for longer. Enjoy the uncompromising versatility and the sleek brushed aluminium design of this powerful Envy x2 laptop and tablet in one from HP.

Powered by Windows 8 - designed for use with both tablets and conventional laptops and PCs, Windows 8 is the perfect operating system to take you seamlessly from a laptop to a tablet experience.

HD touchscreen display - whether you're using your Envy as a laptop or a tablet you'll love the crisp HD visuals offered by the sleek and stylish 11.6" LED-backlit display boasting a resolution of 1366 x 768.

Plenty of storage - save all your pictures, videos, documents and more on HP Envy x2's spacious, fast and reliable 64GB solid-state hard drive.

Double up on battery life - work on the go for up to 14 hours thanks to the two-cell li-ion polymer batteries in both the tablet section and the keyboard section. You can enjoy up to seven hours of pure tablet time and more when it's connected to the keyboard.

Great value QVC extras - to make sure you get an even better deal, QVC are including a stylish leather sleeve for keeping your Envy x2 safe on the go, as well as an HP external DVD-RW drive for watching DVDs, burning your own discs and installing software on your device.

What's in the box?
HP Envy x2 convertible laptop
Power cord
AC power adaptor
2 x two-cell li-ion polymer batteries
'Begin Here' guide
Envy manual

Added value
Leather ultra portable sleeve
HP USB external nLS DVD-RW drive

Technical specifications:
Display: 11.6" touchscreen HD BrightView LED-backlit (1366 x 768)
Processor: Intel dual-core Atom Z2760 processor (1.8GHz)
Operating system: Genuine Windows 8
Memory: 2GB LPDDR2 RAM
Graphics: Intel HD graphics - up to 782MB
Data storage capacity: 64GB solid state drive plus 7GB SkyDrive cloud storage
Audio: Beats Audio with two speakers and audio playback
Webcam: HP TrueVision 1080p HD webcam with integrated digital mic and rear-facing 8MP camera
Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 HS
Keyboard interface: Chiclet keyboard and touchpad
Tablet interface: touchscreen, Windows 8 button, power button and volume rocker
Battery: 2 x two-cell li-ion polymer battery
Battery life: up to 14 hours when attached and up to seven hours when detached
Dimensions (l x w x d): 30.3cm x 20.6cm x 1.9cm (11.9" x 8.1" x 0.75")
Weight: combined: 1.41kg; tablet only: 0.7kg

Input/output (keyboard)
2 x USB 2.0
1 x HDMI
1 x SD memory card slot
1 x 3.5mm headphone/mic port

Input/output (tablet)
1 x Micro SD slot
1 x 3.5mm headphone/mic port

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery. UK mainland only, including Northern Ireland.

All measurements are approximate

:devil:Do QVC think we are on 250k a week £800 Tablet with keyboard NO USB 3 SOCKETS at this price it should be standard.
and i hate W8.

Not impressed with the TSV either.
The hinge/dock is so ugly looking and Charlie said it was a work of art.
64gb ssd not very large either.

I am sure the majority of qvc customers are ordinary working people where do they think in these days of austerity people have the kind of cash they want for computers, tablets etc.

I gave up on my Kindle Fire HD, gave it to a friend, and bought an iPad Mini. I cannot see the purpose of the TSV. The only thing I can think of is that it's trying to emulate the new Windows tablet which has a cover that converts to a keyboard. Saw it in John Lewis last week. It's huge which defeats the portability objective of tablets.

Sent from my new Apple iPad 32GB WiFi White using Tapatalk

Although providing a portable CD/DVD drive will be a welcome addition to the Envy, it really is defeating the object of purchasing a laptop/tablet hybrid, which is the compactness and portability. One would not expect high specs on this - that is not the reason one would buy it - so if one requires/wants large memory and hard drive then a laptop is the way to go. It is for this reason that I would not consider purchasing the Envy. For the £800 tsv price, one could get a top of the range laptop which will do a lot more and is more worth the money. If one wants the machine to start up in as short a time as possible, the HP Envy is ideal. I really do not think that this item will solve the problem of indecision for those who don't know which to go for - a laptop or a tablet - because the cost of it would buy one of each. For me a laptop is not a gadget, but a necessity. This IS a gadget and HP is hoping that consumers will be attracted to the fact that this is neither one thing nor the other, but both, something of an enigma. Well, it isn't. If you want a tablet, buy a tablet; if you would prefer a laptop and want batter value for money and a higher spec machine, get a laptop.
I don't think this will be as good a seller as HP hope. The consumer is being charged a huge premium for being indecisive.

Exactly. It's a very poor item and you'd be mad to buy it when you could buy a decent laptop and software and a backup device and still have change! I'd rather go for the the surface pro which has a stylus and a remarkable bit of engineering for this type of money.

I gave up on my Kindle Fire HD, gave it to a friend, and bought an iPad Mini. I cannot see the purpose of the TSV. The only thing I can think of is that it's trying to emulate the new Windows tablet which has a cover that converts to a keyboard. Saw it in John Lewis last week. It's huge which defeats the portability objective of tablets.

Why'd you get rid of the Kindle Fire (if you don't mind me asking)?

Tiddlywinks, it just didn't meet my work needs in the end. Don't get me wrong, the Fire HD is great for watching films, listening to music (speakers on it are much better than iPad) and reading books. But it lacks business functionality which I should have thought through better before I bought it. There are lots of legal apps I use for work and accessing them in my iPhone was becoming a pain. I also missed the word processing app, Pages. I sold my iPad 3 because it was too bulky for carrying around at court and in my bag etc, and I was rarely using it because of this. The iPad Mini is just great - my legal apps are easier to see and use, Pages is back and I had forgotten just how user friendly the iPad is. It fits in my bag, is light and is easy to carry around with me. It's the perfect size for my needs. Pity about the price (£269 for 16gb size) but it does do what it says on the tin.

The Kindle Fire HD is really great, but don't buy it if you're hoping to use it at work. It's a strictly entertainment-only tablet.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Rip off! 2GB RAM is a joke these days...it needs a minimum of 4GB bearing in mind it's full Windows 8 and not Windows RT!

And it's 2013, so where the hell are the USB 3.0 ports??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi. I was tempted but i also read some reviews online and decided against it, will be interested to read Qvc's reviews online in a few weeks time.

There were lots of poor independent reviews about it on t'interweb, mainly saying it's very slow and vastly overpriced

It was certainly overpriced for what it is, in my opinion. I think I'll stick with the HP laptop I bought a few months ago, which has a built in CD-rom, more memory and which was a fraction of the cost of the TSV.

To be honest, I think there are too many similar computer based TSVs and, personally, I've not got the money to waste just because they say it's the latest model available. Guaranteed, a couple of days later it will be 'out of date' because technology is moving so fast nowadays.

It was certainly overpriced for what it is, in my opinion. I think I'll stick with the HP laptop I bought a few months ago, which has a built in CD-rom, more memory and which was a fraction of the cost of the TSV.

To be honest, I think there are too many similar computer based TSVs and, personally, I've not got the money to waste just because they say it's the latest model available. Guaranteed, a couple of days later it will be 'out of date' because technology is moving so fast nowadays.

That is Moore's law (may have spelt name wrong).

Twice as good and half the price every 18 months.

I love my Kindle fire HD for games and reading and a little surfing, but I am so glad I didn't get this HP even though seriously tempted as a replacement for my elderly laptop. I definitely need a new laptop, but I am really confused as to what I should get. The Toshiba is clunking to the end of its life and it is one hundred years old in laptop terms, I am intending to get a external disk drive to save anything precious that is on there, then maybe the best thing is to trade it in and buy another larger Toshiba as this one has been virtually bombproof.

Latest posts

Back