How To Go Bust Quickly!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JW2

Registered Shopper
Why oh why don't they invest in a good website and some good tech guys, I yet again can't access my account, basket, many items, I can't purchase anything as it is constantly going to an error page, wow it really is first class incompetence!! :mysmilie_10:

I do loads of internet shopping and, without a doubt, QVC Uk is the worst site I have ever used. Products go on air and the picture is all too often not available. The details/information about the products is extremely limited and the pictures provided are often very poor eg no lists of ingredients for cosmetics, jewellery with no close up of the clasp, earrings with no illustration of the fastenings and garments with no info about washing or dry cleaning. I frequently go onto the QVC Us site to see if the items are on sale there. The information on there is much more helpful. I also really miss the videos with the products too. I am always infuriated by the constant "grey screen" when you try to zoom in on an iPad and it is so annoying not to be able to get into your account. Not good enough for such a big company as QVC.

The older version of the system worked better, it did crash usually on BCC events but mostly managed to hang in. QVC are more interested in tapping the App etc now than actually fix or do something about the site. I said before, I have actually gone back to using QCut, it works and you get your order. The RED BUTTON is missed by so many.

The funny thing I have noticed of late is when you first go on the site in the wee box showing on air item (which we all know was 3 items behind) I now get a quick flash of some totally unrelated item, often spanx, before the" 3 behind "item appears.

There's a name for that ploy of flashing pictures so quickly your brain may not even register them - I can't remember, but the practice is insidious. It plants a small image in your brain of something you might not have thought of buying and suddenly you begin thinking about buying that particular thing.

Subliminal advertising- which I thought was ILLEGAL in the UK!!!

I wondered about the random items! I thought it was frozen from my last access, lol, but I can't think it is much of an advertising tool.

It truly is astonishing that a big company is still operating with such a poor website and app. They are about 3-4 years behind all other major retailers, and given the growing importance of online shopping it's remarkable that they haven't put more money into this area. If Q ever do go bust it will be because they've been so slow to move with the times.

They can't use the excuse of busy hours crashing the site/app, even at busy periods there's no way their site will be receiving as much traffic as major high street retailers. It's such a poor excuse for underfunding in technology.

At the moment Q don`t have a lot going in their favour as far as I can see.
Website keeps crashing
Not enough stock, especially of popular tsv`s
High p and p
Apps not working
People turning off because of presenters shouting or hard selling
High prices, very few actual bargains

And that`s before you get to delivery or refund problems, faulty goods or advanced order issues.

I see Spanx all the time too !!
I keep getting `400 Bad Request` error message and not being techy at all don`t know whether its my fault or theirs!! :(
I thought it had made me miss out on a K&C cardigan so had to phone up only to be told the colour that Cordelia was wearing wasn`t in stock and wasn`t before the show ...but it doesn`t seem to matter that they can play fast and loose with us messing us about all the time !!

Subliminal advertising- which I thought was ILLEGAL in the UK!!!

I wondered about the random items! I thought it was frozen from my last access, lol, but I can't think it is much of an advertising tool.

I'm not sure they are smart enough for this I think it just a crap website and the 12 year olds in charge.

I always place my order on QVCUK.com. I think it is an excellent website, easy to navigate, and informative. Never had a problem with it.

I don't order much these days but I haven't had any problem with the website. Maybe I've just been lucky and I suppose none of my orders has been in the midnight rush for a popular TSV like Elemis or Kipling.

I always place my order on QVCUK.com. I think it is an excellent website, easy to navigate, and informative. Never had a problem with it.

Seriously!! How often do you use it? Can't be more than once a year or your having us on as sorry that's impossible!

At the moment Q don`t have a lot going in their favour as far as I can see.
Website keeps crashing
Not enough stock, especially of popular tsv`s
High p and p
Apps not working
People turning off because of presenters shouting or hard selling
High prices, very few actual bargains

And that`s before you get to delivery or refund problems, faulty goods or advanced order issues.

This last two weeks I've had another slew of problems with Q and this time some are so bad that I'm penning a complaint To Liverpool Trading Standards I've had enough of their, most must be illegal, shenanigans!

I see Spanx all the time too !!
I keep getting `400 Bad Request` error message and not being techy at all don`t know whether its my fault or theirs!! :(
I thought it had made me miss out on a K&C cardigan so had to phone up only to be told the colour that Cordelia was wearing wasn`t in stock and wasn`t before the show ...but it doesn`t seem to matter that they can play fast and loose with us messing us about all the time !!

It's not you it's their fault but they have an amazing ability to never take responsibility for anything!

I've never had a problem with the website either. I usually use QCut but also order from the website if I want something that's not on air at the time.

Latest posts

Back