How much???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A very very disturbing thing happened to me last week. I bought some almond stollen pieces covered in dark chocolate from Lidl it was £2.50 a huge bag of this outrageously decadent feast. There was chunks of marzipan in it as well. I cannot go near where it is again because I am weak
I have to get some, they sound right up my street.

You're so right Twilight. We have to ask ourselves what is more important to us. But the Pimms Pud sounds nice, and we're allowed to munch on 'naughty' things a bit at Christmas, and then put a halt on it.
I don't drink alcohol in January & February, don't like chocolate & a few years ago I developed an intolerance to baker's yeast so no bread items, even though I can cope with bread sauce & Christmas pud. The positive aspect means that any weight I put on after eating the pud, rum butter or too much cheese doesn't stay around for long once grim January begins.

A very very disturbing thing happened to me last week. I bought some almond stollen pieces covered in dark chocolate from Lidl it was £2.50 a huge bag of this outrageously decadent feast. There was chunks of marzipan in it as well. I cannot go near where it is again because I am weak
Very few people seem to like marzipan or for that matter fruit cake but I do, especially marzipan (Ritter is v good) . The only reason i only have a small portion of Christmas pudding and mince pies is because they are so sweet not because of the fruit.

The last few years Marks did frangipani mince pies, they were to die for but as rare as hens teeth so I used to fill the freezer with them. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be doing them this year.

Very few people seem to like marzipan or for that matter fruit cake but I do, especially marzipan (Ritter is v good) . The only reason i only have a small portion of Christmas pudding and mince pies is because they are so sweet not because of the fruit.

The last few years Marks did frangipani mince pies, they were to die for but as rare as hens teeth so I used to fill the freezer with them. Unfortunately they don’t seem to be doing them this year.

I love marzipan, and yes those mince pies were absolutely gorgeous, and you’re right I couldn’t see them either...........oh I miss the yummyness. ❤️

I don't drink alcohol in January & February, don't like chocolate & a few years ago I developed an intolerance to baker's yeast so no bread items, even though I can cope with bread sauce & Christmas pud. The positive aspect means that any weight I put on after eating the pud, rum butter or too much cheese doesn't stay around for long once grim January begins.

I haven’t drank for a bout 30 years now, the husband without fail buys a bottle of Baileys just in case I fancy a drink............I unscrew the top in case anyone wants one, then it gets binned every June. ❤️😂

I haven’t drank for a bout 30 years now, the husband without fail buys a bottle of Baileys just in case I fancy a drink............I unscrew the top in case anyone wants one, then it gets binned every June. ❤️😂

BINNED??????? o_O

Surely spirits last for decades, in fact, you pay more for matured whisky.

I've still got whisky and brandy bought duty free from holidays 30 years ago, and never opened as I don't like spirits. They were bought in case I had visitors that wanted some.

Ahh but have they got cream in Strato?
😂❤️ xx

Noooo, use it in your coffee, it’s lovely.

Oooh nice idea llloyd, coffee and cream. 👍🥰 ❤️ xx

The prices are crazy and probably no nicer than Heinz tinned puddings you used to get. I don't usually like to use the term "more money than sense" but in this case I'm willing to make an exception!
I am having a nostalgic moment!! I loved those Heinz tinned puddings.

I buy marzipan to eat as is. I did it from being a child.

My baileys would be vile in coffee as it's the strawberry one. I just keep it in the fridge. I don't throw it out after 6 months.... if it even lasts that long!

Every year we have a Tunis cake (not tuna cake!) , takes me back to being a child and missing my dear late nan. It has become a 'thing' to acutely find one in the supermarket in the run up to Christmas. 🍰

OMG that sounds perfect! Mmm, now to choose a recipe. Maybe Mary Berry's? How perfectly festive her name is, now I think about it!

Latest posts

Back