How much "stuff" do you just never seem to get around to returning?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Posy

Registered Shopper
I've a Laura Geller TSV sitting here and I just can't decide wether to send it back. Like the eyeshadows and blush, but the foundation is frightful. Wonder how many have the same dilemma?

i have had to return 3 rings mainly from the opaque range as the stones fell of. very dissapointing considering the amount og hype round this range,

also a kipling bag but i am mindfull of not returning too much stuff as i dont want to get the letter.
i tend to stick to brands that i am used to the quality to avoid returns but wont keep things i am not happy with.

I try and only buy what I know I'm going to keep. However, I bought a Bare Escentuals TSV and I really didn't get on with it very well. Because it would have cost a fair bit to post back I stupidly kept it and used about half of it and then ditched it. :sad:

Other than that, I've recently sent back a Diamonique ring that they charged £2.95 P&P and it cost me 64p first class!!

I've been bit lazy in the past about sending things back (it's because of the 30 day MBG - I put something aside to think about it - then forget, oops!)

So I'm trying to be really strict with myself - if I'm not sure about something, don't think I will wear/use it, then it goes back STRAIGHT AWAY! Recently I've returned the Lola Rose heart TSV and a lapis ring which I quite liked but once it arrived it seemed lighweight and poor value for money.

Ironically I missed the Laura Geller TSV - would've bought it for the foundation alone, which I love!

I have to say if something doesn't match expectation, I do not hesitate to return it. That's what the money-back guarantee is about, after all. My returns haven't numbered all that many but sometimes this cannot be avoided. I have never found it a problem and, as a result, don't have piles of stuff that I always meant to return but didn't lying around.

I'm very good - I've only returned one item because I was allergic to it. The other items I've had to return were due to QVC messing up the orders and sending the wrong size/colour etc so all went back on pre-paid envelopes LOL. I tend to have a good think before I hit the send button as it's a real hassle for me to get to the Post Office :angel:

I have absolutely no problem in sending anything back. If it isn't the standard I expect, it goes back. I want my P&P refunded if its within 7 days (Direct Selling) and if there is anything wrong with it (even just not the quality they stated), I ring CS and ask for a returns label. I have a pair of B&W earrings upstairs waiting to go to the Post Office when I am next off work. I have no problems with just send them back. Why? Because they make me look like Pat Butcher....
Everyone should remember THEY (eg QVC) are lucky to have us. Its not the other way round. We have already discussed how QVC is loosing its lead and there are many other web sites I check first for items such as my Decleor.
As for the letter, I am probably some way off the 'letter'. However, if it did come, so what?? I hear John Lewis, M&S, Amazon, Fenwicks, Boots would love to have my hard earned cash. They also have excellent returns policy and don't always charge P&P. The only thing I think QVC is good for in terms of 30day money back guarantee is the beauty as you might have used it and be sending 1/3 of a pot missing. However, you think in terms of other goods eg clothing, kitchenware...you send them back mostly for being faulty or it doesn't fit. Its mostly in these two brackets. You can hardly be blamed for that!!
Everyone today..watch QVC..... and remember the customer is always right.....

I never used to return stuff - couldn't be bothered to go to post office but now I do. Have returned jewellery, a Dennis B coat which they arranged to be collected. I ordered a rose gold egg pendant the other day from last clicks, it was only £34 and a few years ago I would probably have kept it but it isn't that nice and the bale seems a bit loose so it is going back. I always think more about what I am buying now and as everyone has said in other threads the stuff from QVC isn't that great anymore, same old same old.

no problems sending stuff back, if I do not immediately love it when I open the package, back it goes. I hate the hassle of packing stuff and loathe wasting at least 20 mins queing in my very busy local poat office (but appreciate i am lucky to live very near one) but can't stand the thought of QVC having my money for a minute longer than it should if I am not satisfied with their goods. As others have pointed out there are plenty of other retailers now offering better deals and more choice. I grow less and less enamoured with QVC as I find them stale, expensive and repetative. They need grabbing by the scruff of the neck and dragging into the 21st centuary.

just received a pair of Joseph Esposito earrings which I ordered on a whim ( must learn to curb this) & they are going back.They are smaller than I expected & one of the butterfly fastenings is very stiff but most of all the total cost was over £33 which is way OTT.I was in Accessorize yesterday & could have bought similar for a fraction of that cost.Luckily I have a handy Post Office which make returning easy.

I've a Laura Geller TSV sitting here and I just can't decide wether to send it back. Like the eyeshadows and blush, but the foundation is frightful. Wonder how many have the same dilemma?

If its a fair foundation stick it on ebay, they're going for pretty good prices. Unfortunately the regular not so much

I always think long and hard about whether to buy something so as of yet I have not returned anything, I would hate the hassle of doing it! My mom has returned one of those quilted satin throws as it wa spoor quality but that is all.

Whats this letter that keeps being mentioned? Are they moaning if you abuse their MBG??!?

My love affair with QVC is well on the decline but I used to buy & return loads. Hence the letter & phone call! Nowadays I rarely buy and really think hard before I do.

I am in exactly the same boat.I got into the habit of buying and returning a fair amount and did recieve the letter.I don't live in fear of the letter - if I have to return something I do,and I don't keep anything I don't like or don't use.I wouldn't want to be chucked out of QVC~I like the option to purchase from them - its certainly easier than the shops for me - however,like its been said Mr M&S and Mrs John Lewis would be over the moon to recieve my money (and I've told qvc this too:cool:)

But in answer to the question - I have no stuff that I don't get round to returning -I always return,as I'd prefer to have the money back,even if it means I've lost the postage costs either way (although no longer under DSR's:happy:)

Well, made my decision, much as i liked the blush and eyeshadow, I didn't like them enough to keep the tsv, so returned it, only £2 postage. Mind u I had to queue nearly half an hour at the PO.

I always think long and hard about whether to buy something so as of yet I have not returned anything, I would hate the hassle of doing it! My mom has returned one of those quilted satin throws as it wa spoor quality but that is all.

Whats this letter that keeps being mentioned? Are they moaning if you abuse their MBG??!?

If you return more than 50% of your purchases, you get a letter from QVC threatening to close your account.
Wouldn't bother me, As a lot of other people say, any other shops are more than happy to take my cash.

I too was wondering what this dreaded letter was!!! Fell about laughing when i heard this. Who do they think they are?? How can you possibly purchase perfume by selling it on TV only.........fashion items vary size wise from different retailers and can't look the same under studio lights. The weight & feel of jewellery items can't be assesed until you get them home.
The only items I buy these days are beauty TSV's........there are other mail order businesses who have a much better customer service ethic.

I've been bit lazy in the past about sending things back (it's because of the 30 day MBG - I put something aside to think about it - then forget, oops!)

So I'm trying to be really strict with myself - if I'm not sure about something, don't think I will wear/use it, then it goes back STRAIGHT AWAY! Recently I've returned the Lola Rose heart TSV and a lapis ring which I quite liked but once it arrived it seemed lighweight and poor value for money.

Ironically I missed the Laura Geller TSV - would've bought it for the foundation alone, which I love!

I too found that I set aside a couple of items, knowing that I should have sent them back ... didn't listen to that little voice saying that "it's ok, but not quite what I was expecting". Now I am angry for not returning a few things (one bracelet in particular!). I would have been out the p&p but at least getting back the item price is better than being mad at myself for waffling. I knew that the bracelet was much too lightweight and a disappointment. Now I'm stuck with it but don't want to wear it because it reminds me of my loss of common sense. :taphead:

So now that the thread about DSR reminded many of us that return by 7 days and get the original p&p back, I make myself decide and return.

I now record more of the shows that I like, watch FFwd stopping at the items that are of interest. My interest was mainly jewellery which can be so easy to get carried away with as some items are reasonably priced. Higher end items like Tiffany style lamps are a more considered purchase so less likely to overreact and buy on a whim. And there are only so many places where I can put a lamp.

I've been shopping with QVC for nearly six years and in the first three my returns rate was zero. I only ordered skincare, and only major names, so I knew what I was getting. However one day I had a fit of the vapours and ordered a Markon shoe TSV. Apols to Markon lovers but such crimes against style just couldn't be allowed to remain under my roof a minute longer, and my returns history began. I then ventured into other areas - bedding, kitchenware, jewellery - and have returned ocassionally but not often. I reckon my return rate is still less than 10%, if I add in chequeholds (which I find a really useful way to secure an item and give me a 'cooling off period') it's probably up to 30%. I had no idea of the existence of the letter until I joined this forum, and I do feel strongly that their returns policy should be far less disingenuous. Many of my purchases are repeat purchases of the exact same item - my Poxytane hand cream for a start - and I've often wondered if they might be more inclined to leave you alone even if your return rate is higher than they'd like if they can see that you regularly buy and keep certain items, as they are more confident of your continued custom...:thinking:

Latest posts

Back