How much !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This isn't even new material. It was on some tops last year or the year before. I only buy her stuff when I need from ebay now.

Wow and it's not even silk..simply 95% polyester, 5% elastane. You would get something along the same lines in Monsoon for much less and better quality.

The prices are getting silly £72 for a Kim & Co dress http://www.qvcuk.com/Kim-&-Co-Rose-...html?sc=ESPOT&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-7-_-101463

Another example of an affordable range were the prices have increased to way too high in my opinion.
I was not going to buy it but just can't get over the prices in this range now.

This does appear the norm for ranges which are exclusive to the Q. I am a size 2-4 and, consequently, none of the fashion ranges fit me anyway. I recall when she first came to the Q (I was a size 6) and I bought a blouse which, although too big, was comfortable. I think I paid approx £27. Now the prices have escalated dramatically. I have said this before, and I maintain this is the policy : they introduce us to a range, if it is a successful line, with exceptional sales, it's a case of 'we're onto a winner here' and they know that, now people are buying from the range, they have got them hooked and they will pay more for it. I have to commend Kim for her dedication to her fashion range, displayed by the fact that even after all of these years, she doesn't use a 'brand ambassador', but comes over many times each year, to represent the range herself. The impression she gives, rightly so, is that It's her designs and she knows best how to relay to the viewer what she is trying to do, by creating each piece, why she is using certain patterns and fabrics. I admire that.

I like some of Kim's range but I agree the prices have gone up and up compared to some others. The recent TSV was £30 ish with P&P but full price I think it was over £50 for a top and scarf. I have bought one of her dresses for £70 and to be fair it looks great and I like it but for that kind of stretchy material you really would have expected it to be around the £40 mark. Still, they must sell because Kim is on quite a lot.

CC

I paid £125 for a Zegna scarf a couple of years back, but I liked it and still have it.

This particular dress design is at least 3 - 4 years old. That's how long I have had the pistachio version, and I certainly did not pay £72 for it ! I think it was probably £20 cheaper.

This shows that Q do "up" the price of old designs, despite having 'back in stock' deliveries. They rely on new customers, and aren't worried that on Forums like this the older customers can rant and rave, because they know full well that impulse buyers will keep their profits up.

Have to agree. I like some of Kim and Co pieces and have found them useful for work in the past. I don't mind paying a little extra for items that are not made in China but some of Kim's prices just don't stack up against better quality garments found on the high street as others have noted.

I'm not a huge fan of the range....although I do stand by, I bought a dress for my nan who was then in her mid 80's and it was honestly the best thing I ever saw my nan dressed in - and my nan is a very glamorous lady who has thought nothing on spending thousands on her wardrobe.

I do have a couple pieces for work and I have a maxi dress that really is perfect when you dont know what to wear to family do's,BBQ's etc.I do think her range is so overpriced - but I suppose that depends on where you want to wear it.

For instance I would never wear a kim and co item to a wedding,party etc....As an example I've just attended BIL's 40th birthday this past weekend.I bought a dress from episode at house of fraser.It was on a discount spring promotion and I paid about £80 for it.Everyone complimented me on the dress and I felt "nice" in it.£80 is not far off some of the kim and co dresses - and I consider my episode dress far better value.As someone has already said,look what you can buy in Monsoon,Coast etc for £80 ish.

That said Kim and co pieces should be good value for me as I consider them work-wear pieces for me.Working in early years the clothes are comfy and easy wash/wear/care - but then we come back to the original point...the prices!!!! It would be a pretty penny to kit myself out in various trousers,tops,skirts etc...I do look on ebay from time to time and there is an awful of kims stuff in clearance.....so much so that really it should be cheaper in the first place just to shift it.

Latest posts

Back